What's new

King of The Deep Combo Thread

That's actually one of my main starters. After the B2U3, you're gonna wait longer then you think you need to, then cancel a 1 (the trident twirl move) into a from the deep. You can then meterburn a from the deep and do a trident toss for an over 40% combo that leaves them far away, or just do the from the deep.

This is especially good because it's completely safe and gives you room on block or whiff, and if they're conditioned to block low it'll work a lot of times it shouldn't
Unfortunately i try to refrain from using this as a mix up too often. Cuz its got hella start up and its easy to react too. Solid players block it more times than not. And if the up3 whiffs your just asking to get reversal punished. For example black atom will use black magic to punish the whiff for a full combo. Or if its another aquaman player he can reversal with mb from the deep for a full combo. Its really risky in my opinion. And not hard to whiff punish at all.

Unfortunately i try to refrain from using this as a mix up too often. Cuz its got hella start up and its easy to react too. Solid players block it more times than not. And if the up3 whiffs your just asking to get reversal punished. For example black atom will use black magic to punish the whiff for a full combo. Or if its another aquaman player he can reversal with mb from the deep for a full combo. Its really risky in my opinion. And not hard to whiff punish at all.
I see. I appreciate the information. I'm not an Aquaman man, so it's nice to know that what I've been doing isn't really optimal.

I will say that the way I try and mix it up it playing very defensively and using a lot of FTD to condition them to approach but blocking low so they don't lose ground, then hitting them with it when they are within range

Hi,

I have been testing a little and have been trying to figure out the best damage possible off combos. I'm pretty new to Aqua so this might not be best but so far (ill update with accurate numbers later)

Meterless 3B:
most damage i can find at just over 400
3B, B2U2, 3xxBF2 - the timing is super awful and seems like it can be a bit yuk to use other options that are still good damage but a little less
3B, B2U2, 223 - easy 380ish
3B, J3, F2 1+3 - again pretty simple

1Meter 3B:
3B, B2U2, 22xxDB2 MB, F2 1+3. 500.12 damage.
3B, B2U2, 22xxDB2 MB, D2xxBF2 500.12 damage

im gonna keep working on these

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Another shit combo thread that OP abandoned day 1.

Anyone interested in me starting a new combo thread with actual updates? None of his old BnBs work, obviously, so it might be in order. Especially considering this is another of many combos threads that OP abandoned day 1 and only started it so he could do it before anyone else did.

On second thought, maybe it's not even necessary. God damn are his combo options limited now.

Last edited:

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Another shit combo thread that OP abandoned day 1.

Anyone interested in me starting a new combo thread with actual updates? None of his old BnBs work, obviously, so it might be in order. Especially considering this is another of many combos threads that OP abandoned day 1 and only started it so he could do it before anyone else did.
sure I wouldn't mind some post patch combos. been struggling to find some optimal stuff outside of b12 low scoop mb d2 b3 ji3 f2 1+3

John Grizzly

sure I wouldn't mind some post patch combos. been struggling to find some optimal stuff outside of b12 low scoop mb d2 b3 ji3 f2 1+3
After labbing him for a bit, I don't know if he has much aside from that. His options are incredibly limited now. Damn did NRS hit him hard. If I can actually come up with anything new, I'll make a new thread. Otherwise, I think that BnB may be all he has. They could have at least made his Low Scoop launch higher so a straight up B+3 would connect.

It's almost worth burning the two bars with him now and doing the B+3/F+3 cancels. Even doing that seems to only net sub-400 damage, though.

DeftMonk

Noob
After labbing him for a bit, I don't know if he has much aside from that. His options are incredibly limited now. Damn did NRS hit him hard. If I can actually come up with anything new, I'll make a new thread. Otherwise, I think that BnB may be all he has. They could have at least made his Low Scoop launch higher so a straight up B+3 would connect.
How much does that bnb do on superman?

John Grizzly

How much does that bnb do on superman?
B1,2xxMB Scoop, D+2, B+3, JI3, F+2,1+3 - 324.26 on Superman

B1,2xxB+3 cancel, JI3, F+2,1+3 - 395.62 on Superman

B+1,2,3xxTrident Toss - 206.71 meterless on Superman

B+2xxMB Scoop, D+2, B+3, F+2,1+3 - 333.72 on Superman

Last edited:

John Grizzly

Can anyone consistently hit MB scoop, D2, F3 in the corner? Shit is Swamp Thing levels of execution tightness.
Not only did they nerf his damage and options to hell, but NRS also made his BnBs super tight now. It's definitely not just you. Connecting B+3 after a D+2 from the low scoop isn't like frame perfect or anything, but it's definitely way more difficult than it needs to be, especially considering the low damage he gets for a bar as it is now. If they wanted to remove the combo properties of the MB FTD, that's fine but at least make the low Scoop launch them high enough for a naked B+3. I really don't get it.

John Grizzly

You can hit b12 xx db1, d2, b3, j3, 22 xx bf2 for 332 dmg versus Superman
I think F+2,1+3 is still the better ender due to Aquaman being able to control which direction they land in.

I was really only hoping for a big Trident Rush nerf. Everything else was really unexpected. They nerfed this character so hard that he seems incomplete now. I don't even understand what the purpose of meter burning FTD is now. MB Low Scoop might be the shittiest combo extender in INJ2 considering it's literally his only option to get more damage now.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Probably a better idea to just save all your bar for MB trident rush and use b123 trident toss for meterless combos.

John Grizzly

Not sure the following are worth their own thread. I was tempted to make my own thread and actually update it because OP never did, but I don't think it's necessary.

I believe these might be optimal post patch combos for Aquaman. Some of them do use a bounce cancel, but I figure some AM players might use that more due to his super low damage he gets now. Deep JI3, 3xxTT seems to be the most damaging ender as opposed to the old JI3, F+2,1+3 ender everyone always uses.

I have no way to record these right now, but they do all work, I can promise you that. The timing can be fairly tough, though.

TT - TRIDENT TOSS
LC - LOW SCOOP
BC - BOUNCE CANCEL

1,1,2,3(cancel before last hit comes out)xxBC, deep JI3, 3xxTT - 460.43 on Superman (two bars)

B+2xxBC, JI3, 3xxTT -
449.27 on Superman (two bars)

B+1xxBC, deep JI3, 3xxTT -
415.27 on Superman (two bars)

MB B+3, deep JI3, 3xxTrident Toss -
413.26 on Superman (one bar)

B+1,2xxMB LS, D2, B+3, deep JI3, 3xxTT -
333.25 on Superman (one bar)

D+2, B+3, deep JI3, 3xxTT -
288.28 on Superman (meterless anti-air)

D+2, MB B+3, deep JI3, 3xxTT -
329.42 on Superman (one bar anti-air)

Anyway, these could be useless, but for whatever reason I've been really trying to find something other than what people are using for his current BnBs. I haven't really played this character since INJ1 but something is drawing me back to him now.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
Not sure the following are worth their own thread. I was tempted to make my own thread and actually update it because OP never did, but I don't think it's necessary.

I believe these might be optimal post patch combos for Aquaman. Some of them do use a bounce cancel, but I figure some AM players might use that more due to his super low damage he gets now. Deep JI3, 3xxTT seems to be the most damaging ender as opposed to the old JI3, F+2,1+3 ender everyone always uses.

I have no way to record these right now, but they do all work, I can promise you that. The timing can be fairly tough, though.

TT - TRIDENT TOSS
LC - LOW SCOOP
BC - BOUNCE CANCEL

1,1,2,3(cancel before last hit comes out)xxBC, deep JI3, 3xxTT - 460.43 on Superman (two bars)

B+2xxBC, JI3, 3xxTT -
449.27 on Superman (two bars)

B+1xxBC, deep JI3, 3xxTT -
415.27 on Superman (two bars)

MB B+3, deep JI3, 3xxTrident Toss -
413.26 on Superman (one bar)

B+1,2xxMB LS, D2, B+3, deep JI3, 3xxTT -
333.25 on Superman (one bar)

D+2, B+3, deep JI3, 3xxTT -
288.28 on Superman (meterless anti-air)

D+2, MB B+3, deep JI3, 3xxTT -
329.42 on Superman (one bar anti-air)

Anyway, these could be useless, but for whatever reason I've been really trying to find something other than what people are using for his current BnBs. I haven't really played this character since INJ1 but something is drawing me back to him now.
Thank you very much for this post, I was thinking of picking up Aquaman but I had no combos to work with, because of the OP abandoning this thread.

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
I get the feeling that if you want to take advantage of the delicious footsies Aquaman has to offer then playing as optimal as possible is the name of the game. I think we should start compiling the most optimal combos for the new Aquaman and then look to making optimal intractable combos for each stage. This is about to be a journey.

What the fuck do you do at the wall now...stupid scoop crosses up and even if you use f+2 1+2 to switch again you've lost wall pressure. Seems unfair the AM doesn't have a decent special to use at the wall for combos.

Ok I've got an interesting one for you guys. Might be a total dud or might be a total win--you decide.

[starter]~scoop mb, d2, b3, ji3, 22~tentacle

There are various ways to hit the ending part via late or early ji3. Most consistent for me has been early ji3 plus slight walk forward before 22. Damage is about 332 on Superman in comp mode. However, it puts them in a left/right 50/50 situation. Early ji3 hits same side, while slightly later ji3 hits opposite. Whichever ji3 you do can be followed with this combo:

Ji3, 22~scoop mb, 22~tentacle

Does about 345 damage on Superman in comp mode and resets them to the exact distance to continue the loop.

Trash? Treasure? You be the judge.

Edit: So some modifications that are good news and bad news. First, I thought I had roll mode on and I didn't. They can roll out of the tentacle strike ended. However, that's not necessarily bad since rolling during your jump forward is visually confirmable and they stand up at the perfect distance to eat your j2 in the face. So you can get the knockdown and jump forward, confirm their position and hit 2 or 3 depending on whether or not you see them roll. Alternatively, for about three damage points less, you can end in 223 for a hard knockdown that always leaves them at 50/50 range. Lastly, for a bit more damage, you can end in 22~mb tentacle for the right distance plus huge frame advantage.

Last edited:

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
*sigh* Finally got some free time for the lab again so I'll start compiling post-nerf combos. I'll edit my old posts when I get closer to done. At the very least I only have half the work to do this time since his 0-bar routes didn't really change.