What's new

Match-up Discussion Juicy VIII.a: My Final(ized) MU chart

Bugman

Noob
Batman doesn't always have trait lol. I just can't see Sinestro beating Batgirl, her meterless vortex her corner damage her mixups her anti zoning tools her wakeups. She has so many things that help her get in better than what Batman has to help him get in.

As far as Scorpion goes, PL is the best Scorpion and I beat him pretty convincingly with Sinestro (no offense to him, that matchup is just hard.) I'm going to body Bugman with Sinestro tonight or tomorrow so he changes his mind lol. Scorpion's damage is shit, even if he hits you with a teleport it doesn't matter. If you hit him once he could be done, ggs. You can punish non MB teleport with a full B3 punish. Control space with B12 and fear blast. His J3 is meaningless to your D2. He can't play footsies with you at all. Everything he does besides MB teleport is a full combo punish, you might be able to punish with trait actually. Just block low against him if he does B12 the 2 whiff over your head and you get a full punish. You can react to his overhead B2 and full combo punish. Basically just block and play footsies against Scorpion and let him hang himself, he has nothing safe at all. He's going to run out of meter eventually for MB teleports, he can't do them forever. And even if he miraculously touches Sinestro somehow, he is going to spend like 2 bars of meter to take 25% out of you. Nice. Then you touch him and meterless vortex him. GGs lmao

I haven't played Raven vs Sinestro in months so I have no comments on that, 7-3 just seemed a little much
@FOREVER KING you can't not beat me with Sinestro:confused: you have to use top 5 characters to stand a chance lol whenever I get back on I will teach you the true meaning of HELL!;)

Bugman

Noob
Batgirl and Batman are nothing alike. Batgirl gets outfootsied and has to take a risk to get past Sinestro's zoning and footsie game. Batman has one of the most dominant traits in the game and he gets a mixup after he hits you. Batman takes no risks because he can always cover his ass with the trait.

As for Scorpion, he does what he is designed to do: jump around and mix in teleports and forward dashes. Sinestro cannot punish the MB teleport. @Bugman agrees.

Sinestro dominates Raven, but even in a 7-3 it is possible to win in tournament.
Yes I agree @cR WoundCowboy.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
@FOREVER KING you can't not beat me with Sinestro:confused: you have to use top 5 characters to stand a chance lol whenever I get back on I will teach you the true meaning of HELL!;)
No offense Bugman bro, but I could probably bop that Scorpion with like 20 different characters :p Let's play tonight haha. After I beat you with Sinestro I want you to immediately come back to this thread and report your scores to Mr. Wound :D

Bugman

Noob
No offense Bugman bro, but I could probably bop that Scorpion with like 20 different characters :p Let's play tonight haha. After I beat you with Sinestro I want you to immediately come back to this thread and report your scores to Mr. Wound :D
OK sure why not whenever I get back on we shall play in once I beat you I will say this to you TO HELL WITH YOU!:D

E

Eldriken

OK sure why not whenever I get back on we shall play in once I beat you I will say this to you TO HELL WITH YOU!:D
From my experience against King, all you will have to worry about is his Batman. :DOGE

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Trust me I play @FOREVER KING before don't get me wrong he is good and I like to play him but his Sinestro is not ready.
So have I lol and I can tell you this much: you're underestimating him. His Sinestro is ready haha. Don't get me wrong I've seen you play too and your Scorpion is good, but he is right that Scorpion's just a really bad character, I used to main him too so I know :p he knows how to fight and beat him really bad. But props for stepping up and trying to prove a point! :)

And for the record I also do not believe Scorpion goes 5-5 with Sinestro, the fact he supposedly can't punish MB teleport is not enough to justify it being 5-5 IMO

Bugman

Noob
So have I lol and I can tell you this much: you're underestimating him. His Sinestro is ready haha. Don't get me wrong I've seen you play too and your Scorpion is good, but he is right that Scorpion's just a really bad character, I used to main him too so I know :p he knows how to fight and beat him really bad. But props for stepping up and trying to prove a point! :)

And for the record I also do not believe Scorpion goes 5-5 with Sinestro, the fact he supposedly can't punish MB teleport is not enough to justify it being 5-5 IMO
It is a 5-5 because Scorpion can mind fuck Sinestro easy when he in mid-range and long range. Sinestro zoining game it not enough to beat Scorpion.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
It is a 5-5 because Scorpion can mind fuck Sinestro easy when he in mid-range and long range. Sinestro zoining game it not enough to beat Scorpion.
Sinestro is not supposed to zone in this matchup haha. If he does he's not playing the matchup correctly. And even if Scorpion can "mind fuck" Sinestro with his vortex (I presume that's what you're talkinng about), so can Sinestro. Not to mention Sinestro's vortex is meterless, more damaging, and unreactable whereas Scorpion's requires a crap ton of meter, barely takes out anything (King isn't kidding when he said Scorpion can literally waste 2 bars and only get 25%), and you can react and punish his B2 on block. And if you opt for the instant J1 teleport mixup instead (which I guess would be a "true" vortex in the sense you can't react to it, but it isn't all that consistent anyway so you could potentially whiff the J1 and get punished), then you run the risk of Sinestro guessing right and full combo punishing your non-MB teleport. And if you guess right you have to MB the teleport to get a combo and continue your vortex, which only wastes more precious meter. Eventually you're gonna run out of meter and can't vortex anymore. But Sinestro still can. Overall Sinestro is just better in every way lol (much) better footsies, damage, vortex options, mixups, trait, etc.

Bugman

Noob
Sinestro is not supposed to zone in this matchup haha. If he does he's not playing the matchup correctly. And even if Scorpion can "mind fuck" Sinestro with his vortex (I presume that's what you're talkinng about), so can Sinestro. Not to mention Sinestro's vortex is meterless, more damaging, and unreactable whereas Scorpion's requires a crap ton of meter, barely takes out anything (King isn't kidding when he said Scorpion can literally waste 2 bars and only get 25%), and you can react and punish his B2 on block. And if you opt for the instant J1 teleport mixup instead (which I guess would be a "true" vortex in the sense you can't react to it, but it isn't all that consistent anyway so you could potentially whiff the J1 and get punished), then you run the risk of Sinestro guessing right and full combo punishing your non-MB teleport. And if you guess right you have to MB the teleport to get a combo and continue your vortex, which only wastes more precious meter. Eventually you're gonna run out of meter and can't vortex anymore. But Sinestro still can. Overall Sinestro is just better in every way lol (much) better footsies, damage, vortex options, mixups, trait, etc.
I hear what are you saying but at the same time Sinestro also gotta play Scorpion game as well because if Scorpion get the life lead first, It hard for Sinestro to catch up. I understand that Sinestro got better footsie and damage(won't say vortex because his vortex ain't all that lol) but Scorpion got better momento then Sinestro.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
I hear what are you saying but at the same time Sinestro also gotta play Scorpion game as well because if Scorpion get the life lead first, It hard for Sinestro to catch up. I understand that Sinestro got better footsie and damage(won't say vortex because his vortex ain't all that lol) but Scorpion got better momento then Sinestro.
Sinestro actually doesn't care much about Scorpion's game haha. Scorpion's game revolves mainly around his (reactable) vortex and scaring the opponent to stay full screen in which case you can start hellfire shenanigans on them and punish any zoning attempts with teleports; in essence forcing them to come to you. The problem with that is that there's no reason for Sinestro to be afraid of Scorpion's teleport, as even if Scorpion does catch him, he's not taking out much damage at all and is wasting meter in the process. So, Sinestro has no problem just coming to you and forcing you to play footsies, where Scorpion severely lacks. And once Sinestro gets his momentum going, it becomes rough for Scorpion. Sinestro's vortex is also safe might I add whereas Scorpion's is not. This matchup is at least 6-4 Sinestro or possibly worse IMO

Bugman

Noob
Sinestro actually doesn't care much about Scorpion's game haha. Scorpion's game revolves mainly around his (reactable) vortex and scaring the opponent to stay full screen in which case you can start hellfire shenanigans on them and punish any zoning attempts with teleports; in essence forcing them to come to you. The problem with that is that there's no reason for Sinestro to be afraid of Scorpion's teleport, as even if Scorpion does catch him, he's not taking out much damage at all and is wasting meter in the process. So, Sinestro has no problem just coming to you and forcing you to play footsies, where Scorpion severely lacks. And once Sinestro gets his momentum going, it becomes rough for Scorpion. Sinestro's vortex is also safe might I add whereas Scorpion's is not. This matchup is at least 6-4 Sinestro or possibly worse IMO
Not true Sinestro gotta take risk because one wrong move Sinestro is going eat vortex every single time in also certain stage like hall of justice, goathm city, and aircraft Sinestro is screw because anything he touch is a risk. Any thing that Scorpion touch is a reward. That why I said it a 5-5 MU. Sinestro footsie, zoining, and up close game can't help him forever.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
A player of your caliber does not lose a favorable 7:3 match up in a tournament. Sinestro versus Raven is not 7:3. Ducky whines too much. Speaking of Ducky, he should post his "juicy" Raven match up chart.

I also do not see Sinestro beating Batgirl.
Idiot. Cowboy is the one who first suggested the match up is 7-3.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I think king might be right. Batman vs sinestro might be 5-5.
Should I insert obligatory "I told you so" post here should I just roll my eyes and and say "yeah its Batman, I'm right about all of his matchups. Why did you even have doubt in the first place."