RIP Ex Smash
Cutthroat isn't a+. Needs range on b1
Tier list IMO goes like

S tier
A+ Tier
A tier
B+ Tier
Maybe B tier as well.

Every character right now is viable in some aspect and Cutthroat Kano is borderline A/A+, probably leaning closer to A+. He's a solid rushdown character with safe 50/50s, good setups, good footsies, and he's incredibly well rounded. I don't see the problem.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Tier list IMO goes like

S tier
A+ Tier
A tier
B+ Tier
Maybe B tier as well.

Every character right now is viable in some aspect and Cutthroat Kano is borderline A/A+, probably leaning closer to A+. He's a solid rushdown character with safe 50/50s, good setups, good footsies, and he's incredibly well rounded. I don't see the problem.
He does need range on B1 though. Not Kung Jin level OH, but imo the Reptile OH is a perfect example of what Cutt's should be. Short range, consistent, hits after close range low pokes, etc. Not stepping on the opponents crouch blocked foot and still whiffing.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Fair enough, I meant to say his reward would be much higher if he had F212.

Also the list of characters with strong 6-7 frames moves isn't a very long one, he'd still be able to do it to a good 70% of the cast, and for those special characters that do you could always counterpick with Cutthroat or Cybernetic.

Give Commando some actual tick throws and cutthroat's F212
Give Cybernetic better normal frame advantage OR make his zoning better.
Leave Cutthroat the same as he is.

And Kano would be a solid A+ character for all variations.

Also it's pretty hard to play footsies when your opponent doesn't have to fear your options, bish.
Commando could definitely do with some more ticks.
Why not just make F212 universal? You never know, we might end up finding Up Laser combos! :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

If your opponent isn't scared of you they're not going to block, free combos all day motherfucker Kappa.
Cutthroat isn't a+. Needs range on b1
Lol what? Cutthroat isn't A+ because you think his B1 doesn't have enough range? Learn2runcancel

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Why not just make F212 universal? You never know, we might end up finding Up Laser combos! :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

If your opponent isn't scared of you they're not going to block, free combos all day motherfucker Kappa.

Lol what? Cutthroat isn't A+ because you think his B1 doesn't have enough range? Learn2runcancel
Yeah I know how to run cancel. It still needs range

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash

OMG if that happens then I will love you forever.

Also @SaltShaker I still support increasing the range of B1 so it hits after blocked Ex knives, anything else would be a luxury buff.

And too bad commando doesn't do combos.

Last edited:

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Tried playing some cutthroat today and all I gotta say is yeah b1 needs a buff on range. Hate how I have to literally be making out with my opponent to hit confirm

umgogo

The Memory Protector
Hate how I have to literally be making out with my opponent to hit confirm
Especially when it's, like, Mileena or Venomous D'Vorah.

Sorry, I had to. ;)

Also, I feel that CT Kano is missing a juicy "combo finisher" move outside of the Bloody Slice Brutality. Commando has Strangle (EX Choke) and the Power Slam/Bomb and Cyber has the strings ending in explosions. Perhaps CT could trade the Up Ball for some kind of anti-air stab move....

lemmywinks

losing record
Especially when it's, like, Mileena or Venomous D'Vorah.

Sorry, I had to. ;)

Also, I feel that CT Kano is missing a juicy "combo finisher" move outside of the Bloody Slice Brutality. Commando has Strangle (EX Choke) and the Power Slam/Bomb and Cyber has the strings ending in explosions. Perhaps CT could trade the Up Ball for some kind of anti-air stab move....
I'd be all for an upball where he sticks his knifes out like he's a human buzz saw.

umgogo

The Memory Protector
I'd be all for an upball where he sticks his knifes out like he's a human buzz saw.
That's a great idea, and would make the Up Ball look somewhat less silly.

I mean, giving a serious, humanoid character a Blanka Ball in an experimental '92 game was understandable. Now, though, I would happily trade the front Ball for a tackle, the Up Ball for a stab/DP and the Air Ball can get the buzzsaw treatment.

lemmywinks

losing record
Agreed, Kano probably has some of the best mobility in the game. I mained M Bison in SF4 and Kano definitely feels the most Bison-like.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Agreed, Kano probably has some of the best mobility in the game. I mained M Bison in SF4 and Kano definitely feels the most Bison-like.
kano is just a dope ass character in general. He's so fluid and nothing is quite as satisfying is an up laser brutality. Speaking of up laser thats all its really good for

lemmywinks

losing record
Up laser is solely a swag move at the moment. Recovery frames are shit. It pisses me off because I accidentally do it sometimes when I try b13xxdb1

kobrafan79

R.I.P Kobra 2004-2015 we hardly knew ye.
Anyone see them say anything about cuttthroat kano in the patch notes preview? We might actually get that b1 range increase we have always wanted.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Anyone see them say anything about cuttthroat kano in the patch notes preview? We might actually get that b1 range increase we have always wanted.
No, they've only put out a few little hints. Im sure CT will get a very slight B1 extension, but will most likely be all he gets; if anything.