What's new

Kano:Easiest player in the game to use?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Watching people use Kano and its retarded. His knife has no recovery time so his zoning is amazing and the up ball is impossible to punish without a fast uppercut or special. and teleports to get in on him dont work cause if he is spamming the knife and you tele his up ball is the reverse input so it punishes your tele or moves out of the way of it. I know better players will be able to beat the scrub spamming Kanos but for people new to fighters and still learning Kano is a seriously OP character. Especially online. I know i will probly get flamed saying get better or dont play online but im not that good so i dont wanna try to go to tournaments and online is the only way to get a lot of matches and experience since im stuck in the middle of nowhere. Any thought on how to beat a spamming Kano online or just general thoughts about my point?

And dont get me started on the 41% xray that is also a grab. Which is easy to reach with his special spamming.

leek

Noob
If you can't fight spam, you should lose anyways.

Besides, you're playing online I assume and the lag plus scrubs will always equal not up to par gameplay, don't expect the universe from randoms on MK9.

Sub-Zero can slide under the knives, jump away or even over if you have good enough timing from his xray, it really isn't that tough, try to block more often and get in close as soon as you can in order to keep away from knives. Dash block in when the match starts and try to throw in some lows considering scrubs don't usually know how to block correctly. If you can get that first hit you got that much more meter to work with, which will help tremendously if you know what you're doing. Once you figure out your opponents weakness (everyone has something they do a little to much that is punishable), punish punish punish.

As for the upball,just block on startup frames and uppercut, it seems to work with everyone except slower uppercut characters. Cheers and good luck, post me some results if I helped any.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
yea i get what youre saying. in this case im just gonna stop playing against that particular player. With sub he can spam the upball cause my uppercut is too slow to punish, especially online. the only thing i had success with was using EX freeze to trade with the knives. sub just isnt great for this until i can step my game up. I knwo its mainly a problem with me i just got really frustrated. I know i shouldnt expect a lot online. Especially with all the people who like to try to learn some way to exploit parts of the game )this time being the subpar netcode) to their advantage. I guess ill just keep working and deal with this problem when it persists. Thanks for the help man. I had more success in this matchup possibly trying to mirror or using johnny cage who has the flash kick that is able to punish the upball. Getting zoned was a little difficult but if i had life lead i could make him come to me. The xray will still give me problems for a while probly. Just gotta learn to get away from it. If anyone knows for sure does jcage's xray work on Kanos? i doubt it would but it could be a very useful tool.

Loot

the special effects
For punishing upball, do a d1~clone. Little of damage and some breathing room. And, chances are, its just some FOTM player so he will Upball right away into your clone.

leek

Noob
Him and Ermac probably have the lowest learning curves.
Ermac? no way. how? :confused: i have such a tough time with him.. might just be me though. i'd think lowest next to kano would be liu kang or something >.>

leek

Noob
If anyone knows for sure does jcage's xray work on Kanos? i doubt it would but it could be a very useful tool.
Depends on the usage. anything close up or even a regular kano ball from fullscreen i believe could be xray-able with cage. up-ball though im not sure, ill test it out in a little bit.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
i meant trying to counter his xray with jcages. Like i said its doubtful but it could be very useful.

leek

Noob
Oh okay i understand now. ill test it in a little bit but i dont think so, since its a grab.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
i know that it works for sure now. not sure about the timing for it though. only tested for when johnnys xray comes out first which wouldnt be the intended situation

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
You know this is pretty much all void because of the hotfix.... more recovery frames on block for up ball (Unsafe) Knifes damage reduced, so this right here seems like a last ditch effort to whine about him plus atleast online getting good kano combos is almost impossible becasue it involves dash canceling where the opponent is already close to the ground so its nearly impossible online atleast with my connection which I need to upgrade. I don't expect you a sub player to understand none of your combos really involve dash canceling.

leek

Noob
Oh yeah I agree. I had the right mind to post a link to the hotfix thread confirming changes for Kano.. really isn't any point in yapping about it except for conversation on how to beat it. just helps all around.

BTW Gthunda, your picture is the best thing since fire.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Oh yeah I agree. I had the right mind to post a link to the hotfix thread confirming changes for Kano.. really isn't any point in yapping about it except for conversation on how to beat it. just helps all around.

BTW Gthunda, your picture is the best thing since fire.
Thanks bro lol

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Kano may have lower damage knives, but that was not the issue. It was his recovery speed on them. Make em slower so that they go sort of like Kabals ground saw, if you do two quickly after eachother one of them gets cancelled. He cant have that many knives on him can he?

cyke_out

Noob
Is lower damage on Knives confirmed? I haven't seen anything other than it is getting nerfed., unless I'm just blind.

I don't think he's just the easiest character in the game to use - he is straight up BROKEN. His moves recover fast, his specials are retardedly fast (knife and balls come out far too fast), 40% (or is it even more?) xray, plus on top of those clearly broken things he has a great mix up and damage.

If a Kano sits in the corner and spams knives there's almost no way to get in. They come out WAY too fast to jump/teleport with most characters and by the time you close the gap via dash > block > dash > block you've lost a ton of damage from chip. Also as the OP already noted his up ball is the opposite of his knife so if you manage to get over him (tele or jump) while he's spamming you're guaranteed to eat a ball.

Every single thing about Kano is above average or better (perhaps his normal/string speed is average but they are still at least as good as anyone elses). He has no weaknesses and too many strengths.

ps hell yes i mad

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I don't think he's just the easiest character in the game to use - he is straight up BROKEN. His moves recover fast, his specials are retardedly fast (knife and balls come out far too fast), 40% (or is it even more?) xray, plus on top of those clearly broken things he has a great mix up and damage.

If a Kano sits in the corner and spams knives there's almost no way to get in. They come out WAY too fast to jump/teleport with most characters and by the time you close the gap via dash > block > dash > block you've lost a ton of damage from chip. Also as the OP already noted his up ball is the opposite of his knife so if you manage to get over him (tele or jump) while he's spamming you're guaranteed to eat a ball.

Every single thing about Kano is above average or better (perhaps his normal/string speed is average but they are still at least as good as anyone elses). He has no weaknesses and too many strengths.

ps hell yes i mad
Yeah thats totally how it is

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
nobody even fucking picks kano anymore. was this made just to complain about anything?
Probably instead of finding out if ANY changes were made to the upball or knives but nope they keep complaining even though every blocked upball means full combo for everyone but maybe Sheeva. For crying out loud, this site knows most of the patch and hotfix notes.
All we can hope for is that when they finally realize this that they will facepalm themselves :p

Danno

Noob
Smoke is by far the easiest player in the game. Him and maybe SCorpion. Thats why you see a lot of noobs use them.

Kano isnt that easy to use. Its tough for alot of people to pull off kano ball, especially in the air. SPammers I suppose do well but noob spammers are way worse