What's new

Kameo Issues

I have lots of trouble getting the correct Kameo inputs in match. I mainly use Motaro and even after around 500 games 20% of the time I still get teleported when I am trying to do tail turret. I am very aware of this happening to me, so I make extra sure to input it correctly, sometimes trying to hold down the direction before hitting the kameo button, and I often find myself teleporting instead and getting punished for it, its very frustrating. I understand not timing an assist properly in a combo and the ambush comes out instead, but this is at full screen neutral, no other inputs and I am rolling the dice every time I go for it. I am starting to wonder if things like this would happen less if I was required to have a direction for every kameo attack, so it did not default to whatever is just R1. Is this anyone else experience?

I also have other weird experiences with Motaro, sometimes he will miss my teleport even if I am not moving. I have always been baffled by this and then the other day I saw him take a hit while full screen, and cancel the animation, only thing is there were no projectiles or anything. I now wonder if somehow he is registering a phantom hit and it throws off my ambush. You can hear the sound of armor breaking. Just curious if anyone is having the same strangeness ever?

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I have lots of trouble getting the correct Kameo inputs in match. I mainly use Motaro and even after around 500 games 20% of the time I still get teleported when I am trying to do tail turret. I am very aware of this happening to me, so I make extra sure to input it correctly, sometimes trying to hold down the direction before hitting the kameo button, and I often find myself teleporting instead and getting punished for it, its very frustrating. I understand not timing an assist properly in a combo and the ambush comes out instead, but this is at full screen neutral, no other inputs and I am rolling the dice every time I go for it. I am starting to wonder if things like this would happen less if I was required to have a direction for every kameo attack, so it did not default to whatever is just R1. Is this anyone else experience?

I also have other weird experiences with Motaro, sometimes he will miss my teleport even if I am not moving. I have always been baffled bu this and then the other day I saw him take a hit while full screen, and cancel the animation, only thing is there were no projectiles or anything. I now wonder if somehow he is registering a phantom hit and it throws off my ambush. Just curious if anyone is having the same strangeness ever?
What is your controller options setting? Release check alternative inputs etc?

No alternatives, release check is off, timing is short.

I added a video to the first about the warp cancel
Do you have "Input Shortcuts" ON?
If you press down it can sometimes input D+F or D+B and that's enough to input F+R1 or B+R1 instead of D+1
Because the D-Pad is completely connected and not individual buttons it can input other diagonal directions and whatever is input lasted is registered as the input. Like if you press D and it also gets D+F then F at last second it will input F instead of D.
I have this issue with Sub Zero going from Backdash, wavedash into D1 or string into D1. It registers im pressing D+F even though I'm just pressing D+1 and that gets inputted as DF1 (Ice Ball which is 39f startup) point blank in their face!
If so take input Shortcuts off or find a way to adjust how you input D like I'm doing or:
Go to Battle Beaver Customs to get a custom D-Pad mod that has all 4 directional buttons individual with new gel holder:
It's only $12

To confirm this you go into practice mode and put button log on and recreate it. Try doing Backdash into D1 5x in a row and see if any diagonal inputs is logged and post video if you need to, I'll know

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah there’s definitely something weird that happens with Kameo inputs sometimes. It happens in matches online and offline, and also happens in training mode. And I have no idea what causes it, it’s almost like a dropped input. As in, the game just doesn’t recognize a certain input you do. I’ll try to get some examples of this and maybe test why exactly it happens. Essentially the issue is that you’ll occasionally get, for example, a neutral Kameo attack instead of b+Kameo, or f+Kameo. And it’s not that I just made an execution error, because you can turn on inputs and see that you clearly pressed b+Kameo but it either ignores BOTH button presses, or ignores the directional input. This happens at least on the PS5 with a PS5 controller. Maybe it’s different for Xbox or PC, no idea.