What's new

Strategy "Kabal is Unbeatable and MK9 IS A 1 CHARACTER GAME" - TYM 2013

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
LBSH, Kabal was obnoxious, and the game needed at least one more patch. Let's also be serious, a lot of people hate on MvC3 here because of the OP character infinites and everything else (most of which requiring a ridiculous amount of execution). Meanwhile, INJ has a bunch of OP character shit, but everyone claims that that leads to it being balanced. The entire community is just all over the place in general.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Perfectly executed 2 ndc's are a block infinite, not k7's 2 ndc.
Incorrect. It only works on standing large hitbox characters. If they try to 2ndc repeatedly, just take the hit on one then crouch since its impossible to hitconfirm a 2nd. Everyone else can poke out.

Now tell me exactly how many characters can actually punish either.
Most of the cast can punish the saw. Some can punish the overhead. DoctrineDark has a vid going through each characters punishes somewhere.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Incorrect. It only works on standing large hitbox characters. If they try to 2ndc repeatedly, just take the hit on one then crouch since its impossible to hitconfirm a 2nd. Everyone else can poke out.
Which Kabal player does nothing but consecutive 2 NDC? Only fools do. Taking the hit opens you up to hit-confirmamble launchers.

Also, this thread sucks.

coolwhip

Noob
Not that I disagree with the premise of the thread but you're showing a video from March 2012 of Cage beating Kabal when people still had no idea just how good he was (everyone knew he was top 2 or maybe the best, but nobody knew the extent. Case in point: "Jax beats Kabal" -- MK community mid-2012 to prove your point? Also, you're showing PL's 1 month shitty Kabal before he even became good with him?

There are far more recent videos that prove your point man.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
NO ONE is saying Kabal is not clearly best the best in game. But a 1 character game TYM?

Did anyone really ever say it was a one character game? Most just said it was a game dominated by Kabal (which is true to an extent) and that he's head and shoulders above every other character. Obviously, players learned how to fight him. He's not unbeatable. I don't think anyone claimed that since the facts directly refute it.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Not that I disagree with the premise of the thread but you're showing a video from March 2012 of Cage beating Kabal when people still had no idea just how good he was (everyone new he was top 2 or maybe the best, but nobody knew the extent. Case in point: "Jax beats Kabal" -- MK community mid-2012 to prove your point? Also, you're showing PL's 1 month shitty Kabal before he even became good with him?

There are far more recent videos that prove your point man.
It's the two time evo Champ using the unbeatable Kabal and Kabal gets babied in a 7-3. That's why it's shown. A KABAL BABY

Crathen

Death is my business
I don't get why you're being so bias and angry on TYM lol , you can just play the game and be happy with it , lots of 3rd Strike players do that and you don't see blaming SRK on how "they" moved on playing SFIV and UMVC3 .

Is it because you don't like having 20 man side tournaments at majors?Don't blame it on TYM , just saying.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
No one said it was a one character game, but alot of you said it was a 3 character game, which isn't much better given the roster size. The reason for not participating at a competitive level IF given the opportunity is now "I don't want to waste $10 to get bodied by the KKK". I personally think your head isn't in the right place if you think you're wasting money to sign up for a tournament. Plus that's an admission/submission to the higher powers. Idk.

coolwhip

Noob
It's the two time evo Champ using the unbeatable Kabal and Kabal gets babied in a 7-3. That's why it's shown. A KABAL BABY
He was only a 1 time evolution champion then, using his 3rd character at the time, with minimal practice. LBSH, PL's Kabal was shitty back then.

Anyway, point taken.

Last edited: