What's new

Justin Wong wins MLG Anaheim 2014: Killer Instinct

Shout outs to Tyrant. OMG that spinal instinct, such insane pressure. Watching him made me realize how wrong I play the character. Unfortunately I think saberwulf is one of spinals worst matchups in the game. I was really pulling for Rico in this one, was disappointed when Justin sent him to losers, but that's JWong for you, he's no joke.

I hate the way this article reads..

"Next, Rico Suave faced off against MyGod (Sabrewulf) in Losers Finals resulting in a shocking 3-0 sweep by MyGod."

Shocking? MyGod is a Top 3 KI player on the boards for Saber and top 10 overall.

Give dude his credit - its not like he's just some scrub just getting off the couch.

"Next, Rico Suave faced off against MyGod (Sabrewulf) in Losers Finals resulting in a shocking 3-0 sweep by MyGod."

Shocking? MyGod is a Top 3 KI player on the boards for Saber and top 10 overall.

Give dude his credit - its not like he's just some scrub just getting off the couch.
Rico is godlike at this game. Its not shocking that he lost, but that he lost a straight 3 was indeed unexpected- even if MyGod is a top player. It was just a huge spread.

It was especially unexpected given how close Rico's set vs Jwong was considering it's the same character matchup. I was pulling for Rico but his statement that all sabers are the same, seems erroneous when you compare his sets vs JWong and Mygod.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!

I wasn't saying Rico losing to MyGod was shocking, but the fact that Rico didn't win a game...that's something nobody saw coming. Especially after the close bout that J Wong and Rico had.

That's what I meant.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
If Rico is "godlike" and lost 3-0 then what is MyGod?
Mygod is just that good bro.. I agree with you..

I think it's funny as fuck that Brady kept saying, " not bad fir an online warrior".. When mg has multiple offline placings, top ten on srk rankings annnd a Evolution medal in MK..

I guess haters GUN hate doee

GhosT

Noob
Yes tom brady knows mygod from offline and knows he placed at evo etc, we talked to brady for like 45 mins during the break before top 3 outside. I gotta ask Bill who paid him to downplay like that lol.

After watching all of Justins games from scr to grand finals its obvious he had this match planned. He flip a switch and brought pressure to MG in the mirror forcing errors. most people expected a slow start footsie mu but after initial contact justin was making sure he kept pressure.

Well played.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Any player that's anybody In KI,,,,,,, knows of mg and knows he's a threat.. Lol!! You cant lie or pretty up about what or how you said things when it was watched/ heard by everyone..

Any player that's anybody In KI,,,,,,, knows of mg and knows he's a threat.. Lol!! You cant lie or pretty up about what or how you said things when it was watched/ heard by everyone..
Very few ppl outside of of tourney guys know of MG. Many casuals who only know who's who because of streams and majors watch Grimmmz, Gutter, Level Up, Rico, PR ROG etc on their streams. They know of these guys and players like Justin Wong because of tourney results.

MG has attended NO big majors in KI. He was new to the KI major tourney scene as this was his first KI major. In almost every single precondition players had a Grimmmmz, Justin, Rico, Valle, Filthe Rich, etc all picked for top 3/top 5. Almost NO ONE not named C88 had MG picked top be in top 2 let alone beat guys like Grimmmmz and Rico. These are the opinions that were given to me when I asked MANY players and spectators for their opinion.

My point was ACCURATE! It was NOT my personal opinion of MG. I repeated the predictions and what many players have said after playing MG online. MANY times a player who has done well at majors says "Ehh.. he wouldn't do that offline. Notice he doesn't travel" after losing to MG online.

My point was correct.. MG showed up and beat many of the favorites. I can say this because guys like Grimmmz and Rico WERE FAVORITES OVER MG!!! Now you and the C88 guys may take issue with that but that was the majority of public opinion and not my own personal opinion. Its my job to talk about the upsets, predictions, and public chatter surrounding the event.

I should have said what? MG was the favorite to win because the C88 said so? MG is favored to beat Grimmmz and Rico because the C88 said so? I completely understand.. You guys support your guys HARD! You always have faith that they can win. However, your clan and the overall public opinion differ at times and this was one of them. MG was not favored to win, place top 3, or beat a lot of the top guys. Your personal C88 opinion nor my opinion that MG was very good and had a good chance to win was relevant. These guys had won majors where as MG had yet to attended one. The public opinion favored these guys for a reason. Yet, you guys take the public opinion (which it is my job to talk about during MU down times) out on me. You make it my opinion which it was not.

Last edited:

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Very few ppl outside of of tourney guys know of MG. Many casuals who only know who's who because of streams and majors watch Grimmmz, Gutter, Level Up, Rico, PR ROG etc on their streams. They know of these guys and players like Justin Wong because of tourney results.

MG has attended NO big majors in KI. He was new to the KI major tourney scene as this was his first KI major. In almost every single precondition players had a Grimmmmz, Justin, Rico, Valle, Filthe Rich, etc all picked for top 3/top 5. Almost NO ONE not named C88 had MG picked top be in top 2 let alone beat guys like Grimmmmz and Rico. These are the opinions that were given to me when I asked MANY players and spectators for their opinion.

My point was ACCURATE! It was NOT my personal opinion of MG. I repeated the predictions and what many players have said after playing MG online. MANY times a player who has done well at majors says "Ehh.. he wouldn't do that offline. Notice he doesn't travel" after losing to MG online.

My point was correct.. MG showed up and beat many of the favorites. I can say this because guys like Grimmmz and Rico WERE FAVORITES OVER MG!!! Now you and the C88 guys may take issue with that but that was the majority of public opinion and not my own personal opinion. Its my job to talk about the upsets, predictions, and public chatter surrounding the event.

I should have said what? MG was the favorite to win because the C88 said so? MG is favored to beat Grimmmz and Rico because the C88 said so? I completely understand.. You guys support your guys HARD! You always have faith that they can win. However, your clan and the overall public opinion differ at times and this was one of them. MG was not favored to win, place top 3, or beat a lot of the top guys. Your personal C88 opinion nor my opinion that MG was very good and had a good chance to win was relevant. These guys had won majors where as MG had yet to attended one. The public opinion favored these guys for a reason. Yet, you guys take the public opinion (which it is my job to talk about during MU down times) out on me. You make it my opinion which it was not.
He trains with grimmz, and all those names you mentioned, butttt, Yea,, ur right.. Anywho!!

Im looking at KI and INJ, where is your name Bill? http://rank.shoryuken.com/ :)

GhosT

Noob

2nd @ texas showdown. 3rd at evo for mk9. If third at eve in any game is an online warrior I would like to be one. I don't think anyone saying someone is favored has to do with being called an online player like it was a form of disrespect. What c88 told you to promote him winning because they said so ?

Why would you tell triforce "theres your KI player" for him to approach him if you suspect him to be an online warrior? Then go broadcast.

Interesting stuff

I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

This is not my opinion. This was MG's first major for KI. He was not favored to place above Justin, Grimmmmz, Rico, Valle, etc.. This is not my fault. MANY ppl call MG an "online warrior" in KI and MANY other games. This is not new you to C88 guys. The PUBLIC opinion was the Grimmmz was the odds on favorite to win, followed by Justin Wong and then Rico. MG defeated many of the favorites to win despite the fact that many had considered him an online warrior. It was my JOB to talk about the public chatter coming into thsi event in between match down times. PUBLIC CHATTER and NOT my chatter or my opinion. My opinion was that MG had a very good chance to land in the top 3 and even win.

Dont take this shit and make it my opinion, it wasnt.

and @Dirtylova I have had enough with your cheap shots. I was one of the best best MK9 players in the world. You go on calling me out as some avg or bad FG player all you want. BUT.. I have had success in FG's for 20 years. I know you are a big hater of mine, but come on man..