What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Axel_Redd, yes you can't wake up against this it'll destroy the opponants wake-ups (DS has it more mildly there are some wake-ups you can't OTG),

and no it's not asap, it has to be timed precisely, that's why I said it HAS to be done on the EXACT frame or it won't work. Figure out the animation, it's right before the knocked down character is about to stand up.
is there a video of this?

Breaker

~AKUMA~
no cause you have to be knocked down, like you can't do B121 when the guy hits the ground you dash up and do it again. It only works off the Sweep.

Axel_Redd

no cause you have to be knocked down, like you can't do B121 when the guy hits the ground you dash up and do it again. It only works off the Sweep.
i know, but couldn't you do the otg, land an f4 spin so their standing, then do the sweep otg again?

Breaker

~AKUMA~
yeas sure aside the fact that it would SO LAME you'd probably get punched in the face lmao, you forgot about breaker, so in MK the most important infinite is block infinite cause you get jailed, who has one...Kuh-Bawl... but REO already explained how to escape it if it ever happens to you.

Axel_Redd

yeas sure aside the fact that it would SO LAME you'd probably get punched in the face lmao, you forgot about breaker, so in MK the most important infinite is block infinite cause you get jailed, who has one...Kuh-Bawl... but REO already explained how to escape it if it ever happens to you.
yeah but the block infinite isnt guaranteed because it has to be perfect everytime and then the hitboxes can shift too. And in that case imma try and get that sweep stuff down so i can actually do the infinite :D lololol.

Axel_Redd

i tried that otg with the computer set to roll....it escaped it every time, and just to make sure i knew i was hitting it before i had the computer set to always block high.

So I just started playing this game/character last night. Picked him due to the obvious similarities with cyborg. His zoning feels very at home with me I just have to learn how to pressure and defend lol

Question: is 2 ndc repeated actually a block infinite? I can do it pretty easily (on a hitbox) but I keep getting uppeecutted :(

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I have thousands of games under my belt with Kabal, I can play pretty decent with him but I have a hect of a time with crossups. I know about the jump straight up and punch. The jump back and kick and jump straight up and kick, but I can't seem to get those out against a real good player that get their combos started with crossups. I would just stand and block till I figure out how and when to get the fluck in. I try to uppercut but that doesn't get in, as soon as I release the block I get punished. That is one of my weakness in this game. I believe you can dash as soon as he jumps but I haven't had much practice with that. Any suggestion?
Xbox or PS3?

YouTube Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/mrgotmerked
YouTube Clan Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv

Sent from my Brain via Tapatalk chip. Ding!

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Does anyone sometimes sacrifice their combo for an NDC string after your opponent is spun, to see if they're still holding block? Sometimes you can catch them not blocking and get another launch.

For example, if you did B1,2, ND, jip, B1,2,NDC, B1,2,1 (launch).

True Grave

Does anyone sometimes sacrifice their combo for an NDC string after your opponent is spun, to see if they're still holding block? Sometimes you can catch them not blocking and get another launch.

For example, if you did B1,2, ND, jip, B1,2,NDC, B1,2,1 (launch).
Lately I've been playing similar to that. Anytime I catch them with a grounded dash ill b12 NDC then 2ndc into b12ndc or f32 NDC. The 2 on b12 is a stun (I'm sure you know) so it leaves you ahead of the game. I've been liking that playstyle better than just full combos and iAGBs. The new 2013 Kabal.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Mr Got Merked - I, just like you, try to be different with my playstyle than the usual Kabal play. Doing uppercut combos etc haha. I once tried a 'no reset' playstyle with Kabal, too :)

True Grave

Shadow316 aside from the slight delay in online, I've got some stupid corner combos. Mostly for trolling/fanciness and meter building. B121, iAGB, iAGB, b121, iAGB, f4ND, then ill finish one of two ways...crossover gas blast, b121, f4 or after the f4ND ill do 5-7 fast NDCs, then continue pressure in hopes of them blocking.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Mr Got Merked - Currently watching your latest Youtube video, noticed you doing what you mentioned in your post with the B1,2 NDC, 2 NDC.
I love watching people doing constant fast NDC's in a row, looks awesome !

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Something else I've been doing a lot more lately is the sweep/2,1,2 NDC setup, catches people out so many times.

True Grave

Shadow316 thanks for watching. Some of them I play bad in as far as combos but I've been tightening up on some problem areas. My f4nd wouldn't go through at times but its all good now.

I've been messing with a bad setup but it throws the new comers off is after a f32ndc, if they unblock and 2 hit confirms and you do the ndc...do two or three (try it out) and you'll be on the other side of then and in certain fast wake-ups his flash parry works (tech reo found, doc showed it)

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
So I just started playing this game/character last night. Picked him due to the obvious similarities with cyborg. His zoning feels very at home with me I just have to learn how to pressure and defend lol

Question: is 2 ndc repeated actually a block infinite? I can do it pretty easily (on a hitbox) but I keep getting uppeecutted :(
It takes 1 frame to duck in this game and if you're not holding block while you duck your hitbox is smaller. Crouching non-blocking hitboxes don't get hit by the 2NDC, that's why people are able to duck the 2 and uppercut. When you uppercut you keep the smalling crouch non blocking hitbox. Most characters can just duck block and still make 2ndc whiff. The characters that can't like freddy kenshi liu sheeva, have to take risks everytime to try and break out of pressure. Usually what you wanna do after a f4 reset, you wanna do a 2 ndc. The 2 hits because you hit them when they are in hit stun animation from the f4. For characters that can duck block and make 2 whiff, follow up the 2 ndc off the reset with f32 or b121 strings. They have to respect the next attack after 2ndc so you can mix it up with grab or a string into low/overhead. Some characters like kung lao, jax sektor can all duck the first hit of b121 so u have to be careful using that string as well.

Hello from Ukraine everyone , guys ! First of all i want to excuse about my bad english. I started playing mk9 , and fightings at all , for a month ago and i decided to play kabal, and got some troubles. Ive already learned how to perform bnb combos mentioned above and some corner combos but i stuck with ndc pressure. The problem comes from b1 b12 ndc after any type of NDC , it could be b1 ndc b1 ndc , or f32 ndc into b1 ndc, i always get gas blasted because of negative edge, i suppose. I've read the whole topic , and i found an explanation of this, but its very hard for me to understand, i will appreciate if someone could explain it to me in a bit easier way. Thank you all !!!