What's new

Just curious what BnBs everyone is using?

I just started messing around with Sonya not too long ago. I've played Kabal for a good while, so I really like the ability to reset a juggled opponent onto the ground to continue mixup pressure. As such, these are the combos I've been using primarily, since they end in the 112 string:

dive kick, 2, 1, cartwheel, dash, b2, 1, f2, dash, 1, dash, 1, 1, 2 = 38%

b2, 1, f2, njp, half dash, kiss, dive kick, 2, 1, cartwheel, dash, 1, dash, 1, 1, 2 = 41%

(corner) b2, 1, f2, njp, kiss, dive kick, 2, 1, cartwheel, 1, 1, 4, 1, 1, 2 = 43%

So I'm wondering how the rest of you guys see these combos? Am I picking good BnBs?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I just started messing around with Sonya not too long ago. I've played Kabal for a good while, so I really like the ability to reset a juggled opponent onto the ground to continue mixup pressure. As such, these are the combos I've been using primarily, since they end in the 112 string:

dive kick, 2, 1, cartwheel, dash, b2, 1, f2, dash, 1, dash, 1, 1, 2 = 38%

b2, 1, f2, njp, half dash, kiss, dive kick, 2, 1, cartwheel, dash, 1, dash, 1, 1, 2 = 41%

(corner) b2, 1, f2, njp, kiss, dive kick, 2, 1, cartwheel, 1, 1, 4, 1, 1, 2 = 43%

So I'm wondering how the rest of you guys see these combos? Am I picking good BnBs?
I use the same but without the dash after the b21f2. It definitely helps doing the 1 before the 112 though.

Corner, dive kick 21 cartwheel b21 Kiss B21F2 1 1 1 1 112

114 MS B2 B21 Cartwheel dash 112.

I'm actually looking for a good 114 corner combo. You can get 114 114 kiss I believe, but the timings a bit strict.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Midscreen:
DiveKick, :bp:fpxxCartwheel... MS,:l:bp... :l:bp:fp:r:bp... :bp:fpxxLegGrab = 42%
JIP, :l:bp:fp:r:bp... NJP... Dash, Kiss... DiveKick, :bp:fpxxCartwheel... :l:bp:fpxxMS, :r:fpxxLegGrab = 51%

Corner:
DiveKick, :bp:fpxxCartwheel... [:l:bp:fpxxKiss] OR [:fp:fpxxKiss]... DiveKick, :fk:fp:bkxxMS, :r:fpxxLegGrab = 52%

I'm not too much into her resets. I only do it after an AA :d:fp or after an air-to-air JIP.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I can't use kiss :p

DiveKick,2,1, Cartwheel, MS, b2 xx b2,1,f2, small dash, 112(reset)xx MS. Does about 2 or 3% less than Poto's first bnb.

Corner is about the same, only that I end it with 11, 112 or just 112 if they're falling too quickly. I reset and start with MS again.

As for easy punishment I start with the cartwheel since I'm not that experimented with Sonya yet. But boy she's fun.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Is there a specific timing on doing a Divekick into any combo? I can't seem to connect divekick to a combo. Thanks in advance guys

Is there a specific timing on doing a Divekick into any combo? I can't seem to connect divekick to a combo. Thanks in advance guys
yea ...mash it out after hitting d4 lol

seriously though, it seems like sometimes the buffer gets messed up after instant dive kicks and nothing (string and/or linked cartwheel) comes out. I've seen it happen on stream to other people as well...

I've since reverted back to using 4 after divekick instead of 21 because of this, it gives you a small increase in chance to hit confirm the cartwheel in case you got auto-corrected or for some reason it just didn't come out the first time

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
yea ...mash it out after hitting d4 lol

seriously though, it seems like sometimes the buffer gets messed up after instant dive kicks and nothing (string and/or linked cartwheel) comes out. I've seen it happen on stream to other people as well...

I've since reverted back to using 4 after divekick instead of 21 because of this, it gives you a small increase in chance to hit confirm the cartwheel in case you got auto-corrected or for some reason it just didn't come out the first time
I'm glad it's not just me. I played in training for an hour or so and just didn't understand the timing at all. I'll try the 4 instead until I get a feeling for the timing

I had trouble with linking the dive kick to anything at all as well other than her 44. It's really discouraging, I don't think I'll be able to do it online at all if I happen to even master the timing in training mode..

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
It doesn't seem possible to input dk 21 cartwheel too fast so just keep plugging away until its muscle memory. Start the dk a little higher to begin so you can 'dial in' the rest.

You want it so you've already hit 1 before u land.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Just press :bp:fp IMMEDIATELY after the DiveKick input. Don't wait for hit confirmation or anything. Just press the buttons! Everytime you want to do a DiveKick, do it like this: :d:bk:bp:fp. If they block, nothing unusual will happen. If it hits, you'll get a free combo every single time.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Just press :bp:fp IMMEDIATELY after the DiveKick input. Don't wait for hit confirmation or anything. Just press the buttons! Everytime you want to do a DiveKick, do it like this: :d:bk:bp:fp. If they block, nothing unusual will happen. If it hits, you'll get a free combo every single time.
I'm a BRAND new Sonya player, so I have to ask probably a stupid question: Isn't her divekick unsafe? Like CSZs? Or am I riding the short bus here?

Either way, yes, I was attempting to hit confirm it. Thanks for that tip, I'll do that from now on

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Seems as most of her combos off of 114 all do roughly the same amount of damage it looks like its best to do whatever one has the most special moves/MS moves so you can build the most meter

114 MS B2 B21 Cartwheel Dash 112 MS midscreen 28% Gauranteed 34% on block with Cartwheel
114 114 kiss DK 21 Carthweel 1 1 1 112 MS corner 31% Gauranteed 37% on block with F1 Cartwheel

B21F2 NJP Dash (halfcircle) Kiss, DK 21 Cartwheel B21F2 112 MS Midscreen 45% Gauranteed 51% on block with F1 Cartwheel
B21F2 NJP Dash (halfcircle) Kiss, DK 21 Cartwheel 1 112 MS Midscreen 41% Gauranteed 47% on block with F1 Cartwheel (do this if you dont want to risk the chance of dropping the other one)

DK 21 Cartwheel MS B2 B21F2 112 MS Midscreen 40% + MS Mixup Gauranteed 46% on block with F1 Cartwheel
DK 21 Carthweel B21 Kiss B21F2 1 1 1 1 112 Corner 45% + MS Mixup Gauranteed 51% on block with F1 Cartwheel

Just started learning Sonya today... and I gotta say out of the 4 characters I know best (Kitana, Shang, Sub, Kung Lao) Sonyas combos are the hardest and most frustrating to master.

Right now the main combo I've gotten down in Training is :

Dive kick~21~Cartwheel, dash, b21f1, 21~ex. Leg Grab = 41%

Next I plan on learning the b21f1, MS b2 starter combo that Poto posted, and then a corner bnb...

I really wish that b21f1's input was easier, if it was 224 or 221 instead, I think alot more people would be using the Lt.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Yeah, don't smash out the buttons. B+2,1,F+2 ain't that strict actually. Just do it nice and gentle, it'll come off.

The tricky part on her combos is the fact that it starts really fast to get the DK to connect to 2,1 and then you have to slow down your timing for the MS and the b+1,1,f+2, then change your timing once again for the 112 xx MS if you're going for the reset (which is what I'd suggest)

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
DK 21 Cartwheel MS B2 B21F2 112 MS Midscreen 40% + MS Mixup Gauranteed 46% on block with F1 Cartwheel
How do I get the MS b2? Cartwheel doesn't cancel into it so I'm always going into military stance straight away mashing B2 and the shoulder charge usually comes out.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

I cannot land the 112 combo ender for the life of me. I usually whiff because I'm slow (first lab session tonight), but the times i land 11, the 2 whiffs at the end. I haven't landed the 21 leg grab yet.. but possibly in time. At this moment I can only land an uppercut lol.

Do people really do jip-DK-combo starter consistently?

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
How do I get the MS b2? Cartwheel doesn't cancel into it so I'm always going into military stance straight away mashing B2 and the shoulder charge usually comes out.
I found that when you do military stance, you can't just hold back and press 2. You have to let go of 2 then press it again. Maybe it's a bad habit, but this works for me and feels pretty natural. I'm pressing db2 then db2 again.

Anyway, just wanted to post in this thread to say that it inspired me to give Sonya another go. Tried her a few months back but couldn't really work her out (she has so many tools!) but having some combos thrown in front of me (specifically foxy grampa's post) has made it all make a bit more sense. She's really fun, but I would say definitely one of the more technical characters so I don't know how far I'll get, but I'm well up for trying a while and seeing how I get on! Cheers guys, really helpful stuff in this thread!

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro

I cannot land the 112 combo ender for the life of me. I usually whiff because I'm slow (first lab session tonight), but the times i land 11, the 2 whiffs at the end. I haven't landed the 21 leg grab yet.. but possibly in time. At this moment I can only land an uppercut lol.

Do people really do jip-DK-combo starter consistently?
Try 1, dash, 112. this should let them drop a little to make the 2 connect.

The JiP~DK21 isn't actually that difficult. Just start the JIP a little higher than usual. Its not very practical as nothing can be hit confirmed and you'll give them an easy punish on block.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I found that when you do military stance, you can't just hold back and press 2. You have to let go of 2 then press it again. Maybe it's a bad habit, but this works for me and feels pretty natural. I'm pressing db2 then db2 again.

Anyway, just wanted to post in this thread to say that it inspired me to give Sonya another go. Tried her a few months back but couldn't really work her out (she has so many tools!) but having some combos thrown in front of me (specifically foxy grampa's post) has made it all make a bit more sense. She's really fun, but I would say definitely one of the more technical characters so I don't know how far I'll get, but I'm well up for trying a while and seeing how I get on! Cheers guys, really helpful stuff in this thread!
Your avatar makes me happy. That is all

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Any tips on landing the kiss after the B21 F2 NJP? the NJP is the easy part.. and i can get the kiss out I'm just never the right difference.. how slight/far is this dash?