What's new

General/Other Kitana Frame Data

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yea, but I try to punish Kitanas D1 on block with a D1 from Jade, which is 6 Frames, But I can never punish Kitana for it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Konqrr is right. Punishing d+1 and counter poking after blocked d+3 is all timing. You have almost no block stun to prepare. Everyone's d+1 is punishable, I punish other character's d+1's that aren't -15 consistently if I know they're coming. Like after they block f+2,1, if I block their d+1 attempt I will d+1 them back.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Konqrr is right. Punishing d+1 and counter poking after blocked d+3 is all timing. You have almost no block stun to prepare. Everyone's d+1 is punishable, I punish other character's d+1's that aren't -15 consistently if I know they're coming. Like after they block f+2,1, if I block their d+1 attempt I will d+1 them back.
Surely a d3 would be better as even on hit d1 leaves you at -1?

-15.. so has anyone met a player that punishes blocked d1 consistantly with superman, spin or reptiles dash and other stuff that is fast?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
-15.. so has anyone met a player that punishes blocked d1 consistantly with superman, spin or reptiles dash and other stuff that is fast?

There are players that can do it in specific situations. The problem is when you're doing like a sudden dash up d+1 and they don't have time to register they've blocked it and punish it. You know, like Cage can punish with b+3 but if he's off on distance or timing he whiffs and he's getting blown up. You can also use d+1~cutter to blow up bad d+1 punish attempts.

That's why you'll often see me do a d+1 from range and then f+2,1. It'll catch people trying to counter poke or punish d+1.

One of the best d+1 punishers I've ever seen was X-Blades from Socal, who could punish with Liu Kang's b+3 fairly reliably. Even then it wasn't enough to where I was locked out from doing d+1.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Surely a d3 would be better as even on hit d1 leaves you at -1?
d3 does like 0.3% damage where d1 does 2%. Even though it's at a disadvantage, you will not be worse off for using it. I do, however, sometimes punish their d1/3 with d3 then immediately do d1 and it blows up a lot of counter or jump attempts.

When someone is looking to really blow up d1 with something like jax f413 or kang b312, they will eat d1~cutter every time. This the main reason why the people who can punish d1 don't really try to punish it in this way. It's always safe to punish with d1/3/4.

Using d3 when they are looking to punish d1 is good too against characters like reptile or lao. If you do d3 and they dash or spin, you can block it and punish hard.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If they time it right those moves will interrupt cutter.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If they time it right those moves will interrupt cutter.
You are right.

There are 13 frames from when d1 is blocked to when cutter connects.

Liu's b3 is 10 frames, so he has a 3 frame window to pull it off.

Jax's f4 is 9 frames, so he has a 4 frame window to pull it off.

Good stuff.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Kitana do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness anyone?

Espio

Kokomo
Question about punishing cutter..it says it has 14 frames of execution and a duration of 44 frames...so 44-14=30 on whiff right? Not sure if I'm interpreting right...but basically what my question is can Stryker punish whiffed cutter with back 1,2,2 into combo of choice and can Jade punish with standing 3 into combo of choice? I mean I've seen Kabal punish with his 9 frame knee...so I know Jade's 1,2 into special and Stryker can do 1,1 roll toss/gunshot, but I'd like to clarify if I can punish with something stronger for these two characters.

Stryker's back 1= 16 frames
Jade's standing 3= 15 frames

So both of the normals are close in speed, thanks in advance :).

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Question about punishing cutter..it says it has 14 frames of execution and a duration of 44 frames...so 44-14=30 on whiff right? Not sure if I'm interpreting right...can Jade punish with standing 3 into combo of choice?

Jade's standing 3= 15 frames
I have trouble getting 3~Slam consistently to punish a whiffed Cutter mostly because sometimes 3 doesn't reach far depending on the position (it needs a bigger hitbox!) I find 2~Staff Slam works so much better as punishment or do 1,2~special but.... Jade NEEDS that damage badly lol.

9_Lives

Noob
I'm going to sound like a total noob, but I always hear about how people aren't punishing the cutter, and they are getting abused by 16Bit as a result of it. If the cutter leaves her at -0 frames, and she can follow up with a 6 frame d1, what would be your best suggestions for punishing it? Character and movewise.

I'm going to sound like a total noob, but I always hear about how people aren't punishing the cutter, and they are getting abused by 16Bit as a result of it. If the cutter leaves her at -0 frames, and she can follow up with a 6 frame d1, what would be your best suggestions for punishing it? Character and movewise.
If you crouch the cutter it completely whiffs and you can punish it within 30 frames I believe.