What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Qwark28 has gotten the game early. He has been extremely helpful. Here is some frame data for the Cybernetic variation.

Knife Toss
- regular version has 11 frames of start up. -10 on block (at point blank range). Hits as a mid attack. Hits once.
- EX version has 8 frames of start up. +6 on block (at point blank range). Hits as an overhead and juggles. Hits three times. Superior hitbox to regular version to catch slides.

Up Ball
- regular and EX versions have 5 frames of start up. -28 on block. Hits as a mid attack. Hits twice.

Straight Ball

- regular version has 12 frames of start up. -19 on block. Hits as a mid attack. Hits once.
- EX version has armor. Other properties same as regular version.

Ground laser extends combos. Air laser knocks down opponent far away and is unbreakable.
If the Knife Toss stays around these properties after the Day 1 patch this has the potential to be dangerous combined with his other tools. I'll throwing Kano in the lab as well with a few others to decide who has the most ability to space opponents out effectively.

cyke_out

Noob
So qwark had a few tidbits of cut throat kano on page 15 of the epic thread.

Go to M2dave's profile, look at his previous post, he has quoted me on the knife frame data

Knee is 10f, 5 active, 28 on whiff and -4 on block, cancellable.

Has 2 lows and an overhead if cutthroat.
So cut throat is certainly going to be much better at mix ups and potentially damage.

I just hope he has longer reaching normals too.

cyke_out

Noob
More from @Qwark28.

"Lifting Knee is a universal normal. All variations change his B2, it always remains a great footsie tool.

He gains multiple new strings, one takes a step back to slash at where he currently was, another is a string you can hitconfirm into a 3 hit launcher which at 2 hits is -5. That's very unusual being 99% of strings I've seen have a very tight window to input another move, leading to very hard or impossible hit confirms.

He gains a blade slice special that's +10 on hit for continued pressure and will launch on EX.

He has a damage buff which inflicts 10% DOT on Kano for 10 seconds, ex version enlarges the damage buff without any damage to himself whatsoever."

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
im waiting till the day 1 patch to start counting my chickens or frames

on the other hand I find properties a lot less likely to change which is why I'm excited for the unblockables

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I am pleased with the info that has come out. I'm part of the wait and see crowd, but I've been planning on Kano since he was showcased so here's to hoping he's solid and doesn't get screwed.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Sorry, fellas. New here.
Has it been mentioned whether or not Kano has a 50/50 starter?
I've seen in the videos he has a low combo starter, but I haven't seen any overheads.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Sorry, fellas. New here.
Has it been mentioned whether or not Kano has a 50/50 starter?
I've seen in the videos he has a low combo starter, but I haven't seen any overheads.
I don't think he has an overhead combo starter. Though he may not need it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HE HAS A SON

He isn't named, nor is the mother, but Kano trains his son to be just like him because Kano knows he's going to die someday. Kind of like a passing of the torch.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
God damnit Youph stop tempting me with this shit in every thread, you're making these last 4(more like three because i'm playing at midnight) days so damn hard.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
God damnit Youph stop tempting me with this shit in every thread, you're making these last 4(more like three because i'm playing at midnight) days so damn hard.
If I'm failing to handle it you can bet your ass I'm not going to make it easy for anyone else to handle it.

It's just like how I play fighting games: even if I know I'm going to lose you know I'll pull out all the tech and gimmicks to slow you down first :DOGE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yup. That's the Kano we got in MKX. Dude has some crazy damage in Cutthroat.

Anyone got any idea how much damage that'd do without the chest pound?
Also. Quick question. How much damage does the buff do to yourself?
34% without the chest pound. 46% with regular chest pound. 51% with EX Chest Pound.

A jab is 2% damage, 2.66% after buff, and 3% after EX Buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.