What's new

Question - Kenjutsu Kenshi buff?

Hey guys i know kenshi is one of the worst right now but during the beta is he getting changes that he can be viable? And which varaition is best i want to try it out for fun

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Hey guys i know kenshi is one of the worst right now but during the beta is he getting changes that he can be viable? And which varaition is best i want to try it out for fun
Kenshi got buffs, however they all benefit kenjutsu the most, and balanced is still garbage but not as bad as he used to be. So yeah use kenjutsu

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Kenjutsu and Possessed are both more viable now (if the buffs stay). Balanced is my favourite, but he is still very limited.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
He's pretty decent now(possessed and kenjutsu).

If you're having trouble then practice with his normals more, they're better than his specials and are surprisingly good.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I'm not a kenshI player but the improvements to kenjutsu are very noticeable. I had a long set against a kenjutsu player in the beta the other night, and the character just seems very solid now

ismael4790

I'm not a kenshI player but the improvements to kenjutsu are very noticeable. I had a long set against a kenjutsu player in the beta the other night, and the character just seems very solid now
The thing is he can now do what he was supposed to do XD His bnb's don't whiff anymore, now they are reliable.
As Ashenar said, he got fixes, more than game changing buffs. But it's ok.

ismael4790

So what kind of damage does balanced do now? B32xxDB1 sprint F32xxBF3 what would that do do you know? It currently does 30
I think it's 1% more here and there. A corner combo that did 39% I think now it does 40%.

The big damage change comes from 22 mb though. With one bar midscreen you almost reach 40%. But it's not an option to abuse, we all know how much Kenshi relies on armor.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I think it's 1% more here and there. A corner combo that did 39% I think now it does 40%.

The big damage change comes from 22 mb though. With one bar midscreen you almost reach 40%. But it's not an option to abuse, we all know how much Kenshi relies on armor.
Yeah I would probably never meter burn 22

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
How are you guys using 22 mb>

I havent messed w it yet too much

Seems like it could be very viable w possessed
Yeah man its great for possessed when you wanna sideswitch during combos or keep them standing and continue with (stagger) pressure. I prefer using 322 for max meter gain. It leads to insane kenjutsu damage and balanced nearly hits 46% midscreen off a MB'd rising Karma. In the corner you can get 50%

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yeah man its great for possessed when you wanna sideswitch during combos or keep them standing and continue with (stagger) pressure. I prefer using 322 for max meter gain. It leads to insane kenjutsu damage and balanced nearly hits 46% midscreen off a MB'd rising Karma. In the corner you can get 50%
What are some bnbs for each w 22mb