What's new

Kenshi Frame Data

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
He isn't safe.

You get pressure off everything, and pressure reversal on his best strings as a Sub player. If he finishes the 112 string because he didn't hit confirm it, he's dead.

That's why I've said all along that you just bait stuff out of kenshi, his pressure his worthless so you don't fear the pressure reversal, just block low. and then mash 22 after every f32, etc.

You're not safe in this game unless you're neutral or positive after strings. Even spirit charge is -10 which means you don't need to fear the spirit charge up close.
Who uses 112? And good Kenshi's aren't going to mess up their hit confirms because there's no reason too. You're not going to hit him after F3 2 if the low doesnt hit because he has an eternity to confirm that it didnt hit and just go into Spirit Charge and now he's safe.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Who uses 112? And good Kenshi's aren't going to mess up their hit confirms because there's no reason too. You're not going to hit him after F3 2 if the low doesnt hit because he has an eternity to confirm that it didnt hit and just go into Spirit Charge and now he's safe.

I'm actually looking into 112 use

I may have something

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I'm actually looking into 112 use

I may have something
I'm curious to see if you find something. I mean, it knocks them down, it all hits high. You cant continue pressure after it.. It doesnt juggle or launch in the corner... Messing around with it, you can cancel into specials so you can do SC, and they're pretty close so you can come in and D3 SC maybe or go for a throw... i dont know.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
The only thing I see 112 being good for is a hard knock down in the corner. I just haven't figured out a poke to cause a quick rise yet after it. Maybe Mayo or Pig can figure something out.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Question: If you have someone locked down in the corner and say you get a large combo like f22b1 , 2 , 21b2 , 3 rk , 114 sc, or really any thing that creates a knockdown...from your guys' Kenshi experience, how effective is immediately trying to use something like the ex spirit charge to keep them in the corner and potentially re-combo them with 3 rk, 114 sc on the way down?

Basically, what are your opinions on the best options after a knockdown in the corner?

Also, after a successful flurry, is a slash guaranteed to either hit or force the opponent to block? I've just been messing with Kenshi for a little less than 3 days now and the recovery on his specials are incredible.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Question: If you have someone locked down in the corner and say you get a large combo like f22b1 , 2 , 21b2 , 3 rk , 114 sc, or really any thing that creates a knockdown...from your guys' Kenshi experience, how effective is immediately trying to use something like the ex spirit charge to keep them in the corner and potentially re-combo them with 3 rk, 114 sc on the way down?

Basically, what are your opinions on the best options after a knockdown in the corner?

Also, after a successful flurry, is a slash guaranteed to either hit or force the opponent to block? I've just been messing with Kenshi for a little less than 3 days now and the recovery on his specials are incredible.
Ex SC is a great option because it stuffs wake ups, and if it hits I do d1 RK just because its a little more reliable, a lot of people try to stay laying down eventually then use tks.
Do you have a Mic for Psn? We can play some games and ill just show you some things, and explain them over the mic. As for the teleflurries into tks its what I do most of the time.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Ex SC is a great option because it stuffs wake ups, and if it hits I do d1 RK just because its a little more reliable, a lot of people try to stay laying down eventually then use tks.
Do you have a Mic for Psn? We can play some games and ill just show you some things, and explain them over the mic. As for the teleflurries into tks its what I do most of the time.

ya, I have a mic. that would be awesome dude, i would be totally down. and ya, the tf to tks seems like the "why not" option.

Do you think it is a better option to mid-screen combo ending with less damage and SC or more damage with a ender like f22b2? I was thinking it might make sense to sacrifice the 3% or so in damage for the extra meter and space. ie, instead of doing something like f22b1 > f32 rk > f22b2 , do like the same thing with a f22 sc at the end then make it tough for your opponent to get back in.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
ya, I have a mic. that would be awesome dude, i would be totally down. and ya, the tf to tks seems like the "why not" option.

Do you think it is a better option to mid-screen combo ending with less damage and SC or more damage with a ender like f22b2? I was thinking it might make sense to sacrifice the 3% or so in damage for the extra meter and space. ie, instead of doing something like f22b1 > f32 rk > f22b2 , do like the same thing with a f22 sc at the end then make it tough for your opponent to get back in.
It's mu dependent really if you want to get them out SC if not f22b2.

Tolkeen

/wrists

F22b1>f32 rk>f32 sc. Gives you max damage and the pushback you asked for.
F22b1>f32 rk> 3 tf. Will give you the most meter but it's 1% less damage.

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

In most cases, you want to end your mid screen combos with F2 2 B2 because it gives you a lot of time to reposition yourself. It's virtually the same damage as ending with F3 2 SC. Ending with with SC sets you up for full screen zoning. But Kenshi is getting more and more play up close, as people are getting better with dealing with zoning. Some character that you can really zone like Cage or Sonya, you can end with F3 2 SC. But generally, you want the positioning time.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

This is a really good standard corner pressure tactic with Kenshi. It will hit them and you can combo, or it'll be blocked and then you're in a frame trap and you can try what you want. You can do a regular SC if they try to escape, or you can mix it up with F3, or B2, or a F2 2 string. Or maybe fish for a neutral punch. But careful, even though it does stuff wakeups, a perfectly timed wakeup can eat right through both hits of the EX SC. Like KL wakeup EX Spin sometimes.

Sometimes when I'm fighting in the corner and I'm not gonna blow an EX SC, I'll end my combos with 2 1 B2 for a hard knock down and then I can back up to jump distance and try some mid-distance control.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
F22b1>f32 rk>f32 sc. Gives you max damage and the pushback you asked for.
F22b1>f32 rk> 3 tf. Will give you the most meter but it's 1% less damage.

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.
All this talk about F2 2 B1... I do want to stress again that this string is not a primary offense string. There are two uses for it. Full punishment. And if you can confirm that you'll land a JP. If you come in with F2 2 B1 fishing for a combo, and it's blocked, your offense is over. If you're trying to close distance, use F2 2 B2 because it's 0 on block. Or F2 2 EX SC for continued pressure through a frame trap.

Other than that, your offense is based off the 2 1 string.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Kenshi's spirit charge is -13 if tech rolled when it hits. This means you have 20 frames (-13 on hit + another spirit charge) to do a wake-up attack to get close to him again. This gives Reptile, for example, a free dash to close in and he's still at +4, which may give him a safe jip. Pig Of The Hut can you test this on your next level up stream?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Ok. Here's how I counted: kenshi charges, opponent gets hit an tech rolls, kenshi at -13, kenshi does another charge right after which is 8, thus he is at -13 + (-7 of start-up) = -20. Reptile wakes up with dash after tech roll, is at -16 (13 from kenshi's recovery + 3 from the 7f start-up on charge) for the whole duration of the dash and remains at +4 before the charge will hit. Am I correct?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Holy crap, this is even better upclose. Guys, you WANT to get hit by Kenshi's shoulder if you are in his face lol