What's new

General/Other - Boneshaper Kenshi+Reptile need a new Friend. Shinnok it is.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's possible for different people to have different opinions on top 5 based on diffrrent levels of information. How is that "flawed"? I didn't say "every 'expert' "downplaying" their character has accurate information on tier lists."

I keep hearing Tanya's top 5 from people who believe her delayed rekkas are +15, yet somehow I'm a "downplayer" while coincidentally one of the only people with accurate information, who is an "expert" on the character.
Flawed in the sense that just because someone is amazing with a character it does not mean that their opinion will be unbiased when stating who the best characters are. You yourself make my point. As a Tanya main, a potential Top 5 character, your response to this is "here is why she is not Top 5". This is literally what 90% of "experts" using Top Tier are doing.

The same defense you are making as to why Tanya is not Top 5 is the same defense that many Quan Chi, Shinnok, Liu Kang, etc main's have been doing on the basis of "I know the character better than you". So if everyone knows their character better than others, and none of the concensus Top 7-8 are Top 5, then who is?

I gotta agree with this. @SaltShaker I think you are making the mistake of assuming there is a concrete top 5 at this point. I think there is a concrete top 2 lol, but aside from the outliers the following top 10 is extremely closely balanced.

I don't think people are downplaying by having differing opinions here. I think you have to rcognise downplaying on its own merits and lack of substance - don't worry, they usually make it pretty easy for us lol
Not at all I agree. To me there's a Top 8 that becomes subjective and MU dependent when trying to classify the "Top 5". I understand that list will be different because there's no clear lining yet. What I don't agree with is everyone who main's Top Tier saying their character isn't Top 5 because they're overrated, but then go on to name characters just as good being "better" than theirs.

Like the example above, saying Tanya is not Top 5 because "I've mastered the character so I know better" is like Cowboy saying Shinnok is not Top 5. Like Honeybee saying D'Vorah is not Top 5. Like King saying Predator is not Top 5. Like Sonic saying Erron is not Top 5. Like Dink saying Quan Chi is not Top 5. Etc etc all because they know better. So if no one is Top 5 based on expert players telling us so, then who is? Sub-zero and Sonya?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Which Kitana for shinnok
I personally like mournful since i can jump back air galive to avoid beam and sparks and sometimes avoid low scoop. And shadow kick and glaives can compete with BS footsies. Jump back 2 and float is great for baiting run ins too. But if the shinnok was smart theyd go Imposter which i have as a harder MU for kitana. But royal storm does fine against BS too.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Flawed in the sense that just because someone is amazing with a character it does not mean that their opinion will be unbiased when stating who the best characters are. You yourself make my point. As a Tanya main, a potential Top 5 character, your response to this is "here is why she is not Top 5". This is literally what 90% of "experts" using Top Tier are doing.

The same defense you are making as to why Tanya is not Top 5 is the same defense that many Quan Chi, Shinnok, Liu Kang, etc main's have been doing on the basis of "I know the character better than you". So if everyone knows their character better than others, and none of the concensus Top 7-8 are Top 5, then who is?

Not at all I agree. To me there's a Top 8 that becomes subjective and MU dependent when trying to classify the "Top 5". I understand that list will be different because there's no clear lining yet. What I don't agree with is everyone who main's Top Tier saying their character isn't Top 5 because they're overrated, but then go on to name characters just as good being "better" than theirs.

Like the example above, saying Tanya is not Top 5 because "I've mastered the character so I know better" is like Cowboy saying Shinnok is not Top 5. Like Honeybee saying D'Vorah is not Top 5. Like King saying Predator is not Top 5. Like Sonic saying Erron is not Top 5. Like Dink saying Quan Chi is not Top 5. Etc etc all because they know better. So if no one is Top 5 based on expert players telling us so, then who is? Sub-zero and Sonya?
Oh then I misunderstood, and as usual I fully agree. I respect players like BurgerKing and DJT who will say their character is one of the best in the game. I have no respect for players like Dink, M2Dave, etc who claim all their losses are due to balance. It's funny because King now mains the same character as those two - look which one is getting results, the guy who claims Quan is the best, or the guys who have accomplished nothing since the games release and of course "it's because my character has no _____ options!". This is why they won't get better either, they cannot admit their own mistakes as a player to improve, it's just this constant crying to NRS, even with very capable characters.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

You're arguing points no ones brought up. All I said was character experts understand their mains, holding the correct information by nature of their expertise, while the calls of downplaying are possibly from the ignorant aka indecisive+15rekkas. I didn't say all downplayers are experts. And I definitely didn't say experts can't be downplayers. I can't make it any more clear.

You're adding things like "well, what if everyone's a liar with agendas" and I don't know what to say to that.

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I motion to remove the word 'bad' and all its synonyms from the English language and replace it with the world 'Kenshi'.

Such phrases would now would look like this: That new Beiber song is so fucking Kenshi or Did you catch the game last night? The Steelers got absolutely Kenshi'd. Their defence was so bottom 2.

This is in accordance with the world view from a Kenshi player, to whom it is entirely impossible to mention something without reference to how bad their character is.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Seriously though, of all the things you could blow Pig up for, I don't think switching mains should be one of them.

People, top players and non switch mains all the time. The point of the thread is for him to get help from Shinnok mains.

You'd have to be a fucking idiot to blow him up for that.

Good thing there are no fucking idiots in this thread.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Seriously though, of all the things you could blow Pig up for, I don't think switching mains should be one of them.

People, top players and non switch mains all the time. The point of the thread is for him to get help from Shinnok mains.

Who blew him up for switching mains? I missed it and cba to go back through the whole thread

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........

He is not switching mains,he just waits to see what character is the best after a few months to pick!did you ever imagine him playing scorpion,or Erron black?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
My character sucks and Paulo refuses to acknowledge it so it's whatever. Moving on to top tier. Shinnok fits me better, I dont like quan's defensive options and shinnok is more my style out of the two

@Hidan
Even yomi and sonic fox back up now about how shit kenshi is yet Paulo trolls and feels he's fine and my problem is I dont AA Shoulder

Yep.....thats it. AA Shoulder, answer to all
smh

I do appreciate sonic fox backing me up hardcore vs paulo in a nrs chat other day, major props to him, unprovoked. He feels strong about kenshi issues too

Maybe sonic should aa shoulder too
Please tell me this is not true. Or tell me there's at least one more person in charge of the balance of this game...

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I suppose all I really know about Boneshaper is that the EX scoop is a godsend. Other than that his footsie game is basic but really good. If you ever start learning the other two variations I'll throw tips at ya but I don't know much about Boneshaper