What's new

Question just confirming,does d4 on hit allow free 21 pressure?

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
never been punished for it,don't want any suprises.
Yes. If they try to do some special or normal they will get pwned. If they try to get away back jumping most of the time you will hit them with the 1 but the 2 won't hit.

Obviously they can try to get away with enhanced (armored) moves, but the timing must be very precise or they will get pwned too lol.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Only vs Sheeva midscreen.

Against the wall anyone.
lol amazingly this is true. If you have enough balls to just duck Sub after he hits a d4, you can uppercut out if he goes in for a 2. This is kind of like Jax f4 vs low hit box characters. must.... have.... stones!!!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lol amazingly this is true. If you have enough balls to just duck Sub after he hits a d4, you can uppercut out if he goes in for a 2. This is kind of like Jax f4 vs low hit box characters. must.... have.... stones!!!
BOULDERS!!

This is good,means i can 22 an aware unaware opponent and end with b121 for more pressure,hoho.

Panque

Random foreign guy
From my experience, parries, specially CSZ's, will work between a d4 and 21 as well.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Mid screen I use it like a tool to measure my opponents reactions. If I land a d4 and go for 21 pressure and get a rep dash or kl spin to the face etc, then ill begin the mind game follow ups to the d4. maybe just land one walk in and block to bait their follow up, or if they block after d4, throw in some 22 shenanigans. 22 on block, slight delay then run a full 22 block string. Hit confirm to freeze or 224~clone if they're still blocking. D4 is a great tool to feel out the opponent and build your pressure game around those results. Just my $0.02

Sent from Somewhere to Somewhere Else

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Mid screen I use it like a tool to measure my opponents reactions. If I land a d4 and go for 21 pressure and get a rep dash or kl spin to the face etc, then ill begin the mind game follow ups to the d4. maybe just land one walk in and block to bait their follow up, or if they block after d4, throw in some 22 shenanigans. 22 on block, slight delay then run a full 22 block string. Hit confirm to freeze or 224~clone if they're still blocking. D4 is a great tool to feel out the opponent and build your pressure game around those results. Just my $0.02

will start using 21,i stupidly do d4 214 clone or slide if it fully connects.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Personally i've always trusted 224 clone as my block string. 22 can be canceled into a bigger full combo on hit confirm that 212. Is 21 really that good? Never really tried it, but i see people talking about it everywhere.

if D+4 hits an opponent that is standing from D+4's mid to close range, sub gets a 22/22 that cannot be interrupted unless the attack has armor or is invincible. from very tip max range of D+4. the opponent can interrupt.

if D+4 hits an opponent that is crouching, the opponent can jump or interrupt with a down poke.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Personally i've always trusted 224 clone as my block string. 22 can be canceled into a bigger full combo on hit confirm that 212. Is 21 really that good? Never really tried it, but i see people talking about it everywhere.
224 clone doesn't really allow you keep pressure on. And it can be punished by quite a few members of the cast. Mixing up d4, 21, 22, throws is key to any sz pressure game. Plus off an air to air punch you can land 21~freeze, so yeah, 21 is pretty great.

Dark_Rob

Noob
224 clone doesn't really allow you keep pressure on. And it can be punished by quite a few members of the cast. Mixing up d4, 21, 22, throws is key to any sz pressure game. Plus off an air to air punch you can land 21~freeze, so yeah, 21 is pretty great.

Picking either one string or the other is foolhardy and your only limiting yourself, especially since both strings work so complimentary with each other. 2,1 is what I like to call the bait string. The whole point of it is to get your opponent to do something, anything. The important thing here is for your brain to become a mental camcorder, recording every move your opponent makes.
Lets say you do 2,1 on two seperate occasions in a round and both times your opponent downpokes you after it. This tells you your opponent has no respect for the follow up and knows you will always stop at 2,1. So the next time you go ahead and finish with 2,1,2,ice blast. Granted this is a guess if he blocks 2,1 as you cant hit confirm it, BUT his previous actions make it an EDUCATED guess. Of course it could be a super saiyan yomi bait as well but thats what breakers are for.
One of my favorites against jump happy opponents is 2,1- 2,2. Just like that. 2,1 and if blocked immediatly do 2,2. I cant tell you how manytimes Ive knocked people out of the air with that.
Another one is 2,2-2,2. This is actually an old Tom Brady one that most people dont use anymore but goddamn is it good. So many people think 2,2 is so negative on block its a free crossover jump. It is not. It aint that negative. Like most people I had stopped using this and turned to 2,1-2,1 stuff because it is less negative on block. But recently Ive started bringing it back and having good success with it. In the newest patch variety and flexibility are the spice of life with Subby
Once your 2,2 teaches them not to jump you can really pour it on. 2,1,2,1,D4,2,2(Caught you jumpin!)

Subzero really is one of those characters where the player makes the character. Guessing and reading are so much a part of his play. Ive had nights where I could do no wrong and I guess right every single time. Ive had nights where all I do is guess wrong. Trying to find that happy mental zen place in your head is the hardest thing about playing Sub. The tools are always there though.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Picking either one string or the other is foolhardy and your only limiting yourself, especially since both strings work so complimentary with each other. 2,1 is what I like to call the bait string. The whole point of it is to get your opponent to do something, anything. The important thing here is for your brain to become a mental camcorder, recording every move your opponent makes.
Lets say you do 2,1 on two seperate occasions in a round and both times your opponent downpokes you after it. This tells you your opponent has no respect for the follow up and knows you will always stop at 2,1. So the next time you go ahead and finish with 2,1,2,ice blast. Granted this is a guess if he blocks 2,1 as you cant hit confirm it, BUT his previous actions make it an EDUCATED guess. Of course it could be a super saiyan yomi bait as well but thats what breakers are for.
One of my favorites against jump happy opponents is 2,1- 2,2. Just like that. 2,1 and if blocked immediatly do 2,2. I cant tell you how manytimes Ive knocked people out of the air with that.
Another one is 2,2-2,2. This is actually an old Tom Brady one that most people dont use anymore but goddamn is it good. So many people think 2,2 is so negative on block its a free crossover jump. It is not. It aint that negative. Like most people I had stopped using this and turned to 2,1-2,1 stuff because it is less negative on block. But recently Ive started bringing it back and having good success with it. In the newest patch variety and flexibility are the spice of life with Subby
Once your 2,2 teaches them not to jump you can really pour it on. 2,1,2,1,D4,2,2(Caught you jumpin!)

Subzero really is one of those characters where the player makes the character. Guessing and reading are so much a part of his play. Ive had nights where I could do no wrong and I guess right every single time. Ive had nights where all I do is guess wrong. Trying to find that happy mental zen place in your head is the hardest thing about playing Sub. The tools are always there though.
[MENTION=9821]Dark_Rob[/MENTION] VERY well put sir. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to put the game down maining sub. But then you make that one awesome read and it's ohhhhhhh so satisfying.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Okay, never really thought of it that way. Then again ive never really been a mindgames type player. Ill try it out. Thanks Rob.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Okay, never really thought of it that way. Then again ive never really been a mindgames type player. Ill try it out. Thanks Rob.
Mind games are critical. Absolutely critical. Especially playing a balls of steel character like sub, considering EVERYONE(hyperbole) knows the sub MU so well.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
D4 from close to max range doesn't assure you of anything. Your opponent can simply walk back and whiff punish if you go for 21 or 22, so you have to be really selctive with your spacing (particularly important against JC). If I land a d4 from max range, I will almost always clone afterwards, especially against characters like Cage. If I am crouching underneath cage's 11f1, I will d4 and then pressure because I am at the range to do so.

D4 is spacing specific.