What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
F3, 2 NDC is usually interruptable and predictable if you face someone who is familiar with the frame data. They will low poke you if you keep on using it. But thats when you do the buzzsaw and tornado slam.
That's not what I meant, I was asking if

f,3, 2, bf,4, bb 3 is interruptable. It's different than f3,2 bb3. It gives you more meter and tricks the opponent because they can't really tell if you're going into a blockstring or cancelling the nomad dash into a buzzsaw or tornado slam.

Lulzlou

Noob
That's not what I meant, I was asking if

f,3, 2, bf,4, bb 3 is interruptable. It's different than f3,2 bb3. It gives you more meter and tricks the opponent because they can't really tell if you're going into a blockstring or cancelling the nomad dash into a buzzsaw or tornado slam.
F32ndc is only +3 so the only thing that works is saw. If you choose to do a saw after a ndc then a poke may beat it out depending on the timing on both ends.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
F32ndc is only +3 so the only thing that works is saw. If you choose to do a saw after a ndc then a poke may beat it out depending on the timing on both ends.
thanks for replying.

I do not think you people understand this. There's two ways of cancelling a nomad dash, either by inputting back + block, or by cancelling it to another special (buzzsaw, tornado slam, gas blast, etc).

I want to know if doing f+3,2, Nomad dash, buzzsaw is interruptable. It is different from f3, nomad dash, back + block, buzzsaw.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
thanks for replying.

I do not think you people understand this. There's two ways of cancelling a nomad dash, either by inputting back + block, or by cancelling it to another special (buzzsaw, tornado slam, gas blast, etc).

I want to know if doing f+3,2, Nomad dash, buzzsaw is interruptable. It is different from f3, nomad dash, back + block, buzzsaw.
i do that kinda stuff all the time when im trying to make my way in.

Alright after practicing here and there, my Kabal is shaping up ok. It's not the best, I scarcely play real time, but my execution is getting there.

I wanted to know what's the good anti-air? I've figured some on my own and read that "EX Dash" is your anti air, but, I'd rather not use meter that often. Other characters have normal anti-airs.

So far I've figured out to do 2ndc x2 or 3 into F4 ND.

I was wondering how viable is it and how viable is it to do B1 NDC, 2NDC into F4 ND?

Also, I don't get frame data, I look at it, just to see how fast my moves are but other characters and such w/e, I don't care for this game too look that hardcore into it at this point and time.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Alright after practicing here and there, my Kabal is shaping up ok. It's not the best, I scarcely play real time, but my execution is getting there.

I wanted to know what's the good anti-air? I've figured some on my own and read that "EX Dash" is your anti air, but, I'd rather not use meter that often. Other characters have normal anti-airs.

I was wondering how viable is it and how viable is it to do B1 NDC, 2NDC into F4 ND?

Also, I don't get frame data, I look at it, just to see how fast my moves are but other characters and such w/e, I don't care for this game too look that hardcore into it at this point and time.
Standing 2 is his best normal AA. Standing 4 is good but you have to do it a bit earlier. B1 and F4 are decent AA in some situations, but really your better off going with 2 or ex dash.

Skitzo

Noob

2 is best, but you got to remember you're playing Kabal. Nothing beats EX Dash, & you'll probably build that bar right back up after you reset them. It's like Pig says about Kenshi, he'll EX SC you all day because he knows he'll build that bar back.

& the extra ndc after 2 in your bnb is not worth it imo

&& what's there to get?

2 is best, but you got to remember you're playing Kabal. Nothing beats EX Dash, & you'll probably build that bar right back up after you reset them. It's like Pig says about Kenshi, he'll EX SC you all day because he knows he'll build that bar back.

& the extra ndc after 2 in your bnb is not worth it imo

&& what's there to get?
I don't know, I don't get it, well for other characters, I just play by instinct really. Like "when to poke out" etc, that's why I kind just get blown up for letting go of block or just end up blocking all day in fear of getting blown up. I know my characters at a basic level, but, don't really look much into it.

I also wanted to know, sometimes my F4 into NDC doesn't come out I don't know why, after my BnB usually, I can do it fine grounded.

Also, after F4 NDC, trying to go for 2ndc pressure, 2 always whiffs...

Skitzo

Noob
I don't know, I don't get it, well for other characters, I just play by instinct really. Like "when to poke out" etc, that's why I kind just get blown up for letting go of block or just end up blocking all day in fear of getting blown up. I know my characters at a basic level, but, don't really look much into it.

I also wanted to know, sometimes my F4 into NDC doesn't come out I don't know why, after my BnB usually, I can do it fine grounded.

Also, after F4 NDC, trying to go for 2ndc pressure, 2 always whiffs...
I see it all as math really. I wish I could explain to you how I get it but I just connect the numbers basically.

You are probably doing the ndc input to quick or slow & for sure you're not being fast enough on the 2ndc after reset.

I see it all as math really. I wish I could explain to you how I get it but I just connect the numbers basically.

You are probably doing the ndc input to quick or slow & for sure you're not being fast enough on the 2ndc after reset.
When you reset them they kind of duck down and it whiffs.

Skitzo

Noob
When you reset them they kind of duck down and it whiffs.
Yeah I know you mean, I'm practicing to see what you're having trouble with. Now, the only way I'm getting this is by doing 2 immediately after you reset them, which isn't the way to do it because as you can see, the hitstun animation makes it whiff.

You kind of have to let the animation go for a bit, just till they're about to get grounded to block.

K7L33THA , maybe you can chime on this.

I know the situation, I just can't explain it well

Lulzlou

Noob
You have to cancel the dash and let kabal do that flailing animation then you hit 2. You'll know you did it right when the blocked 2 counts towards the combo.

Skitzo

Noob
You have to cancel the dash and let kabal do that flailing animation then you hit 2. You'll know you did it right when the blocked 2 counts towards the combo.
The 2 comes out in hit count? Since when? Or better yet, what do you mean by that last part?

Skitzo

Noob
since forever lol
b121 b1ndc 2ndc 2 f4nd b121 2 f4ndc 2 is 41%
and my jump kick combo in the corner is 45%
This isn't making any sense to me. I've always done it correctly & it never adds the hit.

I count 15 hits with jp's included & the actual nd, I just tested this out & the count still says 15.

You are the first that I've seen to say that.

Maybe you can post a vid?

Lulzlou

Noob
This isn't making any sense to me. I've always done it correctly & it never adds the hit.

I count 15 hits with jp's included & the actual nd, I just tested this out & the count still says 15.

You are the first that I've seen to say that.
i meant it adds the damage from the blocked 2. The actual counter is the same

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Axel_Redd. B4 to Sweep (Kabal as the fastest Sweep in the game) dash up, at the exact frame that the character is going to get up, engage B121, they will get OTGed into a B121 combo starter.

Ji2,B121,Njp (whiff gas blast for meter gain), F3 NDC, B121, B121, B121, F4 Nomad Dash, cross over Ji2, B121, F3 groundsaw. 45% Corner, no meter. You can end with F4 and continue pressure with 2NDC for 1% less damage.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Axel_Redd. B4 to Sweep (Kabal as the fastest Sweep in the game) dash up, at the exact frame that the character is going to get up, engage B121, they will get OTGed into a B121 combo starter.

Ji2,B121,Njp (whiff gas blast for meter gain), F3 NDC, B121, B121, B121, F4 Nomad Dash, cross over Ji2, B121, F3 groundsaw. 45% Corner, no meter. You can end with F4 and continue pressure with 2NDC for 1% less damage.
so wait that tech, does it stop wakeups? and do u have to do the b121 asap?

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Axel_Redd, yes you can't wake up against this it'll destroy the opponants wake-ups (DS has it more mildly there are some wake-ups you can't OTG),

and no it's not asap, it has to be timed precisely, that's why I said it HAS to be done on the EXACT frame or it won't work. Figure out the animation, it's right before the knocked down character is about to stand up.