What's new

Juri HELP!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
lol... i went online... :(

Time to take a break, then back to training mode.

Dark_Rob

Noob
the thing about turtling is her projectiles kinda suck... they're slow to come out.

Also, do you have any pointers against Ken? I keep getting corner traped by the [ban incoming] and he just uppercuts me when i try to jump out.. and what's even more frustrating is that 90% of the time I have an ultra that I try to fire but it fuck up the buttons?? lol...
Are you talking about Ken in general or CPU Ken? Since up until now weve been talking about the CPU Im going to assume we still are. If hes corner trapping you and doing Shoryukens just block them as he goes up and cr.HK(sweep) him on his way down. The sweep is an untechable knockdown, which means he cant quick recover. Use that time to neutral jump into HK divekick to get your self out of the corner. Juri doesnt have a really good reversal like a Shoryuken or tiger uppercut so its better to block and punish moves like that then it is to try and beat them to the punch. Sure you can catch Ken with her ultra as hes coming down if your quick, but start simple and then work your way up to the flashy stuff. An untechable sweep followed by a HK Dive kick is alot simpler and still gets you out of the corner. In general against the CPU Ken try and stay at about 2/3 screen distance. When he throws fireballs at you neutral jump to HK divekick for free punishment. Until your better at the game its better to try and punish the CPU for its stupidity and unsafeness than it is to just go after it recklessly.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yeah, against the CPU. Very good pointers... I don't know why I didn't think of that... thanks, Rob.

Also, until I get her 2nd ultra down... I'll probably be staying offline. How do you perform her 1st ultra, it has to be timed right, I take it?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Yeah, against the CPU. Very good pointers... I don't know why I didn't think of that... thanks, Rob.

Also, until I get her 2nd ultra down... I'll probably be staying offline. How do you perform her 1st ultra, it has to be timed right, I take it?
Her Ultra 1 isnt a move in and of itself. Think of it as temporary God tier status for Juri lol. Once you activate it your ultra meter becomes a timer. During the period the Ultra is active the properties of Juris normals change, allowing her to combo nearly all of her normals(including her overhead)effortlessly. And while you dont actually "hit" this ultra and there really wouldnt be a right or wrong time to activate it, I would say a good time would be after an untechable knockdown either near or in the corner. Your opponent will be waking up to a very different Juri than the one that knocked him down lol.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Her Ultra 1 isnt a move in and of itself. Think of it as temporary God tier status for Juri lol. Once you activate it your ultra meter becomes a timer. During the period the Ultra is active the properties of Juris normals change, allowing her to combo nearly all of her normals(including her overhead)effortlessly. And while you dont actually "hit" this ultra and there really wouldnt be a right or wrong time to activate it, I would say a good time would be after an untechable knockdown either near or in the corner. Your opponent will be waking up to a very different Juri than the one that knocked him down lol.
So which one do you recommend? I use her 2nd ultra..

Also, did you see the other versions of your sig i also made?

Dark_Rob

Noob
So which one do you recommend? I use her 2nd ultra..
I have been using ultra 2 as well...its just easy as hell to combo into. But I think the possibilities Ultra 1 opens up will make it the better ultra. The combo strings that could be put together would be insane. Whether they could equal the damage output of Ultra 2 I dont know yet. Il have to check into it cuz I havent really messed with Ultra 1 yet

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I have been using ultra 2 as well...its just easy as hell to combo into. But I think the possibilities Ultra 1 opens up will make it the better ultra. The combo strings that could be put together would be insane. Whether they could equal the damage output of Ultra 2 I dont know yet. Il have to check into it cuz I havent really messed with Ultra 1 yet
also, did you see the other versions of your sig i made?

TWZTID

Noob
storms, if u time her projectile right, u can take out 2 opponent projectiles with 1 of urs. the kick motion wll take a projectile, and when they throw another, ur projectile will take that one.

BnB Combos:

cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk light or medium kick pinwheel
cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk EX pinwheel

cr.lk or cr.mk fireball store

cr.mk, lk fireball release, sweep

Those are the ones I use

Dark_Rob

Noob
BnB Combos:

cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk light or medium kick pinwheel
cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk EX pinwheel

cr.lk or cr.mk fireball store

cr.mk, lk fireball release, sweep

Those are the ones I use
Its also worth noting to some of the newer players that the last cr.lk before the pinwheel MUST be a link. You cannot cancel into a special move from a chained normal. The difference between a link and a chain can be difficult to discern at first. Basically a chain is when you cancel a normal your cutting off the recovery animation for that move and going right into the next normal.(as in the first 2 cr.lk's) Because you cannot cancel into pinwheel from a chained cr.lk you must link the last one. A link is when you dont cancel the recovery of the move, but rather the recovery time of the move PLUS the activation time of the last cr.lk is still faster than the opponents recovery from hitstun. The timing on this is crucial and most links of this nature have a one or two frame window to execute before they can block. This is one of those practice makes perfect kind of things. Links are generally harder than chains because timing and knowledge of the moves framerates are more important.