What's new

Kickstart Campaign for Mortal Kombat Trilogy REMAKE with UE5

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
is this a scam? So what is gona happen? they get the money from the kicker than WB shuts them down for copy write infringement?

MRIGOTBASS

How about we skip the HD remake and just Release a AS-IS version of UMK3 + MK2 + MK1 and whatever else, with 4 player lobbies, voice and thats vetted by people who actually know how to play the game. They are talking about 60fps and remaking shit I am so over this, I had enough of the Remakes and Hacks and Mods, all the real players want is a normal playable version of at least UMK3 on consoles. @Juggs would agree. The graphics or FPS or whatever else is not what is holding back people from playing its the lack of ANY playable version of the classics on current gen consoles.

How about we skip the HD remake and just Release a AS-IS version of UMK3 + MK2 + MK1 and whatever else, with 4 player lobbies, voice and thats vetted by people who actually know how to play the game. They are talking about 60fps and remaking shit I am so over this, I had enough of the Remakes and Hacks and Mods, all the real players want is a normal playable version of at least UMK3 on consoles. @Juggs would agree. The graphics or FPS or whatever else is not what is holding back people from playing its the lack of ANY playable version of the classics on current gen consoles.
I agree. We need to get mortal Kombat arcade kollection back on Xbox one and ps4!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I agree. We need to get mortal Kombat arcade kollection back on Xbox one and ps4!
Why on Earth would anyone do that? MKAK was the worst port ever made of the classic MK’s, namely UMK3. What we really need is a re-release of them, or at the very least UMK3 (or MKT) and maybe also MK2, on all platforms, with rollback netcode and of course as close to arcade perfect port as possible! They don’t have to change any gameplay, they honestly don’t have to update any of the graphics, certainly don’t have to make it 60 fps. Just give us a way to play the true arcade version of UMK3 or all the classics with great online. That’s all we have ever wanted. @MRIGOTBASS is absolutely correct

That said, I definitely support this MKT endeavor. I already signed months ago when he contacted me. Hopefully it goes somewhere, it’d be dope.

MKAK was the worst port ever made of the classic MK’s, namely UMK3.
That is an understatement! XBLA UMK3 i think was the last decent port to consoles.

The only reason this endeavour would work is because these guys actually seem to care about these games and would want the best version released. Although if they're under the thumb of WB that could change the outcome depending on timeframe allowed/budgets/constraints etc.

As to whether it will sell, that i'm uncertain about. Even if it does sell a reasonable amount, aside from the initial wow moment after release, i'm not sure how much long term play it would get beyond the communities that are still playing the older games.

All that said, i hope it works out. This is by far the best way to recreate the old versions instead of the crazy idea that was HD Kollection using the old-school digitising process.

ded

Elder God
I agree with Bass here. I've already tried some hack roms and all those little extras (like additional backgrounds, alternate colors) change the game properties, collision boxes and etc.

I understand some fans just want to have better graphics, but remaking a classic fighting game (which is also considered competitive) is never a good idea (capcom).

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
what is this antimodding sentiment? literally any game that has mods (especially those with official modding support, see literally any classic id software fps game) lives for much longer.
Not to mention, if you don't wanna play the modded game...idk, just don't? is anyone stopping you from playing the vanilla game?
And keep in mind, I'd love to see a proper UMK3 port with a good ggpo implementation...but what's exactly wrong about modding UMK3 and by extension, this hypothetical port? hell, what if said port actually comes with a modding sdk? That would be fucking awesome and it's a win-win for everyone.

Mgo

Noob
looks like a mugen to me. if this doesn't keep the exact gameplay of the original it's not worth it at all

Reactions: ded