What's new

Kabal Frame Data

Somberness

Lights
Does it jail standing, then?

Also:

Are you sure it's that small? I swear I've been d3'ed in between the b1 and the 2.
It should if done perfectly, but I can't test that. All you need is when each character first recovers.
You get hit on the fifth recovery frame after blocking b1, but it hits highish so you can use something that lowers your hitbox to make the next hit miss. It's why 4 characters can d4 between Raiden's strings instead of just d1/d3.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
It should if done perfectly, but I can't test that. All you need is when each character first recovers.
You get hit on the fifth recovery frame after blocking b1, but it hits highish so you can use something that lowers your hitbox to make the next hit miss. It's why 4 characters can d4 between Raiden's strings instead of just d1/d3.
I see.. kind of :S

rafaw

#YouSuck
Ive been doing something like this:
F3~NDC B12~NDC B121 D1~Overhead...

The point is, after a blocked B121 is D1~overhead a frame trap?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Ive been doing something like this:
F3~NDC B12~NDC B121 D1~Overhead...

The point is, after a blocked B121 is D1~overhead a frame trap?
Nah, if another character has a 6 frame D1 they can beat Kabals D1, most characters will be a random trade between the 2.
Also think you can jump away or over it.

rafaw

#YouSuck
I messed up reading the frame data... ive read that b121 was +2 on block somehow!!

Checked again and its 0... then anything below 7 frames will beat it!

Ty!

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I messed up reading the frame data... ive read that b121 was +2 on block somehow!!

Checked again and its 0... then anything below 7 frames will beat it!

Ty!
The B12 ND cancel is +3 so just end with that and the d1 must be blocked.

So, did I read that right ... he still has a block infinite?
Yes, and it does jail standing. Tested with a friend last night.

It's worth learning to blockstring ( 2 NDC infinite ) ? I am having difficulties in implementing..

I think I'll continue with 1,1,1 , F+3 NDC and F+3,2 NDC among other

rafaw

#YouSuck
It's worth learning to blockstring ( 2 NDC infinite ) ? I am having difficulties in implementing..

I think I'll continue with 1,1,1 , F+3 NDC and F+3,2 NDC among other
2 NDC is infinite but its REALY hard to keep doing it for a long time... so its not pratical to do it IMO!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
2 xx NDC is soooooo good lmao. Master D did it all day vs m2dave back at Proving Grounds. While it may be a block inf, it's certainly one of the hardest ones in MK9 history to maintain.

So when I'm being pressured by Kabal NDC shenanigans, when is usually the best time to try a D1, uppercut or armored move exactly?

By playing K7, I accidentally learned that by letting myself hit by 2 after F3 (I think) I can get knockdown and appear behind Kabal. Played some other dude online (ThatGuy520) and he had me in this blocktrap, I was trying to mash my armored move but it never came out. Not sure if it's because of the input drop or because he pulled that block infinite that jails standing.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
You are correct there. If you allow Kabal to hit you with 2 after f3 you will fall and Kabal will pass by with ND. The best time to go with d1 would be after ndc. But if Kabal dose his d1 then the random begins (unless you have 6f d1 you win) if he hits you, he can perform d1~db2 or db3. Its a guessing game. He may also continue with nd or do f32 ndc, ex nd and you're fucked.
I hope that helps Hades!

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
2 xx NDC is soooooo good lmao. Master D did it all day vs m2dave back at Proving Grounds. While it may be a block inf, it's certainly one of the hardest ones in MK9 history to maintain.
Regardless of it's difficulty, is it considered acceptable or unacceptable to use this? I don't mean on a ruling standpoint; I assume if it's in the game it's fair game, but do players consider this bad sportsmanship?

REO

Undead
Regardless of it's difficulty, is it considered acceptable or unacceptable to use this? I don't mean on a ruling standpoint; I assume if it's in the game it's fair game, but do players consider this bad sportsmanship?
To get the "block infinite" you have to do two things:

1.) Cancel the nomad dash on the very first frame it can be cancelled so you are precisely at +10.

2.) Input 2 to the frame immediately afterwards so that the 9f start up hits the opponent when they are exactly at -1, thus jailing them on block.

The most practical set ups for the block infinite are off an opponent who has a large hitbox or off a JIP.

Bad sportsmanship you say? More like good fucking props to anyone who can pull off consecutive reps of just-frames in a match.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
To get the "block infinite" you have to do two things:

1.) Cancel the nomad dash on the very first frame it can be cancelled so you are precisely at +10.

2.) Input 2 to the frame immediately afterwards so that the 9f start up hits the opponent when they are exactly at -1, thus jailing them on block.

The most practical set ups for the block infinite are off an opponent who has a large hitbox or off a JIP.

Bad sportsmanship you say? More like good fucking props to anyone who can pull off consecutive reps of just-frames in a match.
Though this is a pretty legitimately difficult thing to do, it's not impossible to get down 100%. People do hard shit with consistency all the time.

Crathen

Death is my business
Though this is a pretty legitimately difficult thing to do, it's not impossible to get down 100%. People do hard shit with consistency all the time.
I agree , 2 NDC isn't hard as many says ( it's still hard to keep doing 1 frame links every half second tho ) and it's pretty dumb just being able to do a block infinite on paper so i wouldnt mind 2 NDC being +6/+7/+8 on block.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Are we at disadvantage when you wakeup nomad dash and inmediately cancel it? Why people don't do this as much?

Are we at disadvantage when you wakeup nomad dash and inmediately cancel it? Why people don't do this as much?
u should be because the only reason u ever get advantage is from cancel advantage and u arent linking it from anything so its dead frames. that being said it still a mixup if they block.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
u should be because the only reason u ever get advantage is from cancel advantage and u arent linking it from anything so its dead frames. that being said it still a mixup if they block.
but can't I absorb strings just like it was armor? I mean, is there any need to wake up ex nomad dash cancel to eat damage and punish with full combo? Wouldn't it be easier to just use regular nomad dash? (if perfectly executed)