What's new

Kano Patch changes.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
The combos definitely seem easier, I can kinda pull off a 2-button king and spam 2,1,2 and juggle the opponent three times before having to finish quick with an uppercut or cannonball. Still not sure if zoning with ex knife will be worth using up meter that could go to the X-Ray.

i am def liking this set of changes. EX ball will be useful mostly to deal with characters who outzone kano...kabal, anyone?

How strange, I was playing around with Kano the other day and I liked his playstyle but the strict timing on his bnbs turned me off. A couple days later and now you're telling me the patch made his bnbs easier to land? That's great news, and now I'm back in the lab with him (pre-patch since I'm on PS3).

A question for the more experienced Kano players: do you think B2 3 beats out B2 F1? I've noticed that B2 does not jail and the F1 can be whiffed and punished on low block. Also, is it possible to do more than 25% with B2 F1/B2 3 in the corner?
Well I always use b2 f1 over b2 3 and I've never had problems of it whiffing. It is possible to get 28% no meter, 33% 1 bar in the corner but it is very situational and has strict enough timing. It's b2f1~(knife)(kanoball/ex downball), you have to be the right distance away so that when you throw the knife your opponent hits against the stage wall and you can get an extra kanoball/ex downball in on the end.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
So far the best mid screen combos I can find are jip b112 dash 212 dash 1 ex knives ball and jip f2b2 dash 212 dash f11 ex knives ball both for 40%.

cyke_out

Noob
So the ex knife adds 4% to his standard bnb. one bar almost gives him as much as his x-ray. I guess this is better since you can use meter to break and still have a 40% damage potential.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Thats pretty good, you guys should keep testing on it see if you can go even further

ill try my best when i get the patch

cyke_out

Noob
So how is the armor on kano's uncharges ex ball? is it fast enough to blow through frame traps, or is useful to get in on people that outzone kano?

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Here's a little something illustrating the enhanced knives techs I've been trying so far. I'm close to finding more but my head really hasn't been in the game lately. I also apologize for the bad quality as I no longer have a HD capture device and made this really quickly. :p

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Great vid!!! Hey did you try:
Jip-2,1,2-2,1,2-b1,1-EX knives-d1+ball (or just ball)

Also can anything come out of b2-EX knives?

cyke_out

Noob
Here's a little something illustrating the enhanced knives techs I've been trying so far. I'm close to finding more but my head really hasn't been in the game lately. I also apologize for the bad quality as I no longer have a HD capture device and made this really quickly. :p
Awesome vid, Thanks for giving us PS3 players a glimpse of what Kano can do now. This Vid should be front paged.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Great vid!!! Hey did you try:
Jip-2,1,2-2,1,2-b1,1-EX knives-d1+ball (or just ball)

Also can anything come out of b2-EX knives?
Are you talking about corner combos? I've got some 212 combos but I decided to focus on b112 for that little vid for practical purposes. I'm gonna re-edit today to add some 212 and f3b2 combos though.

Awesome vid, Thanks for giving us PS3 players a glimpse of what Kano can do now. This Vid should be front paged.
Anytime.

cyke_out

Noob
Does anyone think these changes are gonna fix Kano's Bad matches?

with sub getting armor on his slide, will it turn a bad match up into an even worse one, or will armor on ex ball swing it to a 5-5?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Nice! I might pick up Kano again, I'm glad he actually has use of meter now!

or will armor on ex ball swing it to a 5-5?
I don't know about you guys, but I have never been able to consistently get the EX ball off. I never manage to hit block at the correct time, probably due to the fact that I have a unorthodox method of doing ball, but it works for me. Except when it comes to getting the EX off...

cyke_out

Noob
It's not just you, I'm in the same boat, but then again, I've never had a reason to use it in a match, if the armor helps him blow through frame traps and escape corner pressure or break through fireballs and ice clone, then I'll make sure to work on getting it down consistantly.

Does anyone think these changes are gonna fix Kano's Bad matches?

with sub getting armor on his slide , will it turn a bad match up into an even worse one, or will armor on ex ball swing it to a 5-5?
I don't think Sub's slide armour will really change the matchup much, the ten extra frames staying frozen once hit by his projectile is more worrying imo.The only place I thought Kano lost to Sub clearly was in the corner though and with the armour this should change. So around 5-5 maybe, but I don't want to call it until I play under the new patch.

I wouldn't worry too much about difficulty using the ball, I use his downball/ball a lot and it's almost second nature doing them, even if they're ex, just give it some time. I always do them on the analog stick though.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
then I'll make sure to work on getting it down consistantly.
Honestly, I spent quite a bit of time trying to get it down on a consistent basis, never managed it. Everything else that I've had trouble with in the past - IE: Cage's dash 2s, Reptile's NJP timing I've gotten down. But that damn EX ball, it's just a wonky input.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I updated the video I posted yesterday with some more combos. I chose not to include anything that isn't better than or equal to what he had pre-patch. It's probably due to the hitbox change but it feels like you can get a bit more height mid screen when using 212. Also, is it just me or enhanced ball has slower start up than enhanced up ball?

cyke_out

Noob
Wow, it looks like even kano's meterless combos got more damage thanks to the changes in 2,1,2.

good shit, man.

He feels so smooth now, like that time chasing opponents around the dojo is paying off in spades finally lol.
I'm looking forward to getting some time offline, I've gotten lazy over the summer but now I'm excited again

I've put in a lot of lab time with Kano. I like him but, as someone else said, the incredibly strict timing for his bnbs was a deal breaker for me. If they've improved the hit boxes for his combos, then I think it's time to hang with the Black Dragons again.

I don't see myself burning meter on those midscreen combos generally, but it's still good for closing out a round so thanks!

Personally I like his new overhead combo. Don't think I've seen it in a vid, goes as follows:

b+2,f+1 xx EX knife, ball. 32%, just spin the stick really really fast after knife and you'll nail it. Not sure how practical it is for pad players though. The overhead string is definitely hit-confirmable offline, not likely online though.

cyke_out

Noob
I use b+2,3 ball on-line, for some reason it's easier for me to hit than f+1. I wonder that works for ex knife too.