What's new

Video/Tutorial Joker video thread. Gameplay/tips by KH Cat

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Indeed. One this with d2 in this game is that they are generally in the d2-er's favor. If you are trying to get close for pressure, they can sit and get ready. If you dash or jump, d2 is a valid way to catch you and initiates some pretty solid combos for some people. Add to that Joker's lack of overheads and you have a problem. However, you can always go in with a crowbar (bf3) in that kinda situation and catch them with their pants down (though they should be able to block on reaction). Like I said, I think my problem is I'm just too predictable with the jumps alot of the time. Gotta chill out and pressure in different ways.
Yeah I know. Once you get people to worry about the sweep/crowbar 50/50 you can jump in again.
What I found was though, characters with godlike d2's will still beat out the crowbar option, namely wonderwoman and aquaman in my experience
even characters with shitty d2's will be able to d2 the crowbar if they are ready
once the meta advances to this though, I think we'll need to start using naked teeth to cover our jump ins
will force them to look to punish the teeth on top of looking for the 50/50 and the jump in
just overload them so they can't cover every option lol

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yeah I know. Once you get people to worry about the sweep/crowbar 50/50 you can jump in again.
What I found was though, characters with godlike d2's will still beat out the crowbar option, namely wonderwoman and aquaman in my experience
even characters with shitty d2's will be able to d2 the crowbar if they are ready
once the meta advances to this though, I think we'll need to start using naked teeth to cover our jump ins
will force them to look to punish the teeth on top of looking for the 50/50 and the jump in
just overload them so they can't cover every option lol
Yep, I agree. Some d2's in this game got retarded with the buff. Joker's is crazy for distance on the ground, but it's hitbox against people in the air seems really inconsistent and weird to me. I can connect a d2 from start, but if they jump at me it whiffs for a significant portion of that distance? Why? Weirdness.
Also, what do you used to stream with?

StevoSuprem0

When I get back to my 360 ill remember the first but the teeth to flower ambiguous crossup is also a safejump against anything.
True. I need to compile a list of the safe stuff, gonna incorporate it into that guide project I've been working on, which I'm trying to get started on again.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Yep, I agree. Some d2's in this game got retarded with the buff. Joker's is crazy for distance on the ground, but it's hitbox against people in the air seems really inconsistent and weird to me. I can connect a d2 from start, but if they jump at me it whiffs for a significant portion of that distance? Why? Weirdness.
Also, what do you used to stream with?
lol yeah, theres a huge portion where the d2 seems to whiff
it seems they didnt buff the circular arc as it goes up
like their is a wide vertical and horizontal hitbox, but they aren't equal to one huge box, like its 2 seperate vertical and horizontal boxes (then again this game uses hit spheres but should still apply regardless)
oh well joker's d2 would be overpowered if it had that horizontal hitbox the whole way through lol
still one of the better d2's in the game in terms of range

i stream using the inbuilt software for my elgato capture card
i stream off my mac so i can't go crazy adding overlays and stuff without destroying the quality and causing huge amounts of lag (the software doesnt allow for overlays)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lol yeah, theres a huge portion where the d2 seems to whiff
it seems they didnt buff the circular arc as it goes up
like their is a wide vertical and horizontal hitbox, but they aren't equal to one huge box, like its 2 seperate vertical and horizontal boxes (then again this game uses hit spheres but should still apply regardless)
oh well joker's d2 would be overpowered if it had that horizontal hitbox the whole way through lol
still one of the better d2's in the game in terms of range

i stream using the inbuilt software for my elgato capture card
i stream off my mac so i can't go crazy adding overlays and stuff without destroying the quality and causing huge amounts of lag (the software doesnt allow for overlays)
Not OP at all considering the startup, block disadv and the moves it can be cancelled to, a max range D2 is barely safe with close teeth

Indigeau

The April Fool
Just skimming the thread and thought I'd add my grain of salt to J3 followups other than D1 into Acid Blossom. Following a J3, a well-timed D2 can cancel into MB Rolling Laughing Gas into B3, J2. From there you've got a few options with his various teeth traps or a chance to set up his crowbar OTG, all for around 30ish% damage not counting any aforementioned resets/OTGs. Maybe a bit off the topic at hand, but I figured i could contribute.

(Hello from a new member, by the way!)

StevoSuprem0

A lil late, but some joker hype at final round.
Did Qwark record there? Da fuq... :DOGE

I do enjoy watching these sets Notez (forgot about Syknis' 2 minute coaching session... lol). You did well :)

Last edited: