What's new

Tech Kitana Combo Thread *UPDATED December 2012*

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Off a close 2,1~lift a full dash, jump up then hit punch as she starts to fall works every time. Good stuff.

How about an easy, fool proof corner combo off 2,1~lift that doesn't involve crap like double b+2's? Right now I would do 2,1~lift, jk~fan, fan, 4~cutter, 3,3,3~cutter, d+1 and it does like 37%. Is there one that does 40%+ besides the ones listed in the first post?

the bnb corner combo i do is 21 lift, njp, b2 fan, fan, fan, 333 cutter, 2. 40%

you can do A LOT more than this with 21 in the corner, but this is my current bnb because it's the most reliable one for me.

you do realize she can do over 50% meterless in the corner right?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
GGA 16 Bit would you have any problems doing 21~lift, njp, 4~fan, b2~fan? You just have to take a step back before the 4~fan to make it work properly. Otherwise Swag's or Khaotik's combo is simple enough just to elevate your damage a little more.

Also no offense but you NEED to start using b2 over jk more lol. There was something recent (I think it might've been at FF) where you could've killed but went to jk~fan instead for less damage and ended up losing the match. Just know that f21 bnb will have b2 work regardless of timing, and 21~lift needs an njp or you have to time the b2 well.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
My execution sucks man. Combos are hard. I'm old, fat and slow I can't move like you kids.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
This may be a dumb question & I've been looking for the threads to tell me how to do it, but how do I cancel with the EX? It's the only thing that pretty much gives me trouble when I'm trying to do EX combos.

TSRPrince

kombat doctor
This may be a dumb question & I've been looking for the threads to tell me how to do it, but how do I cancel with the EX? It's the only thing that pretty much gives me trouble when I'm trying to do EX combos.

After hitting d,f X+Ex to throw the Ex fan, let go of the Ex button while still holding down X, and then dash. If you hold down the Ex button then you won't be able to cancel out of it and kitana will just sit there like an idiot with the 2nd fan in her hand until the game makes you throw it.

Reactions: JDE

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
After hitting d,f X+Ex to throw the Ex fan, let go of the Ex button while still holding down X, and then dash. If you hold down the Ex button then you won't be able to cancel out of it and kitana will just sit there like an idiot with the 2nd fan in her hand until the game makes you throw it.
Ah! Thanks :)

NariTuba

disMember
So I just stumbled upon this meterless 50% in the corner that I find very reliable, it seems much easier to me to execute than the one posted in the OP:

jip, f21, njp, 4~fan, 4~lift, b2~fan, dash, b2~fan, 2~cutter, 2 50%

What makes it easy is that you dont have to dash to connect the 2~cutter after the 2nd b2. Ending it with f2~cutter, d1 instead also does 50% and is much harder.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So I just stumbled upon this meterless 50% in the corner that I find very reliable, it seems much easier to me to execute than the one posted in the OP:

jip, f21, njp, 4~fan, 4~lift, b2~fan, dash, b2~fan, 2~cutter, 2 50%

What makes it easy is that you dont have to dash to connect the 2~cutter after the 2nd b2. Ending it with f2~cutter, d1 instead also does 50% and is much harder.
I use this one alot because it is so easy.