What's new

Juri HELP!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It's official... I have SSFIV but I need hardcore help with her... combos, advice on her ultras, etc... can anyone give me some pointers?

I'm loving her so far. :D

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I did her ultra once... lol, but i couldn't figure out how to do it again. The only special move i know how to do is her flip spin kick.

Yes, I am a n00b at this game...

Noob
Rob, where are you? LOL.. seriously.. Rob's Juri is damn good and he'll be able to help you with her.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Storms add me on PSN(Dark_Rob316) and we can do some Juri mirrors. Il show you some of what shes capable of. Shes a sick character with alot of great mindgame/mixup potential. Alot of her attacks are very unsafe though so theres no one trick to using her. A big part of Juri is keeping your opponent guessing. Shes a high risk/high reward character.

I highly recomend doing some of her trial challenges because some of the early ones are quite useful in game.
Heres a few I use so far.
cr.LP>st.LP>st.LK>senpusha.(senpusha is her flip/pinwheel attack, the command is QCB+k.
j.HK>cr.MK>senpusha.(This ones pretty easy.use the EX version when you have a stock of super meter)
j.MK>cr.LP>st.LP>cr.MK>senpusha.(again EX if you have meter for bigger damage.
EX shikusen>Kaisen Dankairaku.(This is her easiest combo into ultra. But its risky, if your opponent blocks the EX shikusen(divekick) your gonna eat some punishment. This is where her mindgames and mixups come in. You have to go for it when there not expecting it, or when they think something else is coming. You may have to do a few jumpins and eat a few anti airs to condition your opponent to anti air and then next time fake an air attack and go into the EX dive kick to score the ultra.)
j.MP>Shikusen>Kaisen Dankairaku.( A much harder combo into ultra because you only do a single hit divekick and have to hit the ultra very fast after juggling them. Also this combo is character specific. It wont work on character like Blanka or Hakan.Wider characters like gouken seem to only work in the corner to. This combo is kind of impractical if you ask me. I would only use it if I hit confirmed the j.MP and didnt have any meter for EX-divekicks.)

Well theres a few to get you started. But like I said add me on PSN(Dark_Rob316) and I can show you whats really up with her. I barely scratched the surface here.

EDIT: Sorry I just saw you dont even know the commands for her special moves. I will list them.

Fuhajin(fireball kick) QCF+K.(If you use light kick you shoot a fireball along the ground, medium kick shoots at a slight upwards angle. hard kick shoots one at a steeper upward angle and is great against jumpers. alot like goukens.) If you hold the kick button after doing the move you store the fireball and can release it at anytime.(this includes using it in combos.)

Senpusha(Pinwheel kick)QCB+K This is a great attack and the light kick version is very safe on block(not %100 safe, but pretty safe). The medium kick one does better damage and can still be pretty safe if spaced right.(But nowhere near as safe as light kick). the Hard kick and EX versions are for after a hit confirm and do the most damage. Also you can juggle off EX-Shikusen using the EX senpusha for nasty damage.

Shikusen(dive kick) In the air-QCB+K.(K>K>K for more hits) This is her best special move hands down. Its also the most risky. NO version is safe if you add the extra hits when blocked.If you only do the initial hit the light kick version is pretty safe. The EX version of this move juggles your opponent off an imaginary wall and can be comboed into either her EX senpusha or her Kaisen Dankairaku Ultra combo.

Kasatushi(counter move) QCB+P. This is her counter move. Make friends with it. Its a sick move. especially against jumpins and people who like to meaty you as your waking up. It doesnt counter armor breaking moves so again, mix it up. No one trick is going to get you the win with Juri. Sometimes wake up with this counter, sometimes just block, sometimes try a reversal with EX-senpusha, or try and throw(or tech a throw) on wakeup. This move is all about instinct and reading what your opponent is going to do.

Fuharenjin(super combo) QCB,QCB+K This move is actually pretty good. Especially for 2 in 1 combos from Senpusha. At midscreen use the LK or MK version. In the corner use the HK version to get the full juggle from it. Unfortunately you probably wont get to use it as much as youd like because Juri's EX moves are ESSENTIAL. But she does build meter fast so once in a while you may find yourself stocked with it. In that case I like j.HK>cr.MK>HK senpusha>2 in 1 into MK Fuharenjin.

Feng Shui engine(Ultra combo 1) QCF,QCF+PPP This is her first Ultra combo. Honestly dont worry about it for now. Though I believe it to be her better ultra. Its like a custom combo from the Alpha games It basically changes the chain and link properties of Juris normals and allows her to link and chain normals she otherwise couldnt.(including comboing off her overhead)

Kaisen Dankairaku.(Ultra 2) QCF,QCF+KKK This is the ultra you should be using for now. As I said the best way to hit it is off of EX-Shikusen. After the juggle wait till they just start to fall to initiate the ultra.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Her j.HP is an amazingly ambiguous crossup into a knockdown.

Also her Dive Kick is amazing if spaced correctly.

Altogether she's pretty fast and tricky, her fireballs are annoying as hell too.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Her j.HP is an amazingly ambiguous crossup into a knockdown.

Also her Dive Kick is amazing if spaced correctly.

Altogether she's pretty fast and tricky, her fireballs are annoying as hell too.
Very true. also get this...in the corner j.MP doesnt cross up...so you can make them think your trying to cross them up with it and then bang....j.MP>EX divekick>Ultra....and then.......ggs lol

EDIT: I tested this some more and seems to only work on large characters like Sagat. on normal characters like Ryu the EX dive kick whiffs.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
QCB/QCF? Yeah... sorry, but i don't know what that means... lol.

I am using a stick though btw.

Noob
Storms, you should spend some time in the training room.... you can bring all the moves up in the pause menu. Anyway: the next section is from the SRK wiki(both 3rd Strike and SF4)

Joystick Notation
F - Forward - Tilt stick forward/towards the opponent. (X-axis)
B - Backward/Back - Tilt stick backward/away from the opponent. (X-axis)
U - Up - Tilt stick upwards. (Y-axis)
D - Down - Tilt stick downwards. (Y-axis)
QCF - Quarter circle forward/Hadouken/Fireball - Tilt stick downwards, then to downwards and forward, then forward.
QCB - Quarter circle backward - Tilt stick downwards, then to downwards and backward, then backward.
HCF - Half circle forward - Tilt stick backwards, then to downwards and backward, then to downward, then to downwards and forward, then forward.
HCB - Half circle backward - Tilt stick forwards, then to downwards and forward, then to downward, then to downwards and backward, then backward.
DP - Dragon punch - Tilt stick forwards, then to downward, then to downward and forward. (also notation is sometimes written as: SRK)
360/FC - Full circle - Complete a full rotation of the stick.
720 - N/A - Complete a 720 degree rotation of the stick.
Charge - Hold a tilt - Hold the stick in either B or D (Depending) then move to F or U respectively.
TK - Tiger Knee, also used to represent the motion: Down/back, down, down/forward, forward, up/forward +(specific button)
FA - Focus Attack
FADC - Focus Attack Dash Cancel

Descriptors

Connectors
+: Used between two other pieces of notation to signify that they should be performed at the same time. i.e. "X" + "Y", "X" should be performed at the same time as "Y".
e.g. F + MP

-> (Sometimes > or ,): Indicates the next part of a sequence. i.e. "X" -> "Y" -> "Z", After "X" is performed, "Y" should follow, then "Z".
e.g. Dash -> Fierce Jet Uppercut

xx (Sometimes x): Used between two other pieces of notation to signify that the first should be cancelled (Interrupted earlier than it would finish otherwise) into the second. i.e. "X" xx "Y", "X" should be cancelled into "Y". Moves can be cancelled from in ascending manner in this way: Normals > Specials > Supers.
e.g. MP, HP xx SA III

~: Indicates that the preceding action should link (immediately follow with) into the next action. i.e. "X" ~ "Y", "X" should be followed immediately by "Y"
e.g. LK ~ MP ~ HP

/: Used to show when two or more options are available at that point in a sequence, invariably to show that they both produce similar if not identical results.

State Modifiers
s. - The following move should be performed in the standing position (neutral in the Y-axis). i.e. s."X", perform "X" whilst standing.
c. - The following move should be performed in the crouched position (held down in the Y-axis). i.e. c."X", perform "X" whilst crouching. (sometimes it's listed as cr. instead of c.)
j. - The following move should be performed in the "in the air" position (After having held up in the Y-axis). i.e. j."X", perform "X" whilst in the air.

Miscellaneous Notation

SA (I, II, III) - Short for "Super Art", and the number indicates which Super Art it is for each respective character.(SF3 Series only)
U (I, II) - Short for Ultra, and the number indicates which Ultra it is for each respective character.(SSF4 only)
EX - EX Special - Used to show that a special move can be "EX-ed". i.e. Two of the same appendage buttons pressed at the same time during a special motion to produce a better version of it. (Consumes Super Meter)
Twds/Twd - Towards or forward in the direction in which your character is facing.
x(Integer) - Number of times - Shows how many times that particular part of a sequence can be repeated.
xx - Cancelling a move into another, usually used for canceling a move into a super art (example: Ken mp, hpxxSA III)
Tap/Rapidly - Repeatedly press a button.
Deep/Close - How close a move is performed - When the sprites are overlapping.
Far - How close a move is performed - When the sprites aren't overlapping.
Tick - Refers to it's viability for tick throw attempts (throwing immediately after a safe attack, to confuse)
Reversal - Executing a move in the exact frame that you are granted the ability to do so.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I am actually getting a hang of everything... ultras, supers, specials, etc. Juri and Ryu look to be my mains, but I really like Juri.

Anyone know what she whispers into her opponents ear when performing her 2nd ultra?

Dark_Rob

Noob
QCB=Quarter circle back. QCF= Quarter circle foward. Also at the end of her ultra 2 she whispers "That felt good didnt it?" in her opponents ear.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
She fuckin' rocks... lol.

Bison and especially Seth are giving me the hardest time in arcade.

Noob
Watch for and predict Seth's Sonic Booms and Dhalsim arms... punish with neutral jump into dive kick then EX pinwheel. If you have EX meter, instead go for EX Dive Kick into ultra if you have it.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
i still don't fully understand her projectiles... and it sucks that they aren't full-screen.

But, i mean... her projectile only hits if her attack connects, if the attack connects the projectile misses... or am I not seeing the big picture?

Dark_Rob

Noob
i still don't fully understand her projectiles... and it sucks that they aren't full-screen.

But, i mean... her projectile only hits if her attack connects, if the attack connects the projectile misses... or am I not seeing the big picture?
You could possibly be executing the HK version which is the steepest angle fireball(which may cause it to go over there heads, especially on smaller characters. Also you can hold the fireball by keeping the kick button pressed down and then releasing it later to let the fireball go. Juri has underated zoning abilities but they are different than your typical Shoto fireball zoning tactics(Hadoken,Hadoken,Hadoken,SHORYUKEN! etc etc.)

Dark_Rob

Noob
She fuckin' rocks... lol.

Bison and especially Seth are giving me the hardest time in arcade.
It should be noted that both Phil and I are talking about the CPU on the hardest difficulty(which is still stupid easy.)

In addition to what Phil said, after scoring a knockdown on Seth walk up to just outside sweep range and go into crouch block. He most likely will wake up with his spinning machine gun kick(or the EX version if he has meter.) This is super unsafe on block and you can punish with your combo of choice.(I use c.LP>st.LP>c.MK>HK(or EX if I have meter) senpusha.)
If he wakes up with Dhalsim arms block and then do what Phil said. If at some point he uses his vaccuum move where he sucks you right near him be observant. If he just attacks you block and wait for the unsafe move to punish(and he will use an unsafe move, trust me, the CPU is retarted.) If he pause briefly, spam crouching light punch because hes going to spinning piledriver you so you need to interupt him and push him back. Turtle like this and victory over CPU seth is guaranteed. Dont worry about his ultra to much, he activates it at the most retarted times.

Bison is even easier. 99.999999% of the time he will start the match with his cr.HK slide.(VERY unsafe)Charge up a level 2 focus and let it rip right after he makes contact with your focus. Dash foward and punish with your combo of choice. From there, jump at him freely. Bisons anti air options are kind of shitty and what options he does have the CPU never uses. You can jump at him with j.HK>cr.MK>Senpusha all day long. Dont let him get away from you jump at him and just beat his ass relentlessly. If he does get away from you hes just going to start doing LK>scissor kick pressure games. Again the CPU is stupid and almost never uses the safe LK scissor kick and almost always uses the unsafe HK version.(No real Bison player would ever do this in a block string.) After the scissor stick out a cr.MK and 2 in 1 into senpusha....then start jumping at him again. Keep pressuring him this way and youl win easily...it just takes a little practice and knowing the stupid CPU patterns blindfolded.

Dark_Rob

Noob
You can hold it to make it go longer??? Rob, you're my hero. :)
No. it wont make it shoot any farther. its doesnt power up the fireball or anything. it just lets you hold onto it and release it whenever you want.This is actually a good thing to know once you understand how to use it. one trick i like to do that i used on Shock repeatedly the other night is to store a HK version and then zone with the MK and LK version. Then when he jumped Id release the HK version for the anti air. Works beautifully.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
i keep fucking up her dive kick... and Seth is an asshole. I can't beat him quite yet... I'm only on medium in CPU!! Then again... i JUST started playing SF yesterday. :(

Dark_Rob

Noob
i keep fucking up her dive kick... and Seth is an asshole. I can't beat him quite yet... I'm only on medium in CPU!! Then again... i JUST started playing SF yesterday. :(
Read over what I wrote again above. Turtle hard against Seth. If you go after him recklessly he will put you down. Dont focus so much on winning as much as focusing on seeing the patterns. Once you see the patterns and know what hes going to do before he does it beating him will be easy. Be defensive and CPU Seth will dig his own grave for you.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
the thing about turtling is her projectiles kinda suck... they're slow to come out.

Also, do you have any pointers against Ken? I keep getting corner traped by the [ban incoming] and he just uppercuts me when i try to jump out.. and what's even more frustrating is that 90% of the time I have an ultra that I try to fire but it fuck up the buttons?? lol...

oBryant

Noob
the thing about turtling is her projectiles kinda suck... they're slow to come out.

Also, do you have any pointers against Ken? I keep getting corner traped by the [ban incoming] and he just uppercuts me when i try to jump out.. and what's even more frustrating is that 90% of the time I have an ultra that I try to fire but it fuck up the buttons?? lol...
I think its a little too early to suggest this but. watch some match up videos and read match up threads on SRK.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Storms, you use her projectile, but hold down the button. Then whenever you want to you can release the button and the projectile comes out.