What's new

Kenshi tournament play

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Anyone have any vids of kenshi in tournaments? I'm going to be using him and I just want to see other kenshis in action. I plan on taking the top spot teef! Haha!

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Lets see bout that ;) ....will be very competitive

PS: EDIT:
hmmm so it's you, Sabin and me huh? IT's A WAAAAAAAAR! lol
hit me up on PSN, lets do some kenshi mirror's man

also...be aware that this was like, early kenshi career..... >< .... kenshi tons better now :(

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I've played him exclusively at the local Florida tournaments down here.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Nice teef...but isn't sc safer than rk on block?
By all means YES!! :)
though RK shuts down air completely. i dont know which part of the vid ur refering this to, though, Ofcourse sc from distance is always safer.

My kenshi is WAY more offensive now, EVEN at defense he's offensive! this is kenshi....all i can tell u is, kenshi new techs are amazing (the ones i am using currently). and these stuff, are all thnx to SC!

a tip from me to u whether u discovered or not...CHERISH SC! lol

Ashenar

I enjoyed it placed in the top 7 at one of them I think his biggest tool to get in is the d4 db4 combo it almost feels like it grants frame advantage for jip to allow you to apply more presure. I had a noob saibot and a baraka player try to up knee and spin out of it and the jip after the poke/tks seam to totally give you that one up on them on block alone. I don't have alot of people I can play down here on a regular basis and my pdp stick for my 360 is on its way back to them to replace. So I am stuck now w/o any game play unless I go to a friends place but the parking is a nightmare lol.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
I enjoyed it placed in the top 7 at one of them I think his biggest tool to get in is the d4 db4 combo it almost feels like it grants frame advantage for jip to allow you to apply more presure. I had a noob saibot and a baraka player try to up knee and spin out of it and the jip after the poke/tks seam to totally give you that one up on them on block alone. I don't have alot of people I can play down here on a regular basis and my pdp stick for my 360 is on its way back to them to replace. So I am stuck now w/o any game play unless I go to a friends place but the parking is a nightmare lol.
nice man :) hehe. GL in your Fighting game career and hope u get better with kenshi

Though watch it, cause if opponent blocked the cr+4 then they can punish before kenshi excute's TKS. Same thing goes for f+3,2~tks (f+3~tks is a frame trap)

Ashenar

Yes that reptile dash alone pretty much disrupts all of kenshi's frame traps. I feel that like sim kenshi spacing is his ultimate weapon.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
debating on picking up Kenshi again, I feel like a lower skilled player too so I'm not sure if I could bring out his full potential.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
He's really not at all....he just needs a REALLY long learning curve compared to others. on high level play Kenshi is very rewarding. only chars that can dominate kenshi are like : Kung Lao, reptile, NW,Sektor, Kabal, jax and rain. any other char is either 5 -5 or kenshi favor.

so go pick him up!! spread the kenshi luv man :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Here is my tech with kenshi...

Sc, sc ,sc they jump...I back dash and sc, sc, overhead slash, tele, tele, tele, sc, rk, sc, sc, sc, f32 combo, sc, sc b2, sc, b2, f32 combo.

Anything I'm missing?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Hey watch the stream tonight guys at battle and brew Atlanta. MK tourney with all kenshi is a good possibility. NW might make an appearance though.

Warplay

Noob
Kenshi players just don't do well at tournaments. I am wondering if it's the character, or the very few people who use him just aren't as quick thinking. It seems most tournament Kenshi players have a hard time improvising; if someone shuts down the zoning it's like watching a chicken with his head cut off.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
L0rdoftheFLY, I remember seeing some videos of someone named Blackula that was playing a good Kenshi but I don't quite remember if it was in tournament setting. I'm pretty sure I saw TS Sabin playing Kenshi sometimes too.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Good kenshi vs Bad kenshi comes down to 3 things in my opinion.

Bad kenshi fishes for combos too much cause they want big damage.
Good kenshi controls the screen with SC and TK Slash until they find the perfect opening, and then they GET OUT.

Bad kenshi charges in with F3 2 because they want the low starter combo.
Good kenshi mans the overheads with TK Slash and B2, until they surprise them with F3 2.

Bad kenshi sits there taking close pressure and crossover punches.
Good kenshi will keep forward pressure away with EX SC, and will punish crossover punches with a reverse EX RK.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
Good kenshi vs Bad kenshi comes down to 3 things in my opinion.

Bad kenshi fishes for combos too much cause they want big damage.
Good kenshi controls the screen with SC and TK Slash until they find the perfect opening, and then they GET OUT.

Bad kenshi charges in with F3 2 because they want the low starter combo.
Good kenshi mans the overheads with TK Slash and B2, until they surprise them with F3 2.

Bad kenshi sits there taking close pressure and crossover punches.
Good kenshi will keep forward pressure away with EX SC, and will punish crossover punches with a reverse EX RK.
I agree with everything you have said. Us Kenshi players need to see this done at tournament level to give us an idea of how a great Kenshi player does it under intense rush down players. The very strong rush down characters give me hell. One mistake and by the time I get out of it, I have lost 80% of my health.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I agree with everything you have said. Us Kenshi players need to see this done at tournament level to give us an idea of how a great Kenshi player does it under intense rush down players. The very strong rush down characters give me hell. One mistake and by the time I get out of it, I have lost 80% of my health.
Well then I have something special for you. Check the kenshi page in one day.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
This video is of me playing Kenshi against Eazail's Kung Lao in a top 8 match from Test Your Rage this past Saturday in Fairfax, VA. Feel free to critique. Ignore the first part; the button check got capped. lol Start at 1:22

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
This video is of me playing Kenshi against Eazail's Kung Lao in a top 8 match from Test Your Rage this past Saturday in Fairfax, VA. Feel free to critique. Ignore the first part; the button check got capped. lol Start at 1:22

good stuff blackula. id like to see you using the B2 overhead. it´ll open up more f3 situations.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
good stuff blackula. id like to see you using the B2 overhead. it´ll open up more f3 situations.
Ahhh, I understand. They'll be afraid to duck therefore allowing me to throw out the f+3. And then when they worry about the low again, check them with another b+2.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Ahhh, I understand. They'll be afraid to duck therefore allowing me to throw out the f+3. And then when they worry about the low again, check them with another b+2.

Yeah dude. Try getting close and doing a couple down3 pokes and then a B2 stab. You`ll be safe and either it will hit and take 11% or it`ll start making them more paranoid about the overhead, and then save your F3 low starter for a surprise later. I try to not use the F3 starter more than once a match, instead going for that high damaging safe overhead stab. Then out of no where, BOOM, low starter and it WILL hit them. Try it out, it´ll change your close game for the better!