What's new

Tech Killer Frost B2 Corner Crossup Tech/Gimmick

I did a cursory search through the forums and didn't find this mentioned at all, so I thought I'd post it up here.

It's pretty cute and it works pretty consistently off any KF hard knockdown in the corner. If they don't roll, it'll work then too.

If they get used to the threat, standard F3 or B1U3 will have a higher chance of succeeding.

Works in corner off hard knockdown. B2 is only -2 so it's safe if blocked and can be a parry setup.

ONLY crouching normals will combo after this, because KF has to turn around. Standing normals go the wrong way.

Sorry for the vid quality and unoptimal combos. My frost is still newb status.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
There is no point doing that at all especially seen as it removes corner pressure and does less damage.
If they were going to get hit by a non-overhead cross-up b2 you could of just hit them with a low to begin with

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
COMEBACK FACTOR SON

I love corpse-hops and this is cool. It might be useful to use once to cross your opponent up on wakeup, but after the first time anyone will know what's coming.

There is no point doing that at all especially seen as it removes corner pressure and does less damage.
If they were going to get hit by a non-overhead cross-up b2 you could of just hit them with a low to begin with
How does that make any kind of sense? If they're blocking high or low regular side, they'll get hit by a crossup.

well couldnt he just do another u3 and recorner him? and possibly allow it to loop
Yeah, I apologized for my lack of combo skills, but you can definitely keep them in the corner. That's pretty obvious.

COMEBACK FACTOR SON

I love corpse-hops and this is cool. It might be useful to use once to cross your opponent up on wakeup, but after the first time anyone will know what's coming.

Well, you can always fake the setup and simply do F3 or B1U3.

This is potentially fantastic tech. The one problem I see is that wakeup attacks beat it. Does this cross up the wakeup input? If it autocorrects then it can get blown up pretty bad.

This is potentially fantastic tech. The one problem I see is that wakeup attacks beat it. Does this cross up the wakeup input? If it autocorrects then it can get blown up pretty bad.

I didn't test it against a variety of wakeups because I'm lazy. Mostly these types of setups reverse inputs, but the CPU set to wakeup won't get messed up.

I'll test it some more for you guys.

Even if it gets beat by wakeups... it's still neat to have in a bag of tricks.

Two reasons

1) Some characters wakeups are ass (Raven, Batman)

2) if The wakeup is Good and beats the setup, odds are you can just block, punish, or MBF3 through it.

How does that make any kind of sense? If they're blocking high or low regular side, they'll get hit by a crossup.
You can block low attacks by just holding down(you don't need to down-back), so for low attacks you don't need to worry about which side to block. Only info/source I found is the Injustice ingame tutorial mentioning it "Attacks that target the feet or legs are known as Low Attacks. Low Attacks can be blocked by holding Down." and random discussion about it on forums http://testyourmight.com/threads/my-opinion-on-holding-down-to-block-dback-not-needed.30379/

You can block low attacks by just holding down(you don't need to down-back), so for low attacks you don't need to worry about which side to block. Only info/source I found is the Injustice ingame tutorial mentioning it "Attacks that target the feet or legs are known as Low Attacks. Low Attacks can be blocked by holding Down." and random discussion about it on forums http://testyourmight.com/threads/my-opinion-on-holding-down-to-block-dback-not-needed.30379/

Oh fuck, I forgot about that dumb ass shit.

From an SF background, that makes no sense but hey whatevs.

Meh, If I forgot about it so can others.

But even then, it may condition your opponent to hold down instead of back, so they get hit by the more damaging, safer F3.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I personally think this might be fantastic. If it can be used to cruss up opponents on the other side before they wake up then I will definitely start doing this too. Btw sometimes gimmicky is good and helps mix up your play style. Call it gimmixups

But even then, it may condition your opponent to hold down instead of back, so they get hit by the more damaging, safer F3.
But you can condition the same response by going low. And that option both leads into a more damaging combo and can be set up off of a more damaging setup. Ultimately you end up losing somewhere 20% for the same demanded response as b1. Well, not exactly the same, since your opponent can wake up and stuff it, which violates rule 0 of setups (especially with KF, who otherwise doesn't have to worry about them at all).

Very neat idea and a cool interaction. Thanks for bringing it up. But I don't think the current tech off of it is worthwhile as is.