What's new

[June 11-13] NYC Road to EVO 2 - UMK3 to be STREAMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob
Taken from SRK: http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=222564

UPDATE - UMK3 WINNERS FINAL, LOSERS FINAL, AND GRAND FINAL WILL BE STREAMED BY TEAM SPOOKY!

Lexington Marco LaGuardia Hotel
137-07 Northern Boulevard
Flushing/LaGuardia Airport, NY 11354
Phone: 718-445-3300
www.marcolaguardiahotel.com

Room are $109/night (double beds are the same price)

For people flying in from out of state, try to fly into LaGuardia Airport because the hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the airport and hotel.

For people taking mass transit to the hotel, it's a short walk from the 7 Train. you would get off at queens bound Main street flushing (last stop)

For those driving to the venue, the hotel has on-site parking.

==============================
Games will be:

Super Street fighter 4 Teams PS3
Super Street Fighter 4 Singles PS3
Tekken 6 PS3
Tatsunoko vs Capcom WII
Melty Blood Actress Again PS2
HD Remix PS3
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike PS2
Capcom vs SNK 2 PS2
Smash Brothers Melee GAME CUBE
Smash Brothers Brawl WII
Ultimate Mortal Kombat XBOX360
Marvel vs Capcom 2 ps3
==============================

This is an odd situation, as I cannot make it to this one...and it's, AT MOST, 25 mins from me. I'll be in NJ volunteering at the NJ Special Olympics.

Anyway, they're planning on running this on Xbox 360 which, as we know is extremely limited in terms of usable controllers/sticks, and overall an inferior version of the game.

I know Shock said he wasn't making plans for this. They're running it on Sunday, if that's the case, hopefully he can make it. I know that John and Joe will be there for it. If Shock, Rob, John, Joe, and possibly Simon can make it, it will be a great little tournament.

Rob, if you want to go and Shock can't make it, one of us will give you a little rundown of how to run the tournament(if you want to) and how to set up the sticks/pads simultaneously on MAME.

Sorry I can't make this one this time... but who wants to go to this one?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
NYC Road to EVO [12-13] UMK3 to be streamed

Stream is here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/teamspooky

Tournament details: http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=222564

Games:

Super Street fighter 4 Teams - PS3
Super Street Fighter 4 Singles - PS3
Tekken 6 - PS3
Tatsunoko vs Capcom - WII
Melty Blood Actress Again - PS2
HD Remix - PS3
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike - PS2
Capcom vs SNK 2 - PS2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat - XBOX360
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - ps3

Dark_Rob

Noob
Just a reminder for everyone to GET HYPE! Once again at an east coast major Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 will have winners/losers/grand finals streamed. Assuming this venue has wifi I will try and keep you guys updated here on when the UMK3 stream will start. If I cant get an internet signal I will try and reach Storms, Tim, or Juggs on aim to keep everyone posted. UMK3 invades Road to EVO tommorow!

Dark_Rob

Noob
I read somewhere that UMK3 is to be streamed at 2PM, but I'm sure that is subject to change. Why do I always have a ton of work to do when there is a tournament stream. Time to throw on the coffee.

Good luck everyone, put on a good show! Throw some fatalities at them (only the good ones lol).
Well the tournament is supposed to start at 2pm. We have to get through that before the stream. I expect the streamed part to go off somewhere between 4 and 6pm.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Wow, It was an amazing experience again...yeah there were some input issues but i still had tons of fun and i don't have any regrets for nothing. Congratulations to Joe and Shock for the good performance and for the epic show they put.The whole time i was like WOOOOOW. UMK got great attention thanks to those two MK monsters. Thank you Rob and Johny Cage for the great time as well. Thanks to Chin and Sci for the good debut, I hope to see ya next time....Overall the event was great and i wish to see even better response at Summer Jam.

P.S. thanks Scheisse for recording the matches, i'm gonna enjoy them now with a cup of coffee...And last but not least I want to thank the viewers who supported UMK3.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Thanks a lot man for the good words, about the issue...I think I'm gonna drop the keyboard for life...i have at least two more months to practice on the stick so there might be no need to worry about input at this point. See even the sticks had input problems cause both Joe and Shock missed a couple of key moments and I could tell that there was something wrong...Right after my first match with Kitana i knew that its gonna be hard but still i Love how things turned out amd still had a lot of fun.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sorry I don't post around here much, I don't really frequent many MK boards like I use to. Glad everyone enjoyed the tournament stream. We're definitely going to get UMK3 stream going at every tournament possible from now on. I hope MK9 moves in the right direction and is tournament worthy, it will probably help UMK3 on some level.

Status
Not open for further replies.