What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Oh for sure, no doubt. I'm just saying for Kano you know? But I was referring more to his Cybernetic style mostly. The AA laser with the knives and his AA balls it'll be tough to get in on a good Kano player IMO. Faster recovery knives helps no doubt even though they're smaller.
Unless they decrease the start-up of the AA laser then I don't see why someone would go for it, as it has a slow start-up meaning that you have to do it preemptively, when you could just do up ball on reaction. It will be useful for corner combos though.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Unless they decrease the start-up of the AA laser then I don't see why someone would go for it, as it has a slow start-up meaning that you have to do it preemptively, when you could just do up ball on reaction. It will be useful for corner combos though.
Well, just a hunch here but given as how Kano was lower tier in the last game I doubt they'll nerf him this time around or at least much. I kind of like the laser eye, he's always had it but so he should use it in gameplay at some point. I'm happy for that in his cybernetic style. I can see people maybe baiting him from jumping far then doing a teleport like in Ermac or Scorp's case. I think it would be wise to use it against non teleporters especially(people like cassie, ferra/torr etc not so much Scorp, Ermac etc

Been a while since i've been on here and I have a question. Does Kano have a legitimate command grab when it comes to mix up? His commando variation has grabs but I see them used more as combo enders than anything else.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Been a while since i've been on here and I have a question. Does Kano have a legitimate command grab when it comes to mix up? His commando variation has grabs but I see them used more as combo enders than anything else.
I don't think we've seen enough of it to decide that yet :/ I want to see more of Commando, it's the only variation in the game I've seen so far that I like... I know he has parries, which is what interests me about this variation, but as for grabs I don't know really. Could just be throw for all we know.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I was interested in Commando until I saw that his parry is separated into High and Low. Single-type parries always blow (Liu Kang, Joker, etc), but hopefully they make them worthwhile somehow.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I was interested in Commando until I saw that his parry is separated into High and Low. Single-type parries always blow (Liu Kang, Joker, etc), but hopefully they make them worthwhile somehow.
They can be useful for exploiting gaps (since most of NRS parries are 1f) and to counter otherwise safe (possibly plus) stuff that is more or less reactable.

Cybernetic looks fine. I was expectating to see more of this variation during kombat kast. I wanna know how the laser can be combined with the combos.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
A little birdie told me that he has 3 separate command grabs, as well as 1 string that ends with a grab...
Well, we sure did see at least 3 moves of him that look like grabs in early videos. One of them probably being normal grab though.

If little birdie is right, I hope NRS isn't pulling low/OH "grabs" again.

cyke_out

Noob
12 days till we can start cutting and choking fools! I hope the Kano players come out of hiding and flood this forum with tech and blood!

For the black Dragons!

kantboy-2

Ripper
After seeing the Goro stream and a bunch of early copy streamers I am surprised to say that Commando Kano looks like the purest grappler move set in the entire game.

Reminds me of Clark from KOF in a good way.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
After seeing the Goro stream and a bunch of early copy streamers I am surprised to say that Commando Kano looks like the purest grappler move set in the entire game.

Reminds me of Clark from KOF in a good way.
Now, if not for that leak/rumor that everything he has is blockable...

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@Qwark28 has gotten the game early. He has been extremely helpful. Here is some frame data for the Cybernetic variation.

Knife Toss
- regular version has 11 frames of start up. -10 on block (at point blank range). Hits as a mid attack. Hits once.
- EX version has 8 frames of start up. +6 on block (at point blank range). Hits as an overhead and juggles. Hits three times. Superior hitbox to regular version to catch slides.

Up Ball
- regular and EX versions have 5 frames of start up. -28 on block. Hits as a mid attack. Hits twice.

Straight Ball

- regular version has 12 frames of start up. -19 on block. Hits as a mid attack. Hits once.
- EX version has armor. Other properties same as regular version.

Ground laser extends combos. Air laser knocks down opponent far away and is unbreakable.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
@Qwark28 has gotten the game early. He has been extremely helpful. Here is some frame data for the Cybernetic variation.

Knife Toss
- regular version has 11 frames of start up. -10 on block (at point blank range). Hits as a mid attack. Hits once.
- EX version has 8 frames of start up. +6 on block (at point blank range). Hits as an overhead and juggles. Hits three times. Superior hitbox to regular version to catch slides.

Up Ball
- regular and EX versions have 5 frames of start up. -28 on block. Hits as a mid attack. Hits twice.

Straight Ball

- regular version has 12 frames of start up. -19 on block. Hits as a mid attack. Hits once.
- EX version has armor. Other properties same as regular version.

Ground laser extends combos. Air laser knocks down opponent far away and is unbreakable.
Some of these things sound as awesome as they should be.
I think it was also said that lasers have about 15f of sartup, at least it's how it is for AA laser IIRC.

I also somewhat interested in EX (?) diveball properties, especially if it has any opening up potential with its "OH -> low" and possibly "whiff -> low" animation, but that's mostly out of curiosity right now.

Are you going to give cyberkano a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.