What's new

Kameos with Scorpion Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
To be clear, we’re talking about what Kameos work well with the character Scorpion.

I actually haven’t messed around with that many. The main Kameo I have been using for Scorpion is the Scorpion Kameo, actually. Cyrax still works well with him combo wise. But I figured I’d go through all the Kameos to see what is viable and what isn’t.

So far I’m on Darrius, and he actually seems like he can work with Scorpion. The first thing I was always look for with a Kameo for Scorpion is if they allow him to combo off of his B3, and Darrius allows that. The 2nd thing I look for is if the Kameo has some sort of overhead since Scorpion doesn’t have one other than his terrible 122, and Darrius has an overhead move as well.

Only got a little lab time in, actually this was the first time I’ve ever used Darrius period, and he doesn’t seem too bad. I DO think his regular Kameo button attack costing 100% of his Kameo meter is a bit excessive though. Imo it should cost 6079% or so, (which is also what I believe Cyrax’s horizontal kopter chopper should cost as well). I think the only Kameo moves that should cost a full bar of Kameo meter are moves that are God Tier. And while Cyrax’s horizontal kopter chopper was by far the best Kameo move in the game for multiple reasons, I wouldn’t necessarily consider it “God Tier”.

Anyway, I’ve also used Jax a little bit with Scorpion and he seems okay. I haven’t looked up any Kameo combos for any of the Kameos I’m using with Scorpion btw, except of course the inescapable/unblockable reset in the corner with Jax. For those who have yet to see it, the timing is VERY strict, like, literally frame perfect strict. But if you can get the timing down consistently, it’s a very dangerous combo to have in your repertoire. However, I’d caution against even learning it. Because for 1, it’s going to take you a significant time investment in order to get it to correctly work successfully. And 2, it very well is likely to get nerfed (again) in some way in a future patch. Which, I actually don’t think it should be nerfed. It’s situational, and the timing is ridiculously strict. Plus it’s quite literally the only “dirt” Scorpion has, lol. Anyway, for those who have seen it, Check discovered it (or at least that’s where/who I saw it from), and I made a quick video trying to explain it and show it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Update: I’ve been playing him with striker. Adding strikers overhead to the 2 1 string can mix some opponents up. Also, his grenades keeps a lot of things safe as they can be executed whiles executing the specials. In that sense, it can replace cyraxs spin, even though the chip damage is very very minimal. For aggressive opponents who like to pressure, back 3 keeps ppl guessing. They’re expecting scorpion to keep throwing out spears and most ppl know that Scorpion doesn’t have any mixups so most ppl are very care free in just walking in on scorpion. Back 3 will make them think twice and will disrupt wakeups every now and then. Another tip: switch up your style mid game. Play conservative and counter attack, then switch to aggressive with the mixups and grabs. This will really fk with ppl.
Nice, I was going to try out Stryker eventually.

Still been using Darrius. You can get a pretty good combo off of Scorpions back throw with Darrius. Anywhere from 22% to over 30% depending on the meter investment or if you use Fatal Blow. Being able to combo off of throws is huge especially for Scorpion. Because you have to throw more often than other characters I feel. Only issue with Darrius’ combo off throw is it uses full Kameo meter.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
@Juggs, Lmao. Dude I might try that Jax combo a couple times for kicks but no way I am investing the time it would take to make that one of my core gameplans.

Darrius IS cool but the 100% meter thing is just too much, imo, for it to be anything more than highly situational which is unfortunately not something I feel Scorp can afford. I feel I personally need something I can use often and spontaneously. Something like Darrius that I can use like once a round (twice if it is a long round) or Jax that requires such a perfect setup you almost need the opponent to be cooperating with you to land it? I dunno I probably just don't have the skills for that kind of stuff.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
@Juggs, Lmao. Dude I might try that Jax combo a couple times for kicks but no way I am investing the time it would take to make that one of my core gameplans.

Darrius IS cool but the 100% meter thing is just too much, imo, for it to be anything more than highly situational which is unfortunately not something I feel Scorp can afford. I feel I personally need something I can use often and spontaneously. Something like Darrius that I can use like once a round (twice if it is a long round) or Jax that requires such a perfect setup you almost need the opponent to be cooperating with you to land it? I dunno I probably just don't have the skills for that kind of stuff.
Yeah the Jax reset is probably not worth investing time into. If we knew for a fact that it’d stay in the game, it would be. But even then, it’s such a precise reset, as I said, literally frame perfect, that doing this consistently would take literally weeks of doing this same combo over and over for like at least a couple hrs a day. And since NRS doesn’t like Scorpion having ANY dirt whatsoever, this is likely not going to last in the game very long even though it should stay. Only reason I think it should stay is because Scorpion is awful, has no dirt, AND this is by far the hardest combo in the game AND it can only be done in the corner.

Anyway, aside from that, I was trying to find other ways for Jax to be a good Kameo choice for Scorpion outside of this and idk, I couldn’t figure out anything else that was that good. Maybe there’s a good Scorpion player out there that uses Jax that I could x copy but hardly anyone even uses Scorpion, let alone with Jax.

As far as Darrius, yeah, his Kameo attack costing 100% Kameo meter is a huge downside to him in general. I really hope he gets buffed to where it only uses 60-70% of the Kameo meter. That’s still a lot but it’s much better than 100%. But, getting a meaty 30% off of a throw is really good especially for Scorpion like I said. But maybe there’s other Kameo’s that can allow Scorpion to combo off his back throw that are much cheaper, I’ll have to continue trying out new Kameos to see.

Mahjunia

Noob
Hello, so I'm not even a high level player at MK, but I love to lab and Scorp is actually pretty fun to play tbh and I'm learning him at the moment.

Sektor is not a bad idea, but thing is that rockets aren't safe enough for example making db2 safe or b3 or even f32.

Have you guys tried Goro? Makes b3 safe and combo-able but has hard timing, f32 and db2 are completely safe? seems better than Stryker but it's slower in terms of recharge and loses the mixups that Stryker has with u Kameo and normal Kameo call.

I'm also labbing with Tremor and at the moment it doesn't seem strong but has things for example Atershock uKameo call makes f3 a little bit more "safe" and launcher unless they armor, shennanigans with Metallic bKameo call and then instant air tp and Crystalline gives out the armor. But as I said, not strong at all and the gameplay is completely different.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hello, so I'm not even a high level player at MK, but I love to lab and Scorp is actually pretty fun to play tbh and I'm learning him at the moment.

Sektor is not a bad idea, but thing is that rockets aren't safe enough for example making db2 safe or b3 or even f32.

Have you guys tried Goro? Makes b3 safe and combo-able but has hard timing, f32 and db2 are completely safe? seems better than Stryker but it's slower in terms of recharge and loses the mixups that Stryker has with u Kameo and normal Kameo call.

I'm also labbing with Tremor and at the moment it doesn't seem strong but has things for example Atershock uKameo call makes f3 a little bit more "safe" and launcher unless they armor, shennanigans with Metallic bKameo call and then instant air tp and Crystalline gives out the armor. But as I said, not strong at all and the gameplay is completely different.
I have not tried Goro with Scorpion yet. I was using Kameo Scorpion for awhile, which I still think is a decent Kameo for main character Scorpion. But I’ve been recently using Stryker. I think he works really well with Scorpion. I have a couple videos with Scorpion + Stryker. One is a combo video that also has Sareena in it, the other one is me kinda explaining a key strategy with the pair and also showing some stuff you can do against Johnny Cage.

Here’s the Stryker strat discussion video:

And here’s the combo video:

I’m also working on some more combos and setups that I think are gonna be pretty juicy!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm not sure about "completely safe," as I have had opponents either duck or armor Goro just as Scorpion's Death Spin (DB2) finishes. But it could be a consequence of me mis-timing Goro's input, I'm not sure.

I didn't think about using him to cover F3 2, though. Perhaps I should try that.

B3 turning into a safe launcher with Goro definitely checks out. Combos I've done with this include the following:

B3, Summon Goro, Spear (BF1), F3 2, F3 2, 1 Spear
B3, Summon Goro, 1 Spear (BF1), F3 2, 4 Spear

Both are meter-less and do like around 30%'ish. Second combo must be done at close range.

Only downsides are that you lose 50 health and Goro's Kameo meter is slow to refill, but it's worth it to have a mix-up in which they must duck to avoid Goro's high attack but risk getting opened up by his Back+Kameo input, which is an overhead grab that launches. That in turn must be blocked high, which then forces them to hold the high attack. And then you have an unblockable stomp that can be positioned at one of three ranges.

Throw Scorpion's B3 on top of all of that and oh my Lord.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Post patch, I think Motaro is a good choice for Scorpion. Been working on some stuff. But one of the cooler things is being able to get 40%+ meterless. And just the combos in general are super fun and somewhat unique. Plus his new tailshot buff helps a lot. Gonna be uploading a video about the team soon.