What's new

Match-up Discussion Juicy VIII.a: My Final(ized) MU chart

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
You didn't get it straight :DOGE I didn't say his opinion didn't mean anything but in general a main's opinion is going to hold more weight since they will have played the matchup more and know more about both their character and the matchup itself.
Player A is a main of character 1 and player B happens to be playing that character for this matchup too against player C who is playing character 2. If player A beats player C and player B beats player C then it might mean character 1 beats character 2 but you also need to take into account how well player C knows the matchup. It may well be that both player A and B could be winning because player C doesn't know/play the matchup well enough. Sometimes it's a mix.
Right I get that, and I respect what your saying, but isn't that a mute point when we're talking about "player c" being the top representatives of their character ( like slips and pl for scorpion)? King is saying he will play the BEST scorpions in long sets and win. If playing the absolute best scorpions doesn't entail learning the matchup at the highest level, then what does? Help me out here

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Right I get that, and I respect what your saying, but isn't that a mute point when we're talking about "player c" being the top representatives of their character ( like slips and pl for scorpion)? King is saying he will play the BEST scorpions in long sets and win. If playing the absolute best scorpions doesn't entail learning the matchup at the highest level, then what does? Help me out here
That's what I was saying to King, even at this point in the game we're still seeing top players, the best, with a lack of matchup experience against certain characters. Like for example Honeybee saying he didn't have enough Raven experience which is one of the reasons why he lost that matchup at KIT even though Flash wins it.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Killer Frost and Sinestro is 5-5 :eek: I was led to believe that the match-up was 7-3 all this time because slide went under fear blast

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Its 5-5 IMO. Sinestro can't zone and he does take risks for every single string he throws out to potentially be put into a 50/50. When he gets the trait out thought its like wtf
He has plenty of safe strings. Yes, when trait is out it's 9-1 and he can charge trait while reacting to anything BG does.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
It's funny how nobody actually talks about specifics of the MU, but who they beat. If anyone is going to talk about who they beat, at least explain why you beat that person. Then others can at least get better understanding of things to look for/capitalize on in the MU

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
@cR WoundCowboy

How would you rank these actors in terms of how well they would do justice to the character Sinestro in a movie? This list assumes Mark Strong is Sinestro, and is how my MU chart would go:

Mark Strong:

6-4 Tobin Bell
4-6Hugo Weaving
5-5Benedict Cumberbatch (possibly 4-6 if Cumberbatch can do a perfectly fitting voice)
5-5Ralph Fiennes
6-4Vincent Cassel

Winning:2
Losing:1
Even: 2

All in all, I think besides Hugo weaving, it would be very difficult to top Mark Strong's Sinestro. Admittedly part of the reason why is because he's what we have been exposed to. Initially people thought Christian Bale was a horrid choice for Batman, and now most consider him the best.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
But because they are -5 i get free mixup
Not really since he can backdash everything except batwheel at -5. If you get predicatable with batwheel he can blow it up with d1~shackles.

Sinestro also has strings with more pushback where BG has even less advantage.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
Vs Aquaman, if Zod has the lifelead Aquaman is forced to come to him. Aquaman can't really catch Zods backdash tho it's ridiculous lol. He can trade his FTD with your IAZB sure but you win those trades, the Zod ball is just going to juggle him and waste time letting your trait have more time to recharge. Your trait is free chip damage and free meter gain and possibly a 40% combo of you open Aquaman up. If not, push him back with MB low lasers and go back to zoning. Your MB low laser on block does not guarantee a free trait summon, FTD on block does not guarantee a free trait summon. He can FTD you before your trait comes out. But if he goes for FTD you can shoot him with your side arm. So that's the mixup. Is Zod going to side arm or summon trait? Also if you hit with side arm and Aquaman goes for FTD, you can hit him with another side arm. So that is a mind game as well. MB side arm guarantees you free trait summon, MB low laser on hit guarantees you free trait summon, and finishing combos with 123 guarantees you free trait summon. If you block FTD while you have trait out, trait grab punishes. If you get Aquaman with trait grab and he uses his trait, don't hit him while your trait is still biting him. That's a waste of your trait he'll just block whatever you're doing. You have to wait until the trait throws Aquaman so he's airborne, then you combo. MB push also does not guarantee a free trait summon
/\ /\
Attention Everyone who made a an account a month ago. This is what is known as breaking down a matchup. Note that the different characters' options are being laid out and the reactions to and possible counters are being listed for discussion, scenarios are being analyzed.

Come April, when you go to post your Day2 Matchup Charts and demand props and recognition; if you cannot lay it like out this and accept scrutiny you are adding NOthing of value to a site for competitive players. I am preemptively asking you to please stop making my eyes bleed.
-Thanks, yaboi GRieVeR

LEGEND

YES!
@cR WoundCowboy

How would you rank these actors in terms of how well they would do justice to the character Sinestro in a movie? This list assumes Mark Strong is Sinestro, and is how my MU chart would go:

Mark Strong:

6-4 Tobin Bell
4-6Hugo Weaving
5-5Benedict Cumberbatch (possibly 4-6 if Cumberbatch can do a perfectly fitting voice)
5-5Ralph Fiennes
6-4Vincent Cassel

Winning:2
Losing:1
Even: 2

All in all, I think besides Hugo weaving, it would be very difficult to top Mark Strong's Sinestro. Admittedly part of the reason why is because he's what we have been exposed to. Initially people thought Christian Bale was a horrid choice for Batman, and now most consider him the best.
7-3 benedict cumberbatch, no options

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This is a perfect example of post b12 options.

@1:00 Handy blocks Wound's b12. Handy is +5 and throws out b1 (low) but Sinestro can interrupt that with d1 and he does. Now Sinestro is +17 and can go into his j3/axe mixups. Here, Wound lands an axe and puts Batgirl in a vortex.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I personally like the Grundy - Sinestro matchup better than the Bane - Sinestro matchup but that's probably just because landing chip trait makes it instantly hilarious.