What's new

Kano Changes 5/20/11

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
So the :r+:fk hits low and his cooldown for his :d:r:bp is reduced it helps alot in my opinion, so tell us how these changes have affected you

well kano move up on the tier list df2 works better than johnny cage's flash kick and start up as fast as kung lao's spin

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Tom Brady just said they the up spin can be punished with a block and then be grabed, and if you tech it Kano gets hit by a combo or something like that :(

Also the combo that looked like a low hit combo starter >fk into hk will combo and add a needed low to high combo. Kano will be used more now. Mark my words!

Been maining Kano since day 1 and he was a beast before. Now he is even better. Most people online I have fought today aren't fast enough to punish the new up ball. If you throw em twice in a row you can hit most people I've found. I hope this doesn't start a bunch of Kano bandwagoners.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I dunno it might just be me but the ex kano ball unblockable charge seems to be a lil shorter anyone got any thoughts?
I think the charge is a little shorter, I can never pull the EX ball off consistently though, I usually do it by mistake quite honestly and save my meter for breakers and the x-ray.

I hope this doesn't start a bunch of Kano bandwagoners.

I doubt it man, Kano isn't popular, though I don't know why. DAMN good character. I'd like to see him get more players but honestly I think I prefer most people being unfamiliar with him.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I hope Kano's Upball has it's pre-patch properties returned. It's hella dumb now and actually ruins a perfectly fun and viable character for me now.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Riu48 said:
well kano move up on the tier list df2 works better than johnny cage's flash kick and start up as fast as kung lao's spin
This.

Up Ball can be used as an anti-aerial attack, wake up attack, a panic attack to blow through mix ups, etc. The move is very powerful now because it is only punishable by the fastest moves in the game

By the way, I'm not sure whether this is new or old, but aerial throws build meter. Perform them shortly before you back or neutral jump to recover quickly. You can follow up with a Knife Toss for more meter building.

Having played for about six hours with the new Kano, I don't think he's just an S tier character. I think he's at the very worst a top three character in the game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The upball change is dumb and unnecessary...Kano was fine without anything like that.

GNG Iniquity

The upball change is dumb and unnecessary...Kano was fine without anything like that.
I went 50/50 with a good Reptile last night. You'll learn to block the upball, just like I learned to not crouch block Reptile's shoulder as a wakeup. Kano's vertical and horizontal balls are highly punishable, the up ball is the only exception you're just unfamilar with him as a character.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Azuro, according to Tom Brady:

as a zoner kano struggles
he traped himself
then
couldnt get out
w/o putting his whole bar on the line

By the way...

A funny "glitch", which I told Tom Brady about earlier.

Cyber Sub Zero Vs. Kano: If Kano uses the Up Ball as a wake up attack on the ground and Cyber Sub Zero tries to parry, it glitches and Kano can backdash and jump back out of the hit that follows. Then the hit that follows (after the parry) can magically hit Kano if he doesn't jump back again. Be sure to jump back again because the hit is unblockable.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm not salty. It legit was unnecessary.

Kano was already a good character without the upball change. His projectile is fantastic...it's fast enough to the point where a lot of characters can't keep up, and he builds meter fast with it. His cannonballs already punished stuff well. He was already fine to begin with. People just whined about the character being bad without exploring him. I'm not the only one who feels this way about upball.

GNG Iniquity

Kano was already a good character without the upball change.
I'm not disagreeing with you there, in high level play the balls are not worth the risk though. Am I going to risk getting punished into a full combo once they've learned to block it? No. It's not worth it. The up ball is the only ball I actually use when I know that my opponent is ready to block it on reaction. If you're trying to jump at Kano, then yes, you'll get hit with a ball. Period. Don't do it.