What's new

Kitana Beta Discussion

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
If I don’t get in my only question is: How useful is her enhanced fan toss? That move was garbage in MK11, so I’d like to know how it feels now.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Her fans don’t juggle anymore. They knock down against aerial foes
Her iAF is like MK9. Moves her backwards and is insanely quick
DF2 is her armored attack and it launches
Ex fan toss is her dancing fans from MK11, but it’s +14 on block
F1 Is a 12f advancing mid. She also has a 15f advancing mid with b2
She has quite a few strings that launch
B14 is her only string that’s + on block. +3 with pushback
BDF4 is her fan trap, and it’s +12 on block

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Her fans don’t juggle anymore. The knock down against aerial foes
b1 Is a 12f advancing mid and the b14 is +3 on block. She also has a 15f advancing mid with b2
so she has armored launcher? interesting!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
She has a low combo starter which is nice, good to use in neutral. So is her B3,4 great to punish. Her F2 is a bit wack, it's really stubby plus it's a high. Her combos are mad fun, she seems to work seamlessly with Sonya, especially her air assist. I'll post a combo I did to show off potentially what you can do. It's really cool.

Last edited:
She has a low combo starter which is nice, good to use in neutral. So is her B3,4 great to punish. Her F2 is a bit wack, it's really stubby plus it's a high. Her combos are mad fun, she seems to work seamlessly with Sonya, especially her air assist. I'll post a combo I did to show off potentially what you can do. It's really cool.

Yeah, it's neat what she can do so far. I'm also getting around 26% Metreless with no Kameo simply doing B2, 4~Lift, Jump Kick~Fan Toss. Very high damage stuff for things that are so simple.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Her fans don’t juggle anymore. The knock down against aerial foes
I think this is a fine tradeoff to having an aerial version of fan lift available. Makes sense she can't air fans into air combo into air fan lift into land into grounded string etc. etc. as that'd be ridiculous.

b1 Is a 12f advancing mid and the b14 is +3 on block. She also has a 15f advancing mid with b2
The rest of this is just lovely. Glad to see the trap is so potent on block considering how long it takes to start. How quick is the startup on ex fan toss?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
They might be going in a direction of "more base damage but more scaling". So casuals can do significant damage without elaborate combos and hardcore players can squeeze extra optimal damage without bordering on 50% combos.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Watching K&M and it looks like Kitana can't combo into fan lift off certain strings / parts of strings. Too much pushback on hit so the initial part of fan lift whiffs. Gotta be mindful of how your punishes / hit confirms are going. I'm hoping there'll be some kameo options to fill in those gaps because I would HATE to have an MK11 D'Vorah-esque issue of not getting punish damage off the fastest string options.

xKhaoTik

Watching K&M and it looks like Kitana can't combo into fan lift off certain strings / parts of strings. Too much pushback on hit so the initial part of fan lift whiffs. Gotta be mindful of how your punishes / hit confirms are going. I'm hoping there'll be some kameo options to fill in those gaps because I would HATE to have an MK11 D'Vorah-esque issue of not getting punish damage off the fastest string options.
She can’t do 11 lift midscreen. She has to do 1 lift. 11 works in the corner tho. I’ve mainly been using 2412 and b24

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
That.. is REALLY weird lookin. Seems pretty quick but not MKX crazy levels. Projectiles appear to be pretty good across the board to compensate for the tiny screen size.

She can’t do 11 lift midscreen. She has to do 1 lift. 11 works in the corner tho. I’ve mainly been using 2412 and b24
Ok that's fine then if she can 1xxFan Lift. Just wanted to make sure she has a fast punish option. Obviously all subject to change with the day 1 patch (which is absolutely cursed for Kitana from MK11), but I'm hopeful that at least stays.

xKhaoTik

That.. is REALLY weird lookin. Seems pretty quick but not MKX crazy levels. Projectiles appear to be pretty good across the board to compensate for the tiny screen size.

Ok that's fine then if she can 1xxFan Lift. Just wanted to make sure she has a fast punish option. Obviously all subject to change with the day 1 patch (which is absolutely cursed for Kitana from MK11), but I'm hopeful that at least stays.
Both 1 and 2 are 9f, but 2 is so much better than 1. The string is nuts lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
They seem kind of slow.

Does she have Edenian Razors that cost no meter and are advantage on block?

:DOGE

Visually, this game looks unimpressive to me. I feel like it looks too much like Injustice.

The stages do not match an MK game either. The inside of an apartment / house and a bar / restaurant? What?

xKhaoTik

But… is she fun? And does she feel like Kitana?
Yea she’s very fun. She feels like MK9 Kitana. Great juggle potential without kameo, good zoning, amazing corner carry, nice range and buttons, great damage, etc. The fact that her wake up AND reversal is an armored launcher (with kameo) is really good as well

They captured her feel well. She doesn’t need meter AT ALL like in previous games, but she’s dangerous with it

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

She pretty much has NO overhead. The one overhead she has is in her f12 string. The 2 is an overhead, but it’s extremely unsafe. It’s 2 hits and is a HKD. It’s special cancellable too

her low b3 and it’s 21f. Has good range and it launches

her FB is SOOOOOOOO slow, especially since there’s a flash start now. It’s 36f and -40 on block. 24 and b3 are the only strings that combo into it. Fan lift combos into it too. The raw damage is great (35%) but I just can’t understand why it’s that slow

xKhaoTik

She can do multiple fan lifts in the corner, and THEN combo into a kameo

The first fan lift suspends, and the other ones act like MKX Kitana air fans during juggles AFTER the suspend. Like, it knocks them up.

the damage isn’t worth tho. It’s just swag