What's new

Combo List - Kitana Kitana Combo thread

Totshy

Noob
I was wondering what are some low starter and punish combos for online play?
b14 is not a low starter but the 4 hits low and you can follow this with a lift for full combo. Its pretty slow on startup so you cant fully punish with it. Another option is b3 lift.

b14 is not a low starter but the 4 hits low and you can follow this with a lift for full combo. Its pretty slow on startup so you cant fully punish with it. Another option is b3 lift.
Ik its not a true low starter I just wanted to know some good BnB's for online because some seem to have tight timings.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
If anyone has trouble with njp run 3 after lift you can do jump kick xx ass boost for easier ender + same damage, but your opponents are knocked full screen away

I've been a Kitana die hard ever since I first hit a JIK Fan JIK Lift JIK air fan uppercut in the corner with her in MK2. I've been bouncing around to others since the beginning of MKX but since this last patch I'm back on her.

In the last patch they changes her reflect in RS and her Parry in Assassin. What I've been messing with and having success is in strings where you can back dash out of pressure you can parry now. The relief of pressure and the fear that their own attacks are turned against them is amazing. I've been playing in the lab and finding popular strings that this is doable. This parry even works on all armored attacks. This has made assassin Kitana more attractive than RS.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Can someone please test this combo for me and tell me the damage out put: (royal storm corner combo, neutral jump punch starter)
Njp, jk airfan, jk delayed air fan, 3 fan, jk delayed air fan, D4 lift, jk delayed air fan, 111 ass (or replace 111 ass with D4 ass for easier timing)
Thanks in advance

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Can someone please test this combo for me and tell me the damage out put: (royal storm corner combo, neutral jump punch starter)
Njp, jk airfan, jk delayed air fan, 3 fan, jk delayed air fan, D4 lift, jk delayed air fan, 111 ass (or replace 111 ass with D4 ass for easier timing)
Thanks in advance
36%. Way too hard and not worth it.

You can just do njp, jk, f33 fan, fan, b14 lift, jk fan, jk delay fan, 3 ass for a MUCH easier 39% combo

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
36%. Way too hard and not worth it.

You can just do njp, jk, f33 fan, fan, b14 lift, jk fan, jk delay fan, 3 ass for a MUCH easier 39% combo
Thanks. I found out air float can screw up a lot of anti air attempts so I think I need to find an optimized njp combo.

I've recently started playing Kitana but can't for the life of me land the (d1, fan) after starting with (b14 xxEx Fan). Is there something I'm missing or is the timing just incredibly tight? Any advice would be awesome

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
thats a hard one @TodaysAgenda. You have to walk a lil bit then hit the d1 unless its in the corner then its a easy conversion. I usually just do 11 ex fan d1 fan to start that mid screen so you don't have to walk. you do have to wait to input the d1. I usually wait till the opponent starts coming back down off the ex fan regarding the 11exfan d1

thats a hard one @TodaysAgenda. You have to walk a lil bit then hit the d1 unless its in the corner then its a easy conversion. I usually just do 11 ex fan d1 fan to start that mid screen so you don't have to walk. you do have to wait to input the d1. I usually wait till the opponent starts coming back down off the ex fan regarding the 11exfan d1
No doubt @vcuzzo23. I'll hit practice mode for a while and see if I can work it out. Any idea if b14 xxEx fan, d1, fan ect ect is possible in online matches or only offline as the timing seems strict?

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
personally i don't try it online but I did see Kitana Prime trying it on some king of the hill online matches and he couldn't land it in that particular set.

6ixty9

Noob
I've been a Kitana die hard ever since I first hit a JIK Fan JIK Lift JIK air fan uppercut in the corner with her in MK2. I've been bouncing around to others since the beginning of MKX but since this last patch I'm back on her.

In the last patch they changes her reflect in RS and her Parry in Assassin. What I've been messing with and having success is in strings where you can back dash out of pressure you can parry now. The relief of pressure and the fear that their own attacks are turned against them is amazing. I've been playing in the lab and finding popular strings that this is doable. This parry even works on all armored attacks. This has made assassin Kitana more attractive than RS.
Just curious if anyone has a list of these 'gaps' where parry can be used? Especially against kung lao (my main offline opponent). I recently swapped to Rs as I just wasn't using anything from assassin other than assassin strike. Couldn't make parry work for me, even after the buff. But if someone can help me out I'll be back over to assassin in a heart beat

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Just curious if anyone has a list of these 'gaps' where parry can be used? Especially against kung lao (my main offline opponent). I recently swapped to Rs as I just wasn't using anything from assassin other than assassin strike. Couldn't make parry work for me, even after the buff. But if someone can help me out I'll be back over to assassin in a heart beat
I think it's useless. 7 frame startup is still too bad

Creepy00

Noob
New here. I recently got interest in trying out Mournful Kitana after being beaten badly by one.

Could someone list Kitana's mournful bnbs for me? I don't where to exactly look for them in here. Thanks.