What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
A punish is a GUARANTEED move that you have to block after you've performed a negative move. If I do a high then you can poke under it. If i do a mid with good frames you HAVE to block or
You said people can poke under highs. If the high is being used in a proper punish situation, then they can't. Because it's a punish, by definition. What they did was unsafe. This is common knowledge. You're just confusing me/people now.

111 is Kenshi's fastest full-combo punisher (IIRC) at 9 frames, but it's range-dependent.
bruh I said okay lol. Chill

Landonio

n00b
A punish is a GUARANTEED move that you have to block after you've performed a negative move. If I do a high then you can poke under it. If i do a mid with good frames you HAVE to block or

bruh I said okay lol. Chill
Um, except it's not. And you can't "poke under the high" if the high is being used as a punish. And no one's saying to use 111 in situations where you can get low-poked out. I.E., not a "punish" situation (although 1 is great for people who like to block a lot because it's +2 on block and +4 on crouch block). I don't see how that's difficult to understand.

I'll "chill" when you stop spreading misinformation.

Aqueous_Echo

Warrior
@TheGangstaFace a punish is using ANY move while the opponent is still in recovery from their move/string being blocked. Kenshi can use 111, f21, b1, b32, 2112+4, or throw. Doesnt matter, if the opponent isnt recovered by the time x move is started, its a punish.

To counter the "using a high for a punish is not pro level" ill just say Raiden f1, 6 frame HIGH. Full combo punish on anything -6 or less and corner carry.

Im an OG Mileena w/Raiden/Kenshi

The Kenshi threads dont need people who are misinformed, spreading the wrong Info on a character that slightly suffers. Yes i said slightly. I play balanced and kenjutsu. I like balanced more tbh. People hate on it but staggers lead to rewards. He has probably more losing MU than winning MU but balanced isnt worthless.

My one thing to spread to other Kenshi players: dont focus on his specials as much as his good hit confirm ability, and his safe strings. Use his specials to control the space between, not spam his full screen specials incessently. The opponent Will get in if youre just throwing bf3/dbf4 without thinking

gibster13

A fan of fans
Playing agaisnt an acidic alien made me think, "why the fuck does he have all those tools and I have nothing?"

-balanced is seriously bad so let's just hope he becomes playable in the patch after evo

Tweedy

Warrior
What are you guys getting off the airs to airs, with the new 13 frame B1? Even with that I still can't get anything besides bf3 off of a max range jump back jump 1.

I've been doing...

Jump in 1, quick run b1 xx db1, quick run b1 xx bf2. A lot better than just a jump in into bf3 lol. Isn't that what he used to get?

Depending on where you land the jump in punch, due to the range, you may or may not have to do the quick run.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
What are you guys getting off the airs to airs, with the new 13 frame B1? Even with that I still can't get anything besides bf3 off of a max range jump back jump 1.

I've been doing...

Jump in 1, quick run b1 xx db1, quick run b1 xx bf2. A lot better than just a jump in into bf3 lol. Isn't that what he used to get?

Depending on where you land the jump in punch, due to the range, you may or may not have to do the quick run.
i stick to jp1 b1~rk, tf. works everytime even at big range.

This one you posted "Jump in 1, quick run b1 xx db1, quick run b1 xx bf2" is nice, but relies on stamina, i tend to avoid that as much as possible. I want my run in game intact after.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Imagine how strong Kenjutsu would be if they made his launcher safe?
Safe armored launcher is something that doesn't feel quite right to me (oh hi Crystalline Tremor) and is something I don't think we need more of. Even without that I'd say Kenjutsu is solid as of now.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
EX DF1 is safe at max range anyways. The b1 link will be very difficult however, it's still a good chunk of damage for a safe launcher.

DDutchguy

EX DF1 is safe at max range anyways. The b1 link will be very difficult however, it's still a good chunk of damage for a safe launcher.
The third hit of EX df1 goes pretty far forward, so I'm not sure if it can be made completely safe. Also know that the third hit only comes out if the second hit connects (be it on hit or on block).

DDutchguy

The regular lol. Just so he can use it as a launcher off b3 and f2.
Db1? Eh, it would only give him safe 50/50s that we all know and love. I'd rather not have more. Kenjutsu doesn't seem too 50/50 heavy either way.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
This character is a ton of fun and all 3 variations are very satisfying. Honestly I think if he had a good backdash (or atleast not abysmal) he would be sooo much better.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
What's the special string that variationless Kenshi gets? I've heard Sonicfox talking about it but I don't see anything new on his movelist.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
F2 is a 16f mid anyways, it's not terrible but you have to remember Cassie has a hit confirmable string too, off an 11f mid that reaches all the way from here Earth to Andromeda.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Kenjutsu and variationless just seem like a poor man's "insert good neutral character with 50/50s here".
Yeah I don't like Kenjutsu, he isn't even really kenshi imo. Possessed isn't really either but he has that kenshi style mixed in with what MKX is all about. From time to time I call Possessed the: "MKX Kenshi".