What's new

Kabal vs Kung Lao

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
-Controlling the distance vs kabal is tough, and I'm pretty sure a low iagb will stuff f3

-Can KL whiff a divekick on reaction to buzzsaw for a whiff punish? I'm sure the spacing and timing is tight.
This stuff should be tested. It all depends on the hurtbox/hitbox/whatever you call it

I just input the spin right after f3 when you i see the opponent airborne because either you hit your opponent with the f3 spin or you get hit by a fireball which shouldnt be too much of a problem when youre grounded. its kind of an option select thing, because they wont be blocking the spin because they are airborne.

and because of that they will be careful about throwing out instant air fireballs in f3 range which gives you the option to get in by jumping or dashing and make them guess.

Not even if they're airborne?
pretty sure its not, but like I said if you f3 spin them airborne they will get hit, the worst case scenario is getting hit by a single fireball.

btw except for if you whiff f3 they can whiff punish that but you shouldnt be whiffing f3 anyway because you need to be at a certain range to be sure to hit them airborne.

Lulzlou

Noob
pretty sure its not, but like I said if you f3 spin them airborne they will get hit, the worst case scenario is getting hit by a single fireball.
Keep in mind that the fireball does do a lot of damage and leaves you staggered. I suggest you have a kabal player to practice with and tell him to spam iagb so you can get the spacing and timing down.

Like I said before, I'll help anyone with the kabal match up on psn or at tournaments I go to.

Keep in mind that the fireball does do a lot of damage and leaves you staggered. I suggest you have a kabal player to practice with and tell him to spam iagb so you can get the spacing and timing down.

Like I said before, I'll help anyone with the kabal match up on psn or at tournaments I go to.
one fireball is below 10 % if youre grounded u just block the rest of them if youre staggered. youre not gonna roll if you dont expect the hit anyway. also people tend to mess up their instant air fireballs a bit if you get closer, they kind of panic.

Lulzlou

Noob
also people tend to mess up their instant air fireballs a bit if you get closer, they kind of panic.
You can't rely on the execution of your opponent. When you run into a Kabal player that has it down perfectly, which you will eventually, you wont be free to do what you want like that.

Don't judge the MU on average kabals.

Death

Noob
Dont do Low hats becuase its -12 and Kabal will get a free F4 Combo. Also be very unpredictable with tele 3. Kabal can D+1 combo you into reset. Whiff dive kicks isnt a good idea in this MU either because Kabal can iAGB then nomad dash. Your best bet is to try and play footsies and tele 3 iAGB on reaction. Youll get 9% and kick him away. You want to build meter in this MU. Dont randomly throw out EX tele etc. Save meter for X-ray because like Used for glue said you limit everything Kabal does when you have x-ray. Keep in mind, KL x-ray is 6 frames, it AA's, has armor, Its safe on block with pushback and leads to 50%. Its dangerous vs anybody. Interrupt Kabals NDC with his standing 2. 2 is 7 frames and can lead to over 40% with 1 bar. Best bet is to 21212 hitconfirm with spin. You can spin on ever 21212 except the last 2. This is deadly vs Kabals NDC and its safe and builds meter.

You can't rely on the execution of your opponent. When you run into a Kabal player that has it down perfectly, which you will eventually, you wont be free to do what you want like that.

Don't judge the MU on average kabals.
even if they have it perfect its still just one fireball+ stagger, youre not getting hit airborne so its not the worst case scenario. you will give kabal the chance to start his offense but you need to make use of f3 and make the kabal player aware of that option.

Lulzlou

Noob
between the NDC? or just in general
In general
F3~ndc is 0 on block (13 frame start up)
F32~ndc is +2 on block
B1~ndc is +1 on block (13frame start up)
B12~ndc is +2 on block
2~ndc is +9 (9 frame start up)
f4~ndc is -5 (9 frame start up)
3~ndc is +3 (17frame start up)
111~ndc is +8 (13 frame start up)
11b4~ndc is +1

also b121 is 0 on block

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
In general
F3~ndc is 0 on block (13 frame start up)
F32~ndc is +2 on block
B1~ndc is +1 on block (13frame start up)
B12~ndc is +2 on block
2~ndc is +9 (9 frame start up)
f4~ndc is -5 (9 frame start up)
3~ndc is +3 (17frame start up)
111~ndc is +8 (13 frame start up)
11b4~ndc is +1

also b121 is 0 on block
Is this stickied anywhere in the Kabal forums or is this just general knowledge to you guys?

I only knew the 111, 2 F4 and F3 frame advantages

Lulzlou

Noob
Is this stickied anywhere in the Kabal forums or is this just general knowledge to you guys?

I only knew the 111, 2 F4 and F3 frame advantages
Frame data, you subtract the shortest duration of ND which is 17frames from the cancel advantage frames
http://testyourmight.com/threads/kabal-frame-data.9693/

General Strategy using ndc
http://testyourmight.com/threads/nomad-dash-cancel-strategy.12964/

F0xy's thread about fighting ndc
http://testyourmight.com/threads/understanding-how-to-fight-against-ndcs.17623/page-6#post-392073

Reo's videos

Lulzlou

Noob
Lulzlou you know, i might just give Kabal a try tomorrow. pretty interesting stuff.
Best advice is to learn him by frame data and watching a few videos and stream. Reading stuff wont do well unless you are that type of learner. It is based too much on theory imo so its better to figure shit out yourself.

He isn't too hard pick up in terms of execution. It takes practice and time, lots of it. The only hard part about kabal is using all of his tools in a match. That is why you see most spam iagb/saw and can't do shit up close. In casuals put yourself in situations you aren't comfortable and you'll get the hang out it, that is what I did.

Edit; Wait did you mean fight kabal or pick him up?