What's new

Kitana Beta Discussion

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Fan trap has to be respected. It’s really powerful. It doesn’t even go away when she’s hit

It’s a good setup on KDs and it’s decent against zoning. She wins every trade

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I dunno how viable it would be to use more than once, but I’ve been watching Foxy call out a Kameo and attempt to push people into the fan trap. More hilarious than anything else lol

xKhaoTik

I dunno how viable it would be to use more than once, but I’ve been watching Foxy call out a Kameo and attempt to push people into the fan trap. More hilarious than anything else lol
That’s what I’ve been doing lol. The hitbox on it is big. As long as you’re in the vicinity, it’ll activate

Temptress

Edenian Empress
God, she looks incredible and the animations are so fluid and graceful. MK9 Kitana was my favourite iteration (gameplay-wise) so I'm excited to see how MK1 Kitana feels.

xKhaoTik

I’m struggling with getting my turn when facing relentless pressure, tips? D1 isnt what it used to be..
Flawless blocks and armor. A lot of strings have gaps

pokes are punishable now, like how they were in MK9 so you can’t rely on them too much. They’re a good check but you’ll get punished for it if it’s blocked

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I’m struggling with getting my turn when facing relentless pressure, tips? D1 isnt what it used to be..
Yeah, she has really shit buttons. Speed wise, advancing wise, punish wise. I hope they change her stuff a bit because so far she's going to struggle to punish or do anything up close. She's the worst character in the stress test no contest. She's fun and her combos are cool but you have to be a neutral pro with her. I do like her trap, you can do really cool stuff with it like this:

But yeah overall, she is going to struggle a lot if they don't change the walk speed.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
A bit late to the game on this but say the button input on a video. Her fan toss is back forward then the button? I loved the down forward move for her fan toss. ugh. oh well. getting used to. She still looks phenomenal.

Yes, the input has changed. It's now Back, Forward, Front Punch.
That is wild. It's been Down, Forward for Mk9, 10 and 11. It's her defining move. Why would they change it now?

I think Down Forward is objectively easier to pull off more consistently than Back Forward, no?

I always thought it would be amazing if you could define your own inputs for special moves. I'm sure they could do it, only reason they don't is because setup before each local match would take forever. Unless you could download your profile or something...

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
That is wild. It's been Down, Forward for Mk9, 10 and 11. It's her defining move. Why would they change it now?

I think Down Forward is objectively easier to pull off more consistently than Back Forward, no?

I always thought it would be amazing if you could define your own inputs for special moves. I'm sure they could do it, only reason they don't is because setup before each local match would take forever. Unless you could download your profile or something...
Personally, back forward is easier to do instant air fans, at least for me. Not that down forward is all that bad.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Damn, truly amazing set of skill here ! :)

Very creativity involved for all those Kitana set ups and combo variation with all kameos , amazing job ! :laughing:

I was thinking Kitana was ending being a bit kind boring and limited, but after this video, I changedf my mind, she is truly awesome if well used ! ;)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I’m gonna be honest here, I don’t think any of the Kameos available have really unlocked Kitana’s potential. They allow her a little more damage and safety, but she’s not really lacking in safety, it’s the ability to open people up with her shit buttons that she seems to struggle with.

I’m really eyeing Goro and Scorpion as it stands. Goro’s toss might make her terrifying up close, and his stomp would be great for helping to close out rounds against turtling opponents.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
J34 seemed to be her ender for big damage and midscreen you can dash up for a B4 check.

In the corner though it might be worth sacrificing damage for wind bomb into throw because that stuff is nasty.