What's new

Keeping a mental note of the Meter in fighting games.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Usually, the meter in fighting games makes a noticeable animation, so I tend to keep mental notes of meter with that. I also pay attention during combos or when I know I'm going to be blocking something.

Hey guys,

So before MKX, to improve myself as a player I want to start developing some better awareness during matches. This ranges from myself/opponent habbits after common scenarios, to where my eyes are focused during various situations, to more specific aspects like how much meter each player has.

My question to you TYMers is: For those of you who feel you keep decent track of the meter game during matches, when are looking at your opponents meter?

During a combo?
After a knockdown?
Are you able to just mentally keep track of where their meter will be based on what moves they've done so far?

I don't have a set plan for meter awareness and I just kind of check randomly. A lot of times I find I planned an attack that didn't take into account how much meter my opponent has, and it can potentially get me blown up.

So I'd like to hear your mental habbits for keeping an eye on meter.
my answer: i try to win without blocking.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
On MK i could do this while perfoming combos, i never kept track of meter on SF regularly as i did in MK9 tho.