What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
So I'm sitting here, doing B13xxEX knife block string stuff(Basically starterxxEX knife, then 3 reps of B13xxEXknife B132+4). And I realized that while the opponent can backdash after EX knife, Whether or not B1, the 3, or none of it hits seems entirely up to random. I've had times where the character is set to backdash, and the B13 both hit, where the B1 whiff, but the 3 hit, and where the B1 whiffs, and the 3 is blocked. It's not a huge deal, but it seems a bit funky.

Though this may just be me and my (lack of) abilities.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So I'm sitting here, doing B13xxEX knife block string stuff(Basically starterxxEX knife, then 3 reps of B13xxEXknife B132+4). And I realized that while the opponent can backdash after EX knife, Whether or not B1, the 3, or none of it hits seems entirely up to random. I've had times where the character is set to backdash, and the B13 both hit, where the B1 whiff, but the 3 hit, and where the B1 whiffs, and the 3 is blocked. It's not a huge deal, but it seems a bit funky.

Though this may just be me and my (lack of) abilities.
Wait do you build enough bar to do four reps of [move]~DF2EX on block?

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Wait do you build enough bar to do four reps of [move]~DF2EX on block?
More or less yeah. I'm 99% certain the initial string can be a single hit string as well
I can confirm that starting with 2 and F4 had the same results. So most, if not all starters can go into this "grinder"

Last edited:

Youphemism

More or less yeah. I'm 99% certain the initial string can be a single hit string as well
I can confirm that starting with 2 and F4 had the same results. So most, if not all starters can go into this "grinder"
Huh. Well it's not the greatest idea to be spending so much meter anyway since he needs it for combos and breakers and EX Kano Ball cancels for armouring but that's a thing I guess lol

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Huh. Well it's not the greatest idea to be spending so much meter anyway since he needs it for combos and breakers and EX Kano Ball cancels for armouring but that's a thing I guess lol
It's situational for sure. I could see it becoming a central part of his game should they add a pop up string though.

-

I really don't know what to do when the opponent is in that Jump in range. Too dangerous to throw knives, but not really close enough to put pressure on them.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Fake them if they aren't doing anything and being patient. Crouch,stand step back crouch. See if movement gets them to react preemptively. D4s for days. Make them play your game if they're being patient and most of all THROW THOSE MUFUCKERS. The more I'm playing and trying to use more throws the more I really agree that cyber doesn't NEED an OH.I think a lot of people underuse grabs and that's probably our best MU in cyber since they can just block low. Getting people to be mashing throw break on wake-up or during staggered pressure is just as powerful as conditioning peoplle to block in commando imo.

Youphemism

I really don't know what to do when the opponent is in that Jump in range. Too dangerous to throw knives, but not really close enough to put pressure on them.
Hell you can actually occasionally still throw knives, but most of the time you can either F4, bait them into jumping so you can B1 them, D3/D4 or standing 2.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
These are both ideas. I hope to implement them as painlessly as possible before Summer Jam(See: I'll get the hang of it around Evo 2016). Also, I figured that just doing B13xxEXknife B132+4 is generally the best way to go around it. You still put pressure on them, and even though 2+4 is -8. the pushback makes it (at least feel) safe against most 8f punishes. Plus, if I worry about punishes, I can just stop before the 2+4, or mix in throws

Last edited:

FlappyDaniel

You wanna be careful with abusing F4, even though it is still one of my favorite abusable tools on kano. I've been finally running sets online with an old buddy of mine and he's easily able to read and whiff punish my F4s with jacqui and tanya. Plus people respect it too much and in most cases if they press buttons itll beat us trying to press buttons if they block the knee. But it's still so good to get in. I see a lot of people hit confirm it into choke but I prefer ball.

Youphemism

You wanna be careful with abusing F4, even though it is still one of my favorite abusable tools on kano. I've been finally running sets online with an old buddy of mine and he's easily able to read and whiff punish my F4s with jacqui and tanya. Plus people respect it too much and in most cases if they press buttons itll beat us trying to press buttons if they block the knee. But it's still so good to get in. I see a lot of people hit confirm it into choke but I prefer ball.
When I first started off with him I kept forgetting about F4 and never used it but I use it a bit more now. At the kind of range you'd tend to use it from though F4~DB1 in Cybernetic whiffs (which is a pain in the ass) so I just tend to sit around F4 range, throw the occasional knife and whiff punish or anti-air anything they try to hit me with.

Not sure if I have seen these on here. Came up with them on my own in the lab, but always possible someone else did it before:

Also posted in combo thread...

Cybernetic

One Meter Corner

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, 32xxbf3 (41%)

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, 112xxbf3 (42%)

I found the second one easier. Both depend on getting the 32 out quickly after the b312 juggle. If not, the b13 will miss or the kanoball at the end whiffs. The second one is my bnb and is very reliable, even online. First one not so much. Highest one bar percentage I can do.

Edit:

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, b13(1+3) (41%) is a very nice restand. Makes for a nice 50/50 with throw or another b312 starter, etc.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Not sure if I have seen these on here. Came up with them on my own in the lab, but always possible someone else did it before:

Also posted in combo thread...

Cybernetic

One Meter Corner

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, 32xxbf3 (41%)

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, 112xxbf3 (42%)

I found the second one easier. Both depend on getting the 32 out quickly after the b312 juggle. If not, the b13 will miss or the kanoball at the end whiffs. The second one is my bnb and is very reliable, even online. First one not so much. Highest one bar percentage I can do.

Edit:

112xxdb1, b312, 32, b13(2+4)EX, NJ1, FJ1, b13(1+3) (41%) is a very nice restand. Makes for a nice 50/50 with throw or another b312 starter, etc.
Yeah they've been known for a while, 112 isn't always going to be your starter in most corner situations though but still good. Keep looking and maybe you'll find something we haven't :)

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Most people don't expect the EX knives after B13, or respect them. Don't know how long that will last though

FlappyDaniel

Most people don't expect the EX knives after B13, or respect them. Don't know how long that will last though
depends how much you use it in a match. Do B13 naked 4 times in a row then do B13 EX Knives to try and catch them poking out afterwards.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
depends how much you use it in a match. Do B13 naked 4 times in a row then do B13 EX Knives to try and catch them poking out afterwards.
You're absolutely right in that. I need to stagger my strings some more. I get into a groove and B12xxEXknife or B13. I need to do more B1 and B13, and probably less B13xxEXdf2

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
In the lab, and I'm messing with what to do if you connect with EX knives at close range. Now, the damage values are based with EX knives as a starter, and doesn't take any potential chip or damage beforehand. These are by no means combos you should actively strive to hit, but you should have a general idea of what you want to hit in every situation.

EXdf2 RC 112xxbf3 (19%)
EXdf2 b13xxbf3 (17%)
EXdf2 b232+4 (16%) (1+3 is 18%) (I prefer grenade ender for spacing)
EXdf2 b23xxbf3 (20%)
EXdf2 b1 RC b132+4 (16%) (1+3 is 18%)
EXdf2 b1 RC b13xxbf3 (20%)
EXdf2 b1 RC 112xxbf3 (21%)

So far it looks like the most optimal way to go is b23xxbf3, but the easiest one is b13xxbf3. I thought the b1 RC setups would do more damage. kind of disappointed they don't.

I'm really digging that Cyber Kano is all about the space control and footsies.
Is this actually the case? Trying to find a character in MK X that can control space, play footsies and punish people (think Fei Long from SF4). Is Cyber Kano that character? I've mostly been messing around with Takeda and Ferra/Torr.

FlappyDaniel

He's A character that does that, yes. his punishes are adequate, nothing amazing. But his Footsies and AA game + knives and Instant air ball/air ball means he can control space full screen and in the close neutral pretty damn well.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I need the help of expert Knifemen. If you pop someone up after an EX 2+4, but want them in the corner, do you Dash NJP, then run under and B1, or do you double dash then NJP? I'm trying to find the method that most likely leads to B1 B1 B1 RC 112 xx BF3

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I need the help of expert Knifemen. If you pop someone up after an EX 2+4, but want them in the corner, do you Dash NJP, then run under and B1, or do you double dash then NJP? I'm trying to find the method that most likely leads to B1 B1 B1 RC 112 xx BF3
When I wanna switch sides I run under them to the other side. Works 10/10 times.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Oh stop being silly, that's impossible.

Now, I guess It's just a lot harder to do b1 B1 b1 RC 112 after switching sides then.
Yea if I'm switching sides i'll lessen the combo up a little for consistency and having them on the corner side.

Matix218

Get over here!
Hi Kano experts! Learning cybernetic and have some questions.

The combo thread combos for cyber seem out of date based on what I saw the kano players doing at evo.

What are the (practical) optimal midscreen cybernetic bnb combos for the following starters?

B12
B21
B31
F4
anti air b1

Thanks!

Youphemism

Hi Kano experts! Learning cybernetic and have some questions.

The combo thread combos for cyber seem out of date based on what I saw the kano players doing at evo.

What are the (practical) optimal midscreen cybernetic bnb combos for the following starters?

B12
B21
B31
F4
anti air b1

Thanks!
Actually that was just the players at EVO not playing optimally ;)

Usually my bnb anyway is any of those starters cancelled into DB1 then (B1/B2)32+4MB, dash, NJP, JIP, run cancel B1, B1, B13~BF3. Gives you about mid 30s in damage. Meterless isn't much, you can either just leave them standing by cancelling a normal or string into DF2 but optimal ender to knock them down is BF3 so it'll be something like starter~BF3 lol.

As for anti air B1 I just keep B1ing so it's B1, B1, B1, B1, run cancel 112~BF3 for about 28% if I remember right :)