What's new

General/Other - Boneshaper Kenshi+Reptile need a new Friend. Shinnok it is.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I notice LK beats a lot of people.

I'm convinced he's one of the best in the game, but saying that will get me capped around here

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Bolded that last part I assume you forgot to add. The way some of you talk about video games is weird.
Hahaha, I didn't forgot it man, I would argue you forgot to bold it when quoting me:
"Sorry Pig but you have no chance in this game, no more braindead "zoning" for you. This time you need to fight close, face to face, like men".
To be honest I don't think I would have a chance in a real fight against him, he is a kickboxer that follows a p90x regime :D.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Lao, Tanya, Predator, Kang, as far as top tiers go. I think Sub is also a losing matchup. I think they're not awful. Just not in his favor.
He absolutely obliterates predator, tanya is even, lao is even, kang i cant speak on for sure.

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
Hey Guys

I really would like all Shinnok mains to list for me the most important 3-5 things to do with Broke........Bone Shaper. Im done counting on Just kenshi, I really like Reptile and he has covered 4-5 of Kenshi many bad MUs pretty well w success but see theres these other characters called the top tier that cannot be covered by these two characters and I need some S+ reinforcement because im tired of F ing around w low tier kenshi and Upper Mid Reptile (he's very good but i want MKX top 5 good)

I dont think Shinnok has any Bad MUs, I feel he is still broke and top 5.

If Kenshi EX RK was +12 on block id probably still use him too or maybe if Shinnok Fireball was -44 on crouch whiff people wouldnt have as much success w Shinnok, idk who knows. I do know one thing, I've had success w low tier kenshi but thirst dominance now leading up till evo 2016 and i think Shinnok is just the Broken Ronald McDonald I'm looking for.

So I'm accepting all advice - BNBs, Strats, etc.

Ill start using him at tourney around KIT, he'll be ready by then

Thx

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
Hey Guys

I really would like all Shinnok mains to list for me the most important 3-5 things to do with Broke........Bone Shaper. Im done counting on Just kenshi, I really like Reptile and he has covered 4-5 of Kenshi many bad MUs pretty well w success but see theres these other characters called the top tier that cannot be covered by these two characters and I need some S+ reinforcement because im tired of F ing around w low tier kenshi and Upper Mid Reptile (he's very good but i want MKX top 5 good)

I dont think Shinnok has any Bad MUs, I feel he is still broke and top 5.

If Kenshi EX RK was +12 on block id probably still use him too or maybe if Shinnok Fireball was -44 on crouch whiff people wouldnt have as much success w Shinnok, idk who knows. I do know one thing, I've had success w low tier kenshi but thirst dominance now leading up till evo 2016 and i think Shinnok is just the Broken Ronald McDonald I'm looking for.

So I'm accepting all advice - BNBs, Strats, etc.

Ill start using him at tourney around KIT, he'll be ready by then

Thx

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
My two main mid-screen BnBs off a low and overhead starter:

1 Meter Low Starter - F4, 1, D2~Hell Sparks (MB 3rd Hell Spark), Dash, Jump Up Punch, F221+3~(Special of Choice/Leave Neutral)
No Meter Overhead Starter - B3, Run~F221+3~(Special of Choice/Leave Neutral)

For the 1 meter low starter combo, it used to be NJP instead of Jump Up Punch, but ever since the F221+3 string damage adjustment, NJP would just increase the chance of dropping a combo that provides the same amount of damage.

If you cancel into Dark Beam at the end of F221+3, it is to go in for more pressure, bait an armored special, go for an overhead, or go in for a grab.
If you cancel into Hell Sparks at the end of F221+3, it is to set-up some zoning
If you cancel into Sceptor Slam at the end of F221+3, it is to place your opponent in the corner

If you choose to remain neutral at the end of F221+3, it is because you believe your opponent will not expect it, or your opponent does not have anything that can beat your F4, or your opponent is going to expect you to not expect them to expect you that you are going to remain in the neutral and they are going to poke once in the neutral and not be able to react when you block their poke and then strike back with F4, 1, D2...or you can go into a grab, or even go in for an overhead which will be easier to combo off of into F221+3 because of the short distance you landed the overhead.

Keep them in check with your unbreakable (DB+1).

4 is +2 on block and it pushes them the right distance in order for all 3 Hell Sparks to connect on block (like D4).

MB'd Hell Sparks on block:

1st Hell Spark MB'd - You are going to go in for pressure, a mix-up, or to bait an armored special

2nd Hell Spark MB'd - You are giving making yourself safe, providing yourself space from the opponent, and you are going to probably try to zone (HS/Dark Beam), use the unbreakable, do a run in jump in 2 (more range than Jump in 1), or you are feeling risky and you decide to go for Sceptor Slam (non-backdash-able I believe).

3rd Hell Spark MB'd - You don't want opponents such as Cassie, Kotal, or D'Vorah to run in on you, you know that your opponent does not know that they can backdash it, you know your opponent backdashes it but lately you haven't been meter burning it and you believe they are going to try to run in on you if you don't MB it, or you want to be extra safe and guarantee some zoning opportunities.

That's all I can think of for now; have fun

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
That was a mock at kenshi ex launcher vs shinnok and others

Most ex launchers are safe

Few are plus

Kenshi balanced
Teleflurry all hits come out on block (3 hits)

Kenshi possessed
Demons don't disappear when hit
F4 -3 on block
Teleport faster by 5 frames
All glitches fixed w db1 and bf3 whiffing

Kenjutsu kenshi
322 becomes mid mid OH
Df1 becomes -3 on block (8% overhead)
Ex df1 recaptures like every other f ing ex move in the game when hitting someone in the air (goro ex punch walk)
Bf3 whiff -36
B2 -3 on block HKD

Kenshi overall
44 becomes mid Oh
22 becomes +8 (think Takeda 21 restand)
honestly think he'd still suck with these buffs