What's new

Khameleon

Kodachi

[Sansetsukon]
I was planning on maining her with Tanya since before the game launched and we don’t even get the Color she was revealed in to match Tanya’s Umgadi default yellow. Kasual complaint but my hype has been terminated.
Ill be the first to admit I was so easily taken in by lies…
See y’all in Tekken 8 :coffee:

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I am curious: since Khameleon's whole gimmick is changing colors, what is the point of the palletes? Do they only show up on victory poses and menu screens? Or do those wacky pink and blue palletes actually affect the patterns on the copied ninjas? Eg: jade now looks a different green when you equip a different pallete

View attachment 21324
I was planning on maining her with Tanya since before the game launched and we don’t even get the Color she was revealed in to match Tanya’s Umgadi default yellow. Kasual complaint but my hype has been terminated.
View attachment 21325
Ill be the first to admit I was so easily taken in by lies…
See y’all in Tekken 8 :coffee:
hey man priorities,cool colors cant be in,got to get that trans flag color going you feel me,represnet lol.

if you are on pc you can mod the pallets so this color can be yours.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
So it seems like the Kitana disguise is the worst? Mileena launches without using too much gravity, Jade is just the Sareena boomerang blade things, just adds decent damage. Kitana's fan launches but uses a good bit of gravity, doesn't allow for a great follow up. Unless I'm missing something

Edit: Each has their own throw as well, looks like Kitana's is the worst in that department as well. Jade's does a nice 130, Mileena's does 90 but leaves them restood putting you at +31. Kitana's is a standard throw that does 110.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So it seems like the Kitana disguise is the worst? Mileena launches without using too much of your gravity, Jade is just the Sareena boomerang blade things, just adds decent damage. Kitana's fan launches but uses a good bit of gravity, doesn't allow for a great follow up. Unless I'm missing something
The Kitana form's #1 most important thing imo is the fan lift as it turns anything jump cancelable at ambush speed. Run away, mixups, hit confirms on things you usually can't, corner escape -- it gives a lot in one move.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
The Kitana form's #1 most important thing imo is the fan lift as it turns anything jump cancelable at ambush speed. Run away, mixups, hit confirms on things you usually can't, corner escape -- it gives a lot in one move.
Ah, I haven't messed with that yet, thanks.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So it seems like the Kitana disguise is the worst? Mileena launches without using too much gravity, Jade is just the Sareena boomerang blade things, just adds decent damage. Kitana's fan launches but uses a good bit of gravity, doesn't allow for a great follow up. Unless I'm missing something

Edit: Each has their own throw as well, looks like Kitana's is the worst in that department as well. Jade's does a nice 130, Mileena's does 90 but leaves them restood putting you at +31. Kitana's is a standard throw that does 110.
Yooo a throw restand sounds absolutely broken, I love it.

Edit: can anyone tell me if Mileena Ball Roll is an overhead?

Happy to see NRS changed the idea of her being a randomly changing collection of Kameo moves and follow a set order instead. It's for the better.

And from the sounds of it, She's pretty good in all forms too with a lot of combo potential for almost everyone.

IM SOLD. All I need to switch Scorpion to Khameleon with Reptile was an overhead to mix fools up.
Messed with her earlier for a couple minutes and I'm glad to see Kham-Jade's Glaive gives him almost as damage as Sareena's Blades. Off by maybe a percent or so but the recharge rate is faster.

Didn't know about Ball Roll though, I only messed with her Air Sai. Being an ambush there's gotta be potential there with Reptile's juggles.
I've also seen a twitter clip of Kham-Kitana give him a neat combo with Fan Lift. Fan in the Corner can be converted into a combo too.

Reptile+Khameleon might be worth looking into.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Happy to see NRS changed the idea of her being a randomly changing collection of Kameo moves and follow a set order instead. It's for the better.

And from the sounds of it, She's pretty good in all forms too with a lot of combo potential for almost everyone.

Messed with her earlier for a couple minutes and I'm glad to see Kham-Jade's Glaive gives him almost as damage as Sareena's Blades. Off by maybe a percent or so but the recharge rate is faster.

Didn't know about Ball Roll though, I only messed with her Air Sai. Being an ambush there's gotta be potential there with Reptile's juggles.
I've also seen a twitter clip of Kham-Kitana give him a neat combo with Fan Lift. Fan in the Corner can be converted into a combo too.

Reptile+Khameleon might be worth looking into.
I did not know they changed her into a fixed pattern, more good news then! Im anxious to test her out tomorrow.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Absolutely loving this kameo. I bounced off Termor... but this kameo is all sorts of awesome.

You can force cycle to the next Kameo type after using a Kameo move, or you can force cycle, again only to the next kameo type, via Back Kameo for 1 bar and a bit of recovery. Other than that, there is no way to control when youll have what moves.

Sometimes you'll have an invincible launching oh wakeup, sure. Some matches you may even have access to it when you're knocked down, but how many times will it take you to NOT have it when it's needed to lose the match?

How many times will you need to drop a combo bc the timer changed to lose?

This Kameo would be much better if characters used their kameos as upgrades rather than an integral part of their tools, but as it is, she's too unreliable to be anything but the worst Kameo in the game.

If you like this character, we should all be vocal about changes.

wonder if there are any buttons that determine what mode she starts in or something.. I played a tanya who was able to get jade kameo for pressure often from the time taken by F2 staggers

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I’m not sure if this is intended or not, but I think when Khameleon has applied the armour (back+Kameo) mileena’s sais do more damage, or have less combo scaling.

josephf5

Noob
Khameleon makes me realize how awful this game’s practice mode is. If I want to practice a combo with Khameleon’s Mileena form, for instance, I can’t just set her to her Mileena form and practice the combo. I have to sit there and wait for her to cycle through her forms and get to the Mileena form. It’s really aggravating.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Khameleon makes me realize how awful this game’s practice mode is. If I want to practice a combo with Khameleon’s Mileena form, for instance, I can’t just set her to her Mileena form and practice the combo. I have to sit there and wait for her to cycle through her forms and get to the Mileena form. It’s really aggravating.
I just set both characters to the one I want, and select Khameleon for both. Keep resetting until the starting kameos are what I want (you can just alter the kameo for one of the characters and then alter it back). That way when you reset it will always be the kameo you want.

Agree that it is annoying though.

Obviously Khameleon is a very good Kameo potentially #1
But what I'm wondering is why it seems random changing in Practice but always set rotation in matches (Mileena > Jade > Kitana)
But in practice on PS5 I'm getting Jade twice.
Anyone else get this glitch?

This is what I mean:
It's supposed to be a set rotation but in practice mode it's random. Has to be a glitch!?

FYI if you want a specific variation of Khameleon to start with in practice, go to practice settings and quick change variation to Stryker then back to Khameleon until you get the variation you want to start with then you can reset on Jade if you want that.

Last edited:
Looks like Sub Zero might be good with Khameleon
Ketchup showed that Kitana Fan Toss makes B2 or anything safe on block.
Kitana Fan Lift removes recovery of anything, for example Quan Chi can SkyDrop and once he hits you you can Fan Lift out of danger shown by Xombat.
Sub Zero's Clone is completely safe using Fan Lift.
Multiple characters get a back throw combo from Fan Lift really strong damage around 27%
Multiple characters also get a full screen combo off a projectile on hit with Fan Lift.

Kitana, Mileena and Jade are all good but I think Kitana is the best, followed by Mileena and then Jade Glaives/Glow.

Plop

Noob
yeah it sucks. What I've been doing is going back to character select and hoping it starts on the one i want to practice with

I was wrong.

Khameleon's Moves are too good for it to matter that you won't always have the best one for a situation. You'll almost always have something for the occasion.

Liu/Khameleon is my current team, I may switch full time from Motaro.

Kitana is best for Liu, but Mileena's air Sai gives more meterless damage, and Jade can really may his keep away and zoning pretty strong.

Loving Khameleon. Happy to have been wrong.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Khameleon is quite interesting as it kinda forces you to stop and change your playstyle when your are out of meter, as well as obviously changing combo routes and approaches depending on which disguise she has at the moment. Jade razorang can be used as bait: throw it out from mid distance, then backdash as they try to poke khameleon and negate the second hit, and full combo punish the poke. They didnt poke? Free pressure or throw. They jumped? Anti-air. Quite interesting indeed