What's new

Question Kitana Blockstrings?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
2,1. If they get hit do 2,1~lift or 2,1~ex fan. If they stand block then finish with 2,1~cutter, that leaves you at neutral in her d+1 range. If they crouch block don't cutter because it's high, either finish 2,1,2 or 2,1 then stop.

1,1,2 is similar except on block if you stop at 1,1 you're neutral and right next to them so you can pressure with like 1,1 throw. 1,1 crossup, 1,1 loop the string. If you think they'll hit a button 1,1,2~cutter or just 1,1~cutter. Again, cutter is high and can be blown up if they're crouch blocking. 1,1,2 by itself is punishable although with the possible cutter ender it's risky for them to try.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I just want to add that B1, 2 can be used after a cutter if it's blocked. Use is sparingly, though. It's slow and punishable, but it has good reach and a weird hitbox that makes it beat some other attacks. I really like it and I've seen CD use it a bit as well.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Blocked JIP 2,1~cutter leaves you in an ideal position. You're neutral and they're not in range to safely poke out of your follow up. If they d+1 or d+3 and you do nothing it whiffs and you can blow them up with b+1,2 or f+2,1. If they try something with longer range it'd be slower and lose to your d+1. If they want to jump out you have air fan. It's easy to make them block after this. Then you can dash in and throw or whatever.

Theme

Noob
I was wondering if it mattered if I used 112xcutter over 21xcutter. I understand you can instead cancel into the airlift, but if I wanted to commit to the block damage, would it be better to use 112 because it has an extra hit for more chip damage?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I was wondering if it mattered if I used 112xcutter over 21xcutter. I understand you can instead cancel into the airlift, but if I wanted to commit to the block damage, would it be better to use 112 because it has an extra hit for more chip damage?
It's only 1% difference, up to you to take a potential hit confirmable string (21) or the extra chip that doesn't combo.

Theme

Noob
My friend uses a lot of cross ups when he has already gotten in. Now my question is regarding this, which is better, Kitana's d+1 or d+4/d+3? I really haven't used d+4 or d+3 that much in my mix ups which I see to be a problem now. Which do you guys prefer? I thought her d+1 lowered her hitbox much more than her d+4/3. Can I get your inputs on this matter? What do you guys link up to the d+3/4's?

I dont have my PS3 right now at home, but Im planning to test out some blockstrings linked into those into grabs or something similar. What do you think?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
My friend uses a lot of cross ups when he has already gotten in. Now my question is regarding this, which is better, Kitana's d+1 or d+4/d+3? I really haven't used d+4 or d+3 that much in my mix ups which I see to be a problem now. Which do you guys prefer? I thought her d+1 lowered her hitbox much more than her d+4/3. Can I get your inputs on this matter? What do you guys link up to the d+3/4's?

I dont have my PS3 right now at home, but Im planning to test out some blockstrings linked into those into grabs or something similar. What do you think?
2-fan, 2-lift cross ups or just jk-air fan

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Ragnar0kz28 (Kitana) vs. Mau (Kabal)2 yo can see here a uber corner presure I did i play slightly diferent to do LOTS of damage en the blocked opponent canceling each combo whit 1 or 2 hits of it whit a cutter like back X cutter back square cutter triangle cutter and big forward O square cancel into cutter or donw back O for that weird low poke kitana got that has no EN

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
JIP F41~cutter is 9% chip on block, and if you hit confirm, you acn replace the cutter with dash b33~lift for upper 30% dmg.

You can also just F41~Cutter for 20%, then go in for a safe jump and repeat F41~cutter to get 9% chip... 29% total, and you're left in that ideal state 16 mentioned earlier where you can D1, iaf, or punish a whiffed poke

Why is nobody using F41 off of a JIP? Seems to get the best of both worlds between 112 and 21

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
JIP F41~cutter is 9% chip on block, and if you hit confirm, you acn replace the cutter with dash b33~lift for upper 30% dmg.

You can also just F41~Cutter for 20%, then go in for a safe jump and repeat F41~cutter to get 9% chip... 29% total, and you're left in that ideal state 16 mentioned earlier where you can D1, iaf, or punish a whiffed poke

Why is nobody using F41 off of a JIP? Seems to get the best of both worlds between 112 and 21
Lots use it. I probably use it too much tbh. On hit confirm of JiP f41 I dash 4~lift for 39% On block I try to either cutter, dash throw, dash d3, walk back to bait a jump in etc.

Theme

Noob

Is this really this effective? I've used it a couple times, but I barely ever see the pros use it. It seems ideal to me too, I may just start using this.

Noserfatu

If you want to use 1 bar of meter, off a JIP you can do F41 ex fan into full F21 combo for 49%. I officially love the F41 string and I think I will use it off of every JIP going forward.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If it's not a deep JIP it doesn't actually jail. Also I like the position of a blocked JIP 2,1~cutter more than 1,1,2~cutter and f+4,1~cutter.

Noserfatu

If it's not a deep JIP it doesn't actually jail. Also I like the position of a blocked JIP 2,1~cutter more than 1,1,2~cutter and f+4,1~cutter.
That is interesting, but the opponent would have to 1. read that its not a deep JIP and 2. risk getting blown up by poorly executing. Is that something we can realistically expect from our opponents that are still not punishing D1~cutter properly?

I definitely notice that the positioning of 21 cutter is favorable to 112 cutter. After 112 cutter I would probably D3 over D1. I didn't notice the positioning of F41 cutter being closer than 21 cutter, though.