What's new

Guide Joker Parry Guide

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
I might test it vs other characters later. Good point, unlike a lot of haters I really hope it is Scorpion. If spear is as good as batgirls bola but pulls you towards him scorpion is going to be beastmode.

laudanum09

Darling
Matchups are going to change come Tuesday.

Green Lantern b1,3 b1,2 will be parryable with universal timing now, yes? So he just can't pressure with that at all now. Other characters with strings we can punish but are harder to time against should be easier with more active frames, yes? Or were these hard to punish because of the 2 frame startup? Either way I am sure we can start speculating on matchup changes.

What do you guys think are his worst matchups and how will they change with the parry change?

Have any of the "good" strings fallen out of favor for new ones?

Other than that, it's a matter of going back and just testing out the new timings, I guess.

laudanum09

Darling
I don't think the OP will be coming back around anytime soon.

I say we need a new Parry thread, dedicated to parry setups, tech and string punishes. I know parry is kind of ass but the active frame buff means perfect reaction time is less of a factor and right now parry setups are probably the least looked into part of Joker's game.

I think there are four places to focus:

Neutral Game/Reads: seeing something coming, and punishing
Neutral Game/Interrupts: sticking a parry in between a string or strings
Oki: catching a wakeup move
Wake-Up: getting out of oki with parry

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I have a question. I'm in practice mode with Joker vs Batman, and If can only parry his 223 string If I'm ducking or his first two strikes with because of distance, and I catch the 3. Am I doing it wrong or is it not possible to block the 22 then come off block and parry the 3?! Hoepfully I'm doing it wrong. Any have advice on this?

Maybe this will help others. I answered my own question.
Batman's
22-3 can be parried up close, but the timing is strict.
123 I don't think can be broken, but the one can be parried
B113 cant be broken but the B1 can be parried with the low parry.
B112 can be broken with the overhead 2
B3 normal or MB can be parried.
F3 normal or MB can be parried.

Hope this helps anyone who didn't know.

Is it me or can you no longer parry Bane's Shoulder Charge?

EDIT: Answered my own question. No you cannot, as of the recent patch. That whiff parry (low) on most command throws is still good money though.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Did anyone ever figure out combos for all the HAs I actually think parry is a great tool to get pressure off but I don't know what to do with the speed bonus

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Did anyone ever figure out combos for all the HAs I actually think parry is a great tool to get pressure off but I don't know what to do with the speed bonus
Non that can be considered any better than his regular combos.

You can use ji2 into 3 from a higher height the higher the stack and it will be easier to combo.
At level 3, u can do 3 instead of 1 after instant nj2 for bigger damage.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yeah, little things like that. Overall, though, the combo potential actually goes down as your HAs increase. Makes you better at footsies and quick jump ins, but all you really get in combos is, tops, extra ji2 at some spots for more wall carry and about 2 more percent damage.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Actually guys a thought just came to me
with higher level ha's
i think we have access to safe insta overheads
currently, as you may already know, insta j2's are super punishable, but with ha's they could be safe
This would further expand our teeth mix up game as we would be able to mix up between b1 and insta j2 for the launch
and perhaps it would make the 2,1,2 teeth mix up better because insta j3 may possibly launch them directly into the teeth since it would hit lower

Just theory crafting

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Icwas reading some old literature on character traits and I came across how Joker's trait described. It mentioned that at three Ha's joker is pretty much insane and has unblockable moves. Has anyone came across any unblockable moves at 3 Ha's? If so this would give the community a huge amount of motivation to find parry set ups.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
If you google injustice gods among us character traits you will see gamespot page where it says unblockable moves

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Actually guys a thought just came to me
with higher level ha's
i think we have access to safe insta overheads
currently, as you may already know, insta j2's are super punishable, but with ha's they could be safe
This would further expand our teeth mix up game as we would be able to mix up between b1 and insta j2 for the launch
and perhaps it would make the 2,1,2 teeth mix up better because insta j3 may possibly launch them directly into the teeth since it would hit lower

Just theory crafting
Interesting. I'll play with that later.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
of course he has unblockables

when jumping is so fast you can do any string into teeth then j3 into j3

first j3 checks any and all movement

second j3 hits them if they blocked the first

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I picked two random characters to test out the strings I can parry. Lex and Bane.

Lex can do 113 (no one does 113) or 112, which means you guess right and get 11% or guess wrong and get full combo punished.

Bane can do b21 (legit string) or b23 (even better string), which means you guess right and get 11% or guess wrong and get full combo punished.

Lol, I think I'm done experimenting with parry