What's new

Killer Frost emblem spotted on S.T.A.R. Labs Mission screen at PAX East; as good as confirmed?

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Firestorm held his own title for 80 issues and 2 annuals in the 80's with 1 mention of Killer Frost. Step up sempai.
I'm sure thats a big accomplishment or something in the world of Comics but again thats the 1% this game is for the masses

Reedoms

Noob
I'm sure thats a big accomplishment or something in the world of Comics but again thats the 1% this game is for the masses
My point being is that you got your post backwards. Killer Frost can't have a story without Firestorm while he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Whether that be flying through space and shit or being the avatar of fire and disarming nukes around the world.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
she is the ONLY obscure character getting in this game Grundy was in a lot of the cartoons
Just going to post this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Frost#Television

If being in cartoons means Grundy isn't obscure, I'd like you to look at the animated appearances she's had over the years. Most recently in the movie Superman/Batman Public Enemies as well as Young Justice.

So she's relevant to the casual audience that watches that kind of stuff.

Just thought i'd throw that out there...

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Hey man, just be glad if that's her in the achievement that this chick won't have 'manface'.

Numbface

You. Are Not. Alone.
my point is putting an obscure character no one likes over a popular one will always piss people off
Is the popularity difference even great enough to be a factor though? From what I can tell Captain Cold isn't all that popular to the majority, I can understand why his cult following is upset but how many people actually care? my guess is not many

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
because some characters deserve to be in the game more than others

imagine if Batman didn't get into the game because they wanted more obscure characters so instead of a character that deserves to be in game we get some character than not many people know about or like like Kiteman
people would be pissed if Kiteman got into Injustice instead of Batman
Well isn't this kindof happening with MMH though? I mean really - you can't say that characters like Sinestro or Grundy or some others have more fans than MMH or were more demanded :) MMH is a main JLer and he is still not on x)

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Just going to post this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Frost#Television

If being in cartoons means Grundy isn't obscure, I'd like you to look at the animated appearances she's had over the years. Most recently in the movie Superman/Batman Public Enemies as well as Young Justice.

So she's relevant to the casual audience that watches that kind of stuff.

Just thought i'd throw that out there...
well you got me there

trufenix

bye felicia
because some characters deserve to be in the game more than others

imagine if Batman didn't get into the game because they wanted more obscure characters so instead of a character that deserves to be in game we get some character than not many people know about or like like Kiteman
people would be pissed if Kiteman got into Injustice instead of Batman
Are you really comparing the loss of Killer Frost OR Captain Cold to the omission of Batman?!

Robotic Shark

Is the popularity difference even great enough to be a factor though? From what I can tell Captain Cold isn't all that popular to the majority, I can understand why his cult following is upset but how many people actually care? my guess is not many
Captain Cold is a major character in the new Flash 52 and was a pretty big villain in Flash v2

Courtney

Burn in my Light
My point being is that you got your post backwards. Killer Frost can't have a story without Firestorm while he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Whether that be flying through space and shit or being the avatar of fire and disarming nukes around the world.
Ive seen her what 10-20ish times outside of comics only once was Firestorm there, she doesn't need him to make ice puns or freeze the city or whatever she'll do

Reedoms

Noob
Well isn't this kindof happening with MMH though? I mean really - you can't say that characters like Sinestro or Grundy or some others have more fans than MMH or were more demanded :) MMH is a main JLer and he is still not on x)
Sinestro probably does have more fans than Manhunter. Dude had a serious revival when Sinestro Corps War happened.

she is the ONLY obscure character getting in this game Grundy was in a lot of the cartoons

and we aren't saying her gameplay is bad we are saying killer frost as a character is bad a lot of us are DC fans wanting to play some of our favorite characters but they get pushed aside for a character who has no REAL fanbase
Right... but maybe she can get a fanbase now?

I seem to remember people not liking stryker. Calling him a "pedofile rapist" looking dude.

but in MK9 he turned out pretty boss IMO.

I dunno, I understand where you're coming from. It'd be like making a say... a Final Fantasy Fighting game and putting in some random NPC, over a lead character.

But on the flip side, I don't see how people can't come to like this "random NPC" if they have a good role in the plot, and their style turns out to be interesting.

Edit: just give it a chance, then judge.

Robotic Shark

That's the point though. Once you get beyond the core 10 or so DC gods, everyone's a toss up. You could literally replace any character in the extended cast and the resultant bitching would be the exact same.
no matter what people will bitch but you can make people bitch less .... or at least I hope