What's new

Khameleon Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
What do you mean? You can lab either 1st or 2nd player to be who ever you want already?
Character specific options means things like not having to charge Hourglasses with Geras every time you hit reset, not having to charge Shujinko's meter, starting in whatever variation you want with Tremor etc.

Its an incredible training mode staple that's been around for years at this point. I know DBFZ and SFV had it, but I'm pretty sure Guilty Gear has had it for even further back.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I think most of you exaggerats a bit and are glued to the mindset of "I CANNOT USE THIS PARTICULAR MOVE AT THIS PARTICULAR TIMING"

but if you think of any other kameo moves - they also have theire cooldowns, so in Khameleon's example - if you want to spam Jade's razor fang throw, you have the opportunities to use some other moves in between while waiting for the one that you want.

Yes, it can be more tricky for some combo routes, but then HELL, this game will finally be a bit more creative.

Currently what we see, even from pro play videos, that most of the characters are using same 2-3 strings/combo routes with the same start ups, same cameo moves in between and same enders (depending on if you want to corner someone or put opponent to the distance or cash out max). After couple weeks (months?) of watching R1PS arena and Kolosseum - I already know what the players will do in which situation. Khameleon can add some YOLO factor to that and you might be forced to more creative thinking rather than simply repeating same shit over and over.

Also for casual level playing - I think she might be really entertaining and tricky. I can't wait to try her and to watch her in a proplay. Hope my theory won't be proven wrong. In case I'm indeed wrong - don't crucify me, I'm just a casual who wants sometimes some more craziness from the game :)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Khameleon will be your hit konfirm , generic starter into kameo , colour confirm your kombo after that u just need to have 3 routes labbed for after the kameo , in neutral we will have to wait and see how it plays out , i can see her half damage glow being very good with haviks fuck you have an arm playstyle

Plop

Noob
Personally, I'm not gonna touch her. Faaaaaar too much brain energy for me, but I can see how she'll be manageable for bigger brained players who are willing to put the little bit of extra effort in (and there will be players willing to do that). The extra bit of effort will be massively rewarding. Someone like Shujinkydink would would be great with her i think.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Khameleon recharging as fast as she seemingly does might make her a decent choice for a multipurpose kameo. Can zone, anti air juggle, extend combos, negate projectiles. If mileena's ball roll is an overhead, then even better. I'm still on the fence about her, but the meter gain being so fast is definitely good incentive to lab her.

Anansi416

Tarkat Lead Cook
I am reserving judgment until I get to see her real world applications over the weeks and month in January. I think we will be able to play around the timer if it can be made consistent. It looks like it alternates every 7-9 seconds based on the Kombat Kast footage so if that is consistent it can be played around just going to be a bit tricky. IF I am understanding her options Jade variant looks the strongest. Anti-zoning and return boomerang for combos. Depending on how this works it's exciting :). I was feeling a bit unsure buy I am optimistic.

No matter what though I am going to devote a lot of energy to understanding her.

josephf5

Noob
The thing that might save Khameleon is if she has at least one move that ends up being so good that only having access to it a 3rd of the time is still pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.