What's new

Johnny Cage Trailer Revealed for Mortal Kombat 11

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I like his animations and his fatality is pretty original.

But his design kinda sucks and I would have liked the reveal to be someone not in MKX. Oh well... Glad for the Cage fans.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
As expected but yeah for Johnny Cage he looks amazing.

Loved that fatality and outro.

Also with Johnny now officially confirmed can we pretty please also get Cassie now?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Can we take a second to marvel at the fucking masterwork that is the NRS facial animation team?

Like, I thought RE2make and DMCV’s facial animations looked good, Johnny shows they skipped right over the uncanny-valley and it looks so smooth.
The second uppercut specifically is just amazing. Watch his body posture, it's so casual, and the way his mouth drops as he says "Who is this guy, what the fuck." Like he owns the set. I mean, "yeah of course" Johnny would be like that. But no, it fucking LOOKS like that. It's not just an idea anymore, they can fucking animate these characters to be how we always imagined them to be.

Holy shit.

Same voice actor from MKX.

Super dope Fatal Blow.

And the BEST fatality I've seen out of EVERYONE so far.

Jesus Christ they keep making him cooler and cooler.

MK9 - I hate him

MKX - I tolerate him

MK11 - I MAIN HIM????

Holy shit he looks so damn cool i'm geeking out. I can't wait to see everyone complain about him. I'm genuinely hyped for his Kombat Kast. The move where he called out the YOUNG JOHNNY. Of course old Johnny and young Johnny would be fighting side-by-side lmfao. And the win pose!!

Omg.....guys....NRS did it again. ROUD OF APPLAUSE!

Edit: I know it was a stunt double now and not young Johnny. 3 different people told me y'all can chill lol.
I think that mighta been a stunt double. Tattoo looks drawn on. Plus is that a mustache?

Reactions: Zev
Don't like that his krushing blow is linked to a parry. They already have conditions as is but a party on top of That? Nah not feeling that. Otherwise he likes great and animates well. I like him.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Best fatality free lmao. Paid homage to the triple decap glitch.

Also, fuck you to all the inevitable Johnny haters who are about to complain that their lame nobody character didn’t get revealed.

Good night/morning
Posts like this makes me realize what kind of people I’m dealing with here, Friend politics extreme.

Anyway, I LOVE this version of Johnny, awesome everything! Love the fatality and swift gameplay. I do however worry for Noob Saibot after seeing this, the duplicate could mean no Noob again.

>better projectiles
>horizontal projectile
>apparent proper anti-air
>parry / counter
>stun attack (camera)...
>back to a very "Johnny" style of Johnny Cage (...thankfully!)
>amusing Fatality
>amusing Van-Damme-y nod outro...

It's official: JOHNNY CAGE DOESN'T SUCK!
---

Easily the best Cage depiction I have ever seen. They doubled down on movie references and made Cage pure FUN like all you get is joy from start to finish.
And that's exactly how they should design ALL the characters -- by being slavishly loyal to their personalities and character-specific tropes. After all, people are endeared to a given character because of who they are, not because of "tier" this and "viability" that. Love for a characters' personalities will long outlive any other aspect of their make-up.