What's new

Kenshi general discussion.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I didn't see it either, good find. A large chunk of the frame data in the menu doesn't match the info you can have displayed on the bottom left in practice mode either

Immortal

Blind justice....
Cyrax is easily the best kameo for Kenshi, its like a fact, not even an opinion and nobody sane is gonna move on from him unles they nerf Cyrax to the ground which is likely.

Cyrax does everything in neutral for Kenshi and by that i mean he allows him to deploy Sento whenever he likes - not only on hit like most other kameos. On top of that he provides total safety. You could run SZ/Frost in some MUs, maybe but in like 95% of them Cyrax is just the better/best.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Cyrax is easily the best kameo for Kenshi, its like a fact, not even an opinion and nobody sane is gonna move on from him unles they nerf Cyrax to the ground which is likely.

Cyrax does everything in neutral for Kenshi and by that i mean he allows him to deploy Sento whenever he likes - not only on hit like most other kameos. On top of that he provides total safety. You could run SZ/Frost in some MUs, maybe but in like 95% of them Cyrax is just the better/best.
I don’t find deploying sento to be that hard. All it takes is one hit.

And there are other kameos that can help get sento out. I don’t think Cyrax covers Kenshi’s weaknesses. And I don’t think he amplifies his strengths either. But do what works best for you.

Immortal

Blind justice....
One hit. In a tournament, offline, one hit in a game where you can die in 2 hits is a big deal. Pretty much all top Kenshi players switched for that reason alone to Cyrax - they can deploy Sento whenever they like and then it's party time.

But i agree, everybody should do what works best for them.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I think particularly agains the current meta teams, Cyrax is definitely the best choice outside of niche situations for many reasons, one not-so-slept-on reason is the meter economy. So many great teams right now build meter really quick, you need to be able to keep up with your own meter build, and deploying Sento before they have breaker / minimal meter is basically a round win.

Cyrax meterbuild + Cyrax throw combos in (free) Sento stance among everything else... sheesh.

What's so cool about this game is that any sort of meta shakeup will have everyone re-evaluating kameos/teams etc., can't wait to see how things develop.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion

And there are other kameos that can help get sento out. I don’t think Cyrax covers Kenshi’s weaknesses. And I don’t think he amplifies his strengths either. But do what works best for you.
People are starting to just take the throw against Kenshi, the opportunities to get the hit are not there as often. Cyrax allows you to get sento out on block. You also can still combo into sento's sandwich from balanced stance using cyrax. Cyrax also makes it harder for people to just take the throw because you can combo off both your back throw and forward throw in balanced. If your in sento without the spirit cyrax let's you still combo off your overhead, combo off your throws, and combo I to resummon into sandwich. Cyrax is by far his best kameo and imo it's a top 3 team in the game

Cyrax makes Kenshi play more like Zato from GG Strive. Meaning the Spirit (and Sento stance) become a more present part of a match than with other Kameos. It's easier to get a combo with the Spirit out from a Cyrax setup than it is to fish for F22 and B2 the entire match hoping for the best against players that clearly know how his normal stance moves work + breaker.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Cyrax makes Kenshi play more like Zato from GG Strive. Meaning the Spirit (and Sento stance) become a more present part of a match than with other Kameos. It's easier to get a combo with the Spirit out from a Cyrax setup than it is to fish for F22 and B2 the entire match hoping for the best against players that clearly know how his normal stance moves work + breaker.
That's probably the saddest part of the Kenshi life. Finally land that hit to start your 50% combo, only to get breaker'd and have Sento in cooldown lol.

That's probably the saddest part of the Kenshi life. Finally land that hit to start your 50% combo, only to get breaker'd and have Sento in cooldown lol.
It's one of the saddest for sure. The worst IMO is when both players are at 20-30% health and you (as Kenshi) is in Sento stance with no Spirit and they start to back away to zone you to death. One of the worst situations to be in the game lmao.

wsj515

With freeze kameos I've started to "bait" the breaker by just continuing a combo with balanced stance, they'll inevitably break but sad to have get another hit for sento

wsj515

Also - I just had the Reptile ball / Sub ice clone bug happen to me w/ sento in a set multiple times. The moment I would call sento, it would immediately get "hit" by green FX and go dormant. I'm going to try and replicate it in practice mode since I didn't get a clip.

wsj515

Anyone been using the 21 sento 1 42 sento 1 b12 sento 2 pressure sequence? Making it gapless isn't too tough but I'm having some trouble making the b12 actually safe w/ sento 2 - any suggestions?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Cyrax nerfs didn't really effect Kenshi too much at all. Using Cyrax chopper to get Sento out on block is still pretty much just as good as ever considering that Kenshi's Kameo bar goes away after summoning anyways.

I haven't gotten to try the new patch out at all yet, but if Kenshi himself went untouched than he is 100% the strongest character in the game now. Enjoy it while it lasts guys :(

wsj515

So far I haven't found anything changed yet, but haven't dived too deep. I had been learning Kano for the inevitable Cyrax nerf but I guess this doesn't change anything so time to hard commit Cyrax for a while lol.

Kano is pretty fun though, definitely wouldn't mind having to main him.

wsj515

Ok first change noticed - forward throw is always the shove while sento is active, no more cyrax mb throw combos while sento is out.

Baconlord

Ok first change noticed - forward throw is always the shove while sento is active, no more cyrax mb throw combos while sento is out.
this is low key a buff tbh. in the corner you can combo the shove into sento 1 and get enough hit advantage to jail a 50/50

Baconlord

kenshi/cyrax is still fine but it's just more boring now. you can still get sento out on block and confirm into sandwich but he lost of really cool utility. stuff like comboing off the balanced stance back throw with horizontal chopper just is not worth going for anymore. it's annoying and I wish nrs was more creative about the cyrax nerfs but it's whatever