What's new

Kitana Frame Data

But you're not really linking in VF or Tekken. It's just two different terms for very different fighting games.
In the case of VF there actually are instances of linking though, quite a few, and I had given an example of one. As for Tekken, I don't know enough about the frames or situations in the game to know. Staggers themselves are a different thing in VF as well, some staggers you add followups before the stagger stick turns from red to green(where you can finally escape).

kuri

Noob
I guess most relevant for this thread is that the frame advantage Lomyn posted does seem feasible, since even if the +values seem high it has less of an impact in MK. Sort of less anyway, it's not like mixups you might not even be able to x-ray out of are somehow worthless. Looks like there's some confusion about sorta basic stuff even in this thread, like about being able to block follow ups to massive +frame moves, which you should be able to do almost always. Makes me wish there was some more technical "noob guide" to this game rather than ones I've seen so far which are more about "in this game you block pressing a button instead of holding back". I'm pretty sure the hold jump -method actually is correct for determining +frames. I'll actually have to try if Kitanas d1 is punishable on block to confirm that... if I can anyway, kinda hard to do that by myself, haha.

Oh, and apparently Raidens f4 doesn't ALWAYS combo from j1. Ah snap. It's is pretty interesting in itself, it works kinda SF style - it'll combo if the jump in is deep enough. B2 does anyway, and it's almost as slow.

Edit: Ok, Kitanas d1 does seem to be punishable on block, but mostly in theory. It leaves you in practically no block stun, so almost any normal that actually reaches and hits crouching works if you do it fast enough. As in really fast, only reason I could do it was because I controlled both characters and knew when to release block and attack. Mileenas 3 was too slow but 4 was just about fast enough to punish, in case anyone knows startups for those.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I am pretty sure that if you block any characters d+1, you can get your d+1 out before them if they try again. Though Kitana has much more range on hers.

Does Kitana have any advantage strings on block? I'm picking her up as I think she does very solid over all, but I always hear she can rush but without an advantage string I have a hard time understanding that as her only viable mixup position in most matches is after a 26BP as it gives you a safe jump setup though timing seems a bit strict because her j. P is ass. Which naturally leads into a loss in damage I don't feel is ever worth it.

I feel I need to learn Kitana's rushdown a bit better for matches I can't rely on my zoning game as much.

DrDogg

Noob
Does Kitana have any advantage strings on block? I'm picking her up as I think she does very solid over all, but I always hear she can rush but without an advantage string I have a hard time understanding that as her only viable mixup position in most matches is after a 26BP as it gives you a safe jump setup though timing seems a bit strict because her j. P is ass. Which naturally leads into a loss in damage I don't feel is ever worth it.

I feel I need to learn Kitana's rushdown a bit better for matches I can't rely on my zoning game as much.
df+2 is the only attack Kitana has that's advantage on block, as far as I know. However, comprehensive block/hit data has not been fully completely for Kitana at the moment.

I've never found it difficult to get a safe jump after df+2, so I don't know why you're having a hard time there. When it hits, I use a jump punch into f+4, so I can repeat the setup again. If df+2 is blocked, I use d+1 or a cross-up jump to continue my offense.

df+2 is the only attack Kitana has that's advantage on block, as far as I know. However, comprehensive block/hit data has not been fully completely for Kitana at the moment.

I've never found it difficult to get a safe jump after df+2, so I don't know why you're having a hard time there. When it hits, I use a jump punch into f+4, so I can repeat the setup again. If df+2 is blocked, I use d+1 or a cross-up jump to continue my offense.
Don't have a problem with it anymore just her j. P has to be timed a bit later than other characters for some reason.

So your telling me her SPECIAL 26P is advantage on BLOCK? must be like +1 if so but still a SPECIAL that is plus in MK? that seems a bit odd.

DrDogg

Noob
Don't have a problem with it anymore just her j. P has to be timed a bit later than other characters for some reason.

So your telling me her SPECIAL 26P is advantage on BLOCK? must be like +1 if so but still a SPECIAL that is plus in MK? that seems a bit odd.
Well, I don't have her full frame data, so I can't be sure it's adv on block, but if it's not adv it's at least 0 on block. Keep in mind that the second hit has to be blocked. If the opponent is ducking, the second hit will whiff.

Also, there are other specials in MK9 that are advantage on block. Raiden's EX Projectile comes to mind.

Ya Kitana's EX Projectile used to cause a stagger on block that you could dash cancel into advantage but that seems to have been removed. I've just never heard of any close range special in the game that didn't cost meter being advantage.

Also whether 26P can hit people ducking from blocking if your farther away. Like j.P -> BP -> FP -> 26BP if your blocking low will force block. At least on sub zero haven't messed with other characters.

Have a get together tomorrow might have to see if i can bully people with it as kitana's 2FP is one of the best in the game imo.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Something that should be noted (unless I missed it) is that her Air Xray is way faster than her Ground Xray.

DrDogg

Noob
Something that should be noted (unless I missed it) is that her Air Xray is way faster than her Ground Xray.
I actually just capped Kitana's X-Ray (air and normal) to grab the frame data for it. I also capped all of her other attacks just to cross reference the work Lomyn has done. I should have it calculated tomorrow or Wed. I did Reptile first and now I don't want to do anymore tonight... lol

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I actually just capped Kitana's X-Ray (air and normal) to grab the frame data for it. I also capped all of her other attacks just to cross reference the work Lomyn has done. I should have it calculated tomorrow or Wed. I did Reptile first and now I don't want to do anymore tonight... lol
Forward jumping iAX is also faster than NJiAX and Backward jumping iAX as well obviously. Some combos, I have to use the uf~iAX for it to connect or it will whiff. Important stuff to know.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Nope, -1.

I got 12 for all directions, up close.
I know it's the same, but it connects faster depending on where you jump. Do it from a point that accurate frame data can be determined like put them in the corner, stand right next to them and jump back then test the ub~iAX, nj~iAX, and uf~iAX to see the difference in frames between them. Sure it's active after 12 frames, but they don't all hit at 12 frames.

Somberness

Lights
Slight jump forward is 30, jump up is 33, and ground is 40, all full screen. Up close is 22 for ground and 12 for air.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Slight jump forward is 30, jump up is 33, and ground is 40, all full screen. Up close is 22 for ground and 12 for air.
So in a combo, using uf~iAX is 3 frames faster than nj and probably 6+ faster than ub~iAX. Thanks.

10 frame difference between ground and air is HUGE.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
XXZ can you hook us up with frame data on cutter? block advantage on stand block and crouch block? Thanks.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's been called roughly -10 on crouch block but I guess that was just because of the second hit whiff.