What's new

Guide Joker Parry Guide

rehti

Noob
Before the latest patch, when we were facing Supes in 50% of online games, they tended to all start the game with the famous F2. A thing I've always loved to do was to parry this by spamming the parry button as my first move. It is still working but because of the nerf, no body does that anymore. Anyway, It is still possible vs other heroes that do similar move as their first move:
WW : Every WW does B2-3 as a starter. Since I haven't found what to do vs that except backdash, I really like the fact that this can be parried.
GL: A lot of GL starts with their slide move. I know that if we block the slide we can then parry the rest but smashing the parry button will also parry the slide. I however found this one way to risky .
Ares: I don't know the frequency but Ares can starts the game with B1-3 which is similar to supes F2. This is also parriable.

So bottomline, what do you guys think about smashing parry button vs certain characters as a game starter? Qwark, I know this is very very unsafe and cannot be use in competition but I am talkign here vs random online opponent. I had so much success vs supes prepatch, I want to use it more often. Too bad it is so useless to have 1 HA early game tho. I wish we can find any utility of that :(

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I do that in some matchups. Just make sure your holding back on the high parry just in case because you'll get an option select if it doesn't come out. In general, its safer to back dash, but I hate jokers back dash and am starting to favor parry.
Also, 1 HA allows instant jump 2 to combo into 21 reliably, so that's beneficial.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Heh, I'm actually starting to like Joker's backdash more and more. I mean, it still sucks, but you can use it to dodge interactibles then since it lasts so little time punish them for using it.

Also, that parry to start a match is a great idea against MMH! I think that may actually let me start the match doing something other than blocking a trait>3>pillar.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yeah pretty much anyone that can reach you at start it is practical against. MMH is interesting... I think parry is actually the best option just because of how safe he is. While you can jump and punish others, that doesn't work on him.