What's new

Kano:Easiest player in the game to use?

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
Smoke is by far the easiest player in the game. Him and maybe SCorpion. Thats why you see a lot of noobs use them.

Kano isnt that easy to use. Its tough for alot of people to pull off kano ball, especially in the air. SPammers I suppose do well but noob spammers are way worse
Its easy for scrubs to use Smoke since they think the counter to everything is teleport on wakeup and smoke bomb up close then attempt to jump only to get uppercuted. Next would have to be maybe Kung Lao. Once they get you blocking with the low hats pressure strings you either have to be Kung Lao or Reptile to stop it or if you can't you sit there watching him build meter.

Danno

Noob
uhh I completely and totally disagree
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion =)

I have played both, smoke being my frist main. I got bored with him and after the nerf he got with the otg, he became boring and limitted.

With Kano, any respectable Kano will be more than just knife spam and upball. It takes a lot of practice to get his mixups down and his overhead. Airball is difficult to get at first. Anyone can his down back 4 repeatedly.

wolfe

Noob
it amazes me that the char thread for kano gets so much spam by people who hate kano, and no mod interference with them : /

he has more frames on startup on upball, more frames on block (punishable) and there is a slight cd increase on knife throws enough so that there isnt any situation where someone gets repeatedly nabbed out of tele with them (unless they have horrid timing maybe)

he has a good low juggle, a safe bnb, and a slow but long reach overhead. hes a good char, best in game? nah, easiest ingame to use? for a spammer that uses only knives/upball and 2,1,2 combo maybe simply because the input for knives and upball are opposite of eachother.

for someone who actually learns the mechanics of the game, hes a fairly indepth and technical char with lots of potential.

I'm trippin out after reading this thread....why don't everybody quit hatin on him and learn how to play against him.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Nope, one of the more difficult characters to use successfully. Once you evolve past the "this game is all about specials and the highest damaging combos" phase you will understand.

*hint* online teaches you really bad habits.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
??
i allways beat kano, the hate is not because hes strong lol, hes just annoying and braindead, thats all!
Wasn't aiming my comment at you. I'm aiming it more at the people that make these threads every day saying Kano, Reptile, Kung lao, etc are easy to play and I'm losing to them so I'm angry.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I don't even need to read this thread completely to understand that it sucks.

This whole premise is bafflingly asinine. "KANO IS THE EASIEST CHARACTER TO USE EVER". So - fucking - what?

If you think the execution requirements on characters actually somehow determines their effectiveness in a fighting game beyond two weeks after the launch date, you're retarded. If you think that Kano is overpowered, you're exceptionally retarded and I hesitate to even think about how bad you must be at this game, that you can look at Kano in the face of Raiden, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Nightwolf, etc. and still somehow think Kano is not just as good as them, not just better than them, but over-fucking-powered.

Upball is hitting you because Kano utilizes frame-traps to set it up and you stick out limbs against it because you somehow don't know it's coming. Kano is a scrubkiller. That's what he does; kills scrubs. Scrubs need to make peace with that REALLY fast.

Also, if your position on the Kano "issue" is based on online play, then congratulations: You just found a way to have an incorrect opinion.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

This whole premise is bafflingly asinine. "KANO IS THE EASIEST CHARACTER TO USE EVER". So - fucking - what?

If you think the execution requirements on characters actually somehow determines their effectiveness in a fighting game beyond two weeks after the launch date, you're retarded. If you think that Kano is overpowered, you're exceptionally retarded and I hesitate to even think about how bad you must be at this game, that you can look at Kano in the face of Raiden, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Nightwolf, etc. and still somehow think Kano is not just as good as them, not just better than them, but over-fucking-powered.

Upball is hitting you because Kano utilizes frame-traps to set it up and you stick out limbs against it because you somehow don't know it's coming. Kano is a scrubkiller. That's what he does; kills scrubs. Scrubs need to make peace with that REALLY fast.

Also, if your position on the Kano "issue" is based on online play, then congratulations: You just found a way to have an incorrect opinion.
Best thing I've ever read in the Kano forum

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

I have to agree with KT wholeheartedly. I'd put it in my signature if I could. "Kano is a scrubkiller. That's what he does; kills scrubs. Scrubs need to make peace with that REALLY fast." Big thumbs up.

Online Kano is hard to beat because of lag but offline everything he does is punishable but his xray damage is rediculous

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Online Kano is hard to beat because of lag but offline everything he does is punishable but his xray damage is rediculous
You can jump away when you see him start up his x-ray it's pretty slow. Also I think there are a few frames he can be d1'd out of it where it doesn't have armor but i'm sure you'd get screwed over online lol. Best advice is just to jump away from it.

The majority of bad online kano's will save up for it and be very predictable with it too, so when you see a kano who hasn't used his meter for anything dashing towards you bait it out lol. Better kano players will most likely use his meter elsewhere instead of constantly saving up for x-ray.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
X is actually the best use of Kano's meter (besides breaker). None of his EX moves are worth it. Once he has X, just the psychological effect of knowing that he can throw his 41% unblockable throw at you puts Kano at an advantage. The best way to use it (the way I normally do) is hang onto it for a while and then when they least expect it, eat one of their normals with the X's super armor and make them pay.

Or not pay. I've gotten word that there is no charge for being X'd by Kano.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've got to disagree with the fact that Kano is an unstoppable online force. It's quite the opposite. His kombos have the strictest timing of any character I've played yet. If there is even the smallest bit of lag then he simply can't do kombos. Even when he can do kombos his damage caps out at 37% (including his JP starter). His X-Ray, while incredible, can't be kombo'd into, making it very easy to waste. He also only has 1 zoning attack that has since been unfairly nerfed. It can be ducked completely too, limiting his zoning abilities even further. If you don't want to get Upballed, don't jump in. I don't jump in on Sub Zero because I don't like to lose matches. I suppose I could bitch and moan about how overpowered his Ice Clone is while continuing to get caught in it, but I'd rather just figure out how to deal with it. It's a lot more satisfying. I don't know why so many people insist on jumping in on Kano. Just keep your ass on the ground! Kano's Upball is half as good as Noob's anti-air (which somehow hits behind him as well...) but I don't hear anyone bitching about that. Kano also has a very limited mixup game. He has a very short-ranged low attack (besides his sweep, which is awesome but can't kombo) and a retardedly slow overhead. Because of this Kano has to be played very intelligently. Sure you can beat scrubs with nothing but Knives and Upball (and if you are defeated by those tactics congratulations, you're a scrub!) but to compete at the higher levels of play Kano can have real problems. I play Kano exclusively and it's because of posts like this that I have to put up with so much bullshit online. If I toss a single knife I get called a spammer. If I use a single Upball I get called cheap. People need to man up and admit they got beat because the other player was better than them, not because he was using the better character (lord knows there's better characters than Kano...).

Kano's knives might make him one the easiest characters to spam, but otherwise Kano is pretty hard to use, especially because of his combo timing restrictions.

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
Well, technically, I think the ultimate scrub killer is Sheeva. :d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u all day.
^One word: Sektor^

But that's not what this thread is about. People can bitch about Kano as much as they want, and say bs things that make no sense to make me look bad because I use Kano. "All you do is spam that cheap up-ball move!" said a SZ when I ex up-balled over their ice clone. I've been called cheap by a Sindel for projectile trading with the knives, only because I threw ex knives twice in so I could continue to build meter during the whole thing. I pulled combos off this scrub and baited him into the x-ray, and he said I'm cheap and I spam, when his longest combo was jip~uppercut.

But this shit, i don't care about, because:
1) they should learn to either get around it, or get over it.
2) I only use Kano in 2v2, or to get around match-up that are bad for Jax.

Haters gonna hate.

Reedoms

Noob
Well, technically, I think the ultimate scrub killer is Sheeva. :d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u:d:u all day.
The sad thing is I will beat people in Tag Team matches while only doing :d:u the entire time. Don't even need my partner.

On Discussion: Kano is pretty bad for me since I main Noob and his projectiles somehow are faster than mine and you can't punish upball with any of Noobs comboes because they all start slow.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
"All you do is spam that cheap up-ball move!" said a SZ when I ex up-balled over their ice clone.
Ha. That particular matchup being heavily in SZ's favor generally makes this one just sad. Ice clone making unskilled upball use specifically suicidal makes it doubly sad. That's one ninjer fan who needs to work on his fundamentals.

why is this up again? kano is obviously NOT the easiest person to use. and if you think so you are retarded, slow, stupid, dumb and probably have a.d.d. and obviously you suck at mortal kombat.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Eh. I think Kano at this point is alright - he's not particularly hard to play but honestly; the majority of the cast isn't. Personally, I got bored of him, he has terrible combo limitations - I stopped trying to do his "big" damage combos online due to the strict timings. It just got to the point where I no longer enjoyed winning with him due to his limitations.

I'd happily pick him up again if his combos were reworked; I'd even be happy to trade some more frames on knife for that. An ideal Kano to be would be, good combos, more frames on knives and up ball (vanilla MK9) and less recovery frames on air and horizontal balls. I'd even like for his x-ray to be reworked into something that requires setups and can be chained in a combo; but when I suggested that everyone flipped their shit.

There's a reason why Kano players spam knife, up ball, choke frame traps and rely on the 43% x-ray to win - he's very mediocre everywhere else.