What's new

Kenshi general discussion.

masher's the goat lab monster but let the record show he got the idea for the goro sandwich route from me. Everything else is masher because like I said, he's the goat.
In your opinion is Goro better than Sub Kameo?
What kind of things can Goro do for him regarding Sento besides the sandwich setup. I'm just jumping into Kenshi so haven't explored much other than Sub Zero Kameo.
I was also thinking is Cyrax even worth it anymore. I know Sento stays for 15 sec and you could spend a bar to reset timer and theoretically have Sento out the entire 24 seconds of cool down.
They could knock Sento out or Escape but if someone's good with Kenshi they should be able to have enough pressure to keep Sento out?
Not sure after Nerf

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
In your opinion is Goro better than Sub Kameo?
What kind of things can Goro do for him regarding Sento besides the sandwich setup. I'm just jumping into Kenshi so haven't explored much other than Sub Zero Kameo.
I was also thinking is Cyrax even worth it anymore. I know Sento stays for 15 sec and you could spend a bar to reset timer and theoretically have Sento out the entire 24 seconds of cool down.
They could knock Sento out or Escape but if someone's good with Kenshi they should be able to have enough pressure to keep Sento out?
Not sure after Nerf
no idea if goro is better then sub, really just started exploring it but the problem with sub is that he really doesn't help your offense so your stuck just doing strike throw and whiff punishing to open people up. the reason you would pick goro is for the plus frames which are really nice. cyrax is still really good for kenshi, the nerf doesn't hurt kenshi as much as other characters because the cooldown doesn't matter if you just go into sento stance anyway. plus being able to combo into sento sandwich off an ex forward throw is huge for the character. the big thing your losing post nerf is that it's not really worth it to do stuff like back throw combos in balanced or d1 rising karma cyrax stuff because it's so expensive.

no idea if goro is better then sub, really just started exploring it but the problem with sub is that he really doesn't help your offense so your stuck just doing strike throw and whiff punishing to open people up. the reason you would pick goro is for the plus frames which are really nice. cyrax is still really good for kenshi, the nerf doesn't hurt kenshi as much as other characters because the cooldown doesn't matter if you just go into sento stance anyway. plus being able to combo into sento sandwich off an ex forward throw is huge for the character. the big thing your losing post nerf is that it's not really worth it to do stuff like back throw combos in balanced or d1 rising karma cyrax stuff because it's so expensive.
Then I'll test out Cyrax for sure. I'd rather be Rushdown with Kenshi

restanding him isn't really the issue here, that's been known about for awhile. the discovery here is that sento keeps some invincibility frames after he get's restanded that he can attack during
I noticed that, on his Sento call Kenshi can attack almost immediately but has longer than 100 frames before he can Hold BLK

How are you going to create that situation in the first place though? Only thing I could see is potentially jump cancelling MB bf3 to get lao hat then b2 db1 but not sure if that's even possible.
Conditioning them, they try to jump Lao Hat enough times and they will respect it. He still has the jump in HTB that every character gets

Immortal

Blind justice....
There are many ways out of this "setup" depending on character, thou it's better than nothing but still Cyrax feels like the way to go. Being able consistently get Sento out on block is just way superior to almost anything.

There are many ways out of this "setup" depending on character, thou it's better than nothing but still Cyrax feels like the way to go. Being able consistently get Sento out on block is just way superior to almost anything.
I'm just desperately trying to use Lao cuz it's free Dash in and HTBs into Sento Setup. I figured everyone knew if you get a hit from a HTB and juggle into BF3 you get Sento but wanted a simpler way.
I know it's not gonna be Cyrax. I did find a way to get him out with Sektor up missle blockstrings. They hit you out of Sento call and Missle hits for follow up combo which guarantees Sento on hit.
If you seen LOTUS's Raiden/Sektor OS Tech it's based off that.
I'm sure you know more, I just started using Kenshi, still learning all the situational conversions.

What's your best consistent Kombo when in sandwich position?
I've been doing this to get in sandwich:
Sento1, 42, Sento3, Dash F2, HoldR1, 4, Sento3, F4, Sento3, 4xxDB4 it's around 54% but incredibly hard to time

Immortal

Blind justice....
Don't get me wrong, it's better than nothing. I just think Lao kameo while amazing for many characters is just mediocre at best for Kenshi. Also something to keep in mind - while Cyrax was nerfed and likely won't get touched again, Lao kameo most likely gonna get nerfed coz it's pretty crazy with many characters. All the more reasons to stick with Cyrax for now imo. From the trailer Tremor looks like he could be great for many characters including Kenshi, time will tell.

As for sandwich combo you can go up to 56% but that's not practical unles you're SonicFox. If you can land that 54% all the time stick with it, it's good. If not you can just remove Sento3 from the last part and get much more consisent 50%.

Can someone explain what’s going on with f2,2,b2 and f2,2,d2? The one ending in b2 is super weird because sometimes ends up right in front of the opponent and it varies on being -8 or -6 on block depending on when you delay the last hit or not. It ends in an overhead same as the d2 so I’m not understanding if I should primarily be using one string or gain an advantage from switching these up.

Baconlord

Can someone explain what’s going on with f2,2,b2 and f2,2,d2? The one ending in b2 is super weird because sometimes ends up right in front of the opponent and it varies on being -8 or -6 on block depending on when you delay the last hit or not. It ends in an overhead same as the d2 so I’m not understanding if I should primarily be using one string or gain an advantage from switching these up.
It's just distance dependent.

I don't know if this is the right thread, but I'm looking for an explanation of when it's possible to armor out when Kenshi is in Sento Stance. I know much of his Sento pressure has no armorable gaps. Are there specific strings that Kenshi does OR any of the 4 ghost buttons that, when you see them, you know you can armor out? Or is it not that simple? I've looked on YouTube and can't find anything and wondering if anyone knows of a video that explains this or can explain it in words.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
I don't know if this is the right thread, but I'm looking for an explanation of when it's possible to armor out when Kenshi is in Sento Stance. I know much of his Sento pressure has no armorable gaps. Are there specific strings that Kenshi does OR any of the 4 ghost buttons that, when you see them, you know you can armor out? Or is it not that simple? I've looked on YouTube and can't find anything and wondering if anyone knows of a video that explains this or can explain it in words.
Not exactly sure but you could record it in practice mode and test it out

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Sento is towards the end of this video:

The Kenshi player can plug the gaps with Kenshi but it won’t really net him anything so the opportunity will usually be there. It can be harder in laggy connections too.

Also, try and learn how to flawless block sento to lower chip damage instead of just eating it like most people do.

Last edited:

Baconlord

General rule of thumb is if he goes for the 50/50 he has to leave a gap. If he doesn't leave enough room for a gap then he can't combo of the overhead.

Anybody have any advice on how to actually play the game against this character? Kenshi feels like he's playing a completely different game and I don't have a clue how to play against it.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Anybody have any advice on how to actually play the game against this character? Kenshi feels like he's playing a completely different game and I don't have a clue how to play against it.
You simply never let him pull sento out. Otherwise, you must try to exploit the gaps in the ancestor spirit pressure - something the kenshi player might anticipate and punish you for it. Its a mindgame within a mindgame.

Baconlord

After blocking sento 2 fuzzy guard so that you block the low first and then stand up. Kenshi has to delay the overhead in order for sento to recover fast enough to combo off it so it's a pretty easy fuzzy guard. If you get the timing down he will never be able to open you up and make his stuff jail. Once you do that he will have to add delays into his pressure to do the 50/50 and that will leave gaps for you to armor, jump out, or throw him. In neutral, lab your characters punishes after up blocking the demon drop and practice the timing on flawless blocking f22f2. You can also go scorpion kameo and use the spear reversal to get out of sento pressure if you want a counterpick.