What's new

Guide - Cutthroat Kano Hype Train Video by Pig of the Hut & Machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.

ando1184

Noob
You already know what I'm thinking lol. Yes and no. Every one of us knew Cutthroat was the best variation before the buffs, let alone after. Now the "I play braindead easy to win characters" team has jumped aboard magically "discovering" Cutthroat Kano. Cyber/Comm was what needed attention, yet the best variation got the most love.

Happy the character is better than ever, but annoyed with the Week 1 player syndrome so I've refrained from commenting in threads.
(Moves in from the side and addresses @SaltShaker saying; "I got this") Hey, tym whiners.......go f*** ya self!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Have to disagree with you. I want him broken lol or at least top tier. Don't know if you remember Commonwealth grand finals. Funniest thing ever. If he was at every mkx tournament there will never be a boring tournament again.
A pic of those finals should be next to the word epic in every dictionary.

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
You know theres a neat trick where you take a paper clip, attach it to your zipper and then put it over the button on the front of your pants. You'll never have this problem again!

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
(Slaps self on forehead) Can we just go back to -8 slice please? @nrs. You guys are up playing wayyyy too much, the thing is he's always played this way minus the yolo factor of slice now. Besides, Kano should be allowed to have at least one mk game he's top in. It's not the end of the world guys, he still has to play a solid footsie game and make good reads to win with. I don't understand how everyone is ok with characters like jax, Sonya, alien, and countless others being top 5 or even top 10 but it's downright blasphemy if Kano climbs a spot?!?
I like kano calm down. I still and have always played ct since day 1. All i said was air ball is a good move now its an overhead. So relax kano boys. He is and has always been good.

ando1184

Noob
Sensing downplay
It's not downplay, up ball randomly whiffs vs crouching sometimes, air ball is only a 10% knockdown move that's full combo punishable on block, and that 15% damage over time adds up. Let's not forget that 11 still Whiffs on small/female crouching hitboxes and upball, kanoball, and airball can all trade or be interrupted and are all full combo punishable on block. So this is far from up play. The vid you made was informative yes, but you up played certain scenarios and how this game deals with them. For one I can't just slice and immediately put you into a 50/50, I'm -5. Both b1 and b3 have more that 5f of startup so I at least am doing a 10f follow up and we know now that half the cast has 6-7f poke. Come on guys, Kano has always been doing this stuff since launch but now it works "as intended" since the b1 has the proper range. You can't seriously be upset because this character can finally do what dvorah, Jax, Quan chi, Erron black, FT, and countless others do in this game.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It's not downplay, up ball randomly whiffs vs crouching sometimes, air ball is only a 10% knockdown move that's full combo punishable on block, and that 15% damage over time adds up. Let's not forget that 11 still Whiffs on small/female crouching hitboxes and upball, kanoball, and airball can all trade or be interrupted and are all full combo punishable on block. So this is far from up play. The vid you made was informative yes, but you up played certain scenarios and how this game deals with them. For one I can't just slice and immediately put you into a 50/50, I'm -5. Both b1 and b3 have more that 5f of startup so I at least am doing a 10f follow up and we know now that half the cast has 6-7f poke. Come on guys, Kano has always been doing this stuff since launch but now it works "as intended" since the b1 has the proper range. You can't seriously be upset because this character can finally do what dvorah, Jax, Quan chi, Erron black, FT, and countless others do in this game.
hmmm

I think you missed the point

No one thinks Kano has a 5f normal, it's the threat it creates and guessing game. On hit it grants a mix up.

Reading your post makes it seems Kano needs safe balls? Dude plz

I'm sorry your character after being -5 on a half screen hitting mid has to either do a 50/50 on read, ex safe up ball, d4 read, throw and if he hits u once it's a win win situation for Kano

I'm not sure what u want Kano to get. This is downplaying

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
"Oh my god,this char is overpowered....... So I will pick A-list and kill him".
Come on guys the game has way more broken things than this.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
First time I found out db1 was -5 I thought, "Wow that shit is broke".....and I play fucking Shinnok.

This video is unreal. Props to the Kano mains because Kano isn't like, the easiest of easy characters in this game (War God and Alien how the fuuuuuuuuck are ya) but yeah Kano is just wow lol.

Also the DoT argument is so stupid lol. 15% after a long ass time, if you get hit it's gone. You can turn it off after a combo on hit. Like it's not even thaaaaat bad. Ferra/Torr stabs himself and does 5% every time. Pretty sure Bio must lose like 20-25% off that alone.

ando1184

Noob
hmmm

I think you missed the point

No one thinks Kano has a 5f normal, it's the threat it creates and guessing game. On hit it grants a mix up.

Reading your post makes it seems Kano needs safe balls? Dude plz

I'm sorry your character after being -5 on a half screen hitting mid has to either do a 50/50 on read, ex safe up ball, d4 read, throw and if he hits u once it's a win win situation for Kano

I'm not sure what u want Kano to get. This is downplaying
I didn't miss any point, your video clearly screams nerf!!! Because like most people you don't want to let it ride and learn the matchup. Instead you're catering to the crybaby antics of this site and that both soils the reputation of our community, and is what causes NRS to give us such knee jerk buff/nerfing like our current top tier in the first place! Dude I was just pointing out how you conveniently left out the negatives Kano carries around with him (that being how punishable he is on all of his specials excluding slice). And slice on hit midscreen doesn't grant anything for free except a pressure "attempt". He is forced to run up at his opponent and can easily be checked with a low poke before either b1 or b3 come out. Yes, you showed examples only in the corner and those things are true when in the corner, but like my point I was trying to make is you need to show both sides of the coin. Kano has what he's always had but it's not unbeatable or can't be gotten around, I'm not up playing, I'm stating what the character can and can't do in this variation.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You already know what I'm thinking lol. Yes and no. Every one of us knew Cutthroat was the best variation before the buffs, let alone after. Now the "I play braindead easy to win characters" team has jumped aboard magically "discovering" Cutthroat Kano. Cyber/Comm was what needed attention, yet the best variation got the most love.

Happy the character is better than ever, but annoyed with the Week 1 player syndrome so I've refrained from commenting in threads.
Nailed it. If only NRS wanted Cyber to be good. It really only needed a few quality of life buffs that have nothing to do with fucking uplaser.

Also, all this Kano hysteria is clear obfuscation so that we don't talk about the other fucked up characters like D'Vorah, Ferra/Torr, A-List Cage...

ando1184

Noob
The threat of armor if he reads a button press, I guess.
Armor that nets 13% damage plus knockdown on a correct guess, or gets you a mouth full of combo punished on a wrong guess. Hmm......

Edit: by 13% I mean ex up ball, by full combo punished I mean ex Kano ball. So there's no misinterpretation for "downplay"

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Cutthroat is one of the best in the game tbh. He's got amazing footsies, safe 50/50s, great damage, good wakeups, and some of the best movement in the game. His main weaknesses is he is meter hungry. He's also super simple to play which is why I am picking him up lol.

Armor that nets 13% damage plus knockdown on a correct guess, or gets you a mouth full of combo punished on a wrong guess. Hmm......
EX ball is also a thing that leads to full combos...

Best thing to do after db1 though is backdash. Beats almost any attempt to respond to a blocked db1 and makes a lot of people whiff punish stuff out of frustration.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You can cancel MB Kano Ball on hit for a full combo. MB Kano Ball has armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.